Does somebody got sick with 151 Barcardi?

N.C.

Oct 18, 2004
Hey, I just want to know if somebody got sick with 151 barcardi, that sh*t, burn the stomach, I had bad experience with the 151. ;)

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Long time ago. I had two pina coladas. It was hot out I was thirsty and being a once in a blue moon drinker I drank them too fast. I didn't get sick but I had to sleep for a few hours and when I woke up I felt like I had been hit by a truck. I never did that again. :nervous:

Victor Laszlo

Bronze
Aug 24, 2004
Not Two!

:eek:
Anna Coniglio said:
Long time ago. I had two pina coladas. It was hot out I was thirsty and being a once in a blue moon drinker I drank them too fast. I didn't get sick but I had to sleep for a few hours and when I woke up I felt like I had been hit by a truck. I never did that again. :nervous:

Nice to know you have a wild side.

Apr 26, 2002
N.C. said:
Hey, I just want to know if somebody got sick with 151 barcardi, that sh*t, burn the stomach, I had bad experience with the 151. ;)
No, I've never had a problem. Excellent for disinfecting wounds or removing paint off of boats.

I guess the flame arrestor at the bottle opening didn't give you any hints about the contents or anything.

To keep this DR related, NEXT TIME TRY BRUGAL!!!

twincactus

Aug 9, 2004
www.dominicanstotheusa.com
If she is a Dominicana, does that count?

Porfio_Rubirosa said:
No, I've never had a problem. Excellent for disinfecting wounds or removing paint off of boats.

I guess the flame arrestor at the bottle opening didn't give you any hints about the contents or anything.

As her husband, I can tell you, she can put away the Brugal as well. She learned her lesson on our honeymoon with the 151, but that is all I can say because she will do unspeakable things to me if I say anything. If she wants to tell anybody, I will let her do it. ;) Luckily, most of the time, she just will drink a little Presidente and that's it. Boy is she in for a shock when she gets to the USA. She will be able to drink at home with me but since she is underage in the US, she will have to wait to go to the bars. Sorry honey, I guess we'll have to drink Coca Cola when we go to play some pool.

-Tim (the blanquito)

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
N.C. said:
Where's the DR content. LOL. I didn't know Bacardi was made in the DR. Brugal and other 151's are killers. I used to refuse to serve it to anyone unless they really insisted. ( A couple of Dominicans drank that stuff with grenadine. Forgot the name they gave it)
Bad for the bar business. #1 your customers get bombed to fast and drink less. (Spend less $$) #2 they don't really enjoy what they remember of their evening party. #3 they wake up the next morning with one heck of a hangover and wonder if their drinks were spiked at the bar they were at. It's a loose-loose-loose situation for both the bar and the customer. Stay away from it.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Porfio_Rubirosa said:

Oh oh see what I drinker I am? I thought we were talking about 151 Dominican rum . Those two drinks were in the DR. LOL

Jozee74

Sep 3, 2004
Brugal LOL

I cant tell you guys that I drink on occasion and I drink Henessey, Alizee, Beer, Vodka anything and I can handle it, BUT give me some Brugal and after 2 drinks I blank out, the next day I hear the stories LOL Luckily I only drink Brugal when I am in my house with friends and family. ;)

N.C.

Oct 18, 2004
Sweetie..

twincactus said:
As her husband, I can tell you, she can put away the Brugal as well. She learned her lesson on our honeymoon with the 151, but that is all I can say because she will do unspeakable things to me if I say anything. If she wants to tell anybody, I will let her do it. ;) Luckily, most of the time, she just will drink a little Presidente and that's it. Boy is she in for a shock when she gets to the USA. She will be able to drink at home with me but since she is underage in the US, she will have to wait to go to the bars. Sorry honey, I guess we'll have to drink Coca Cola when we go to play some pool.

-Tim (the blanquito)

I cant believe that you are going to give me coca cola :mad:

samiam

Bronze
Mar 5, 2003
I dont drink Bacardi, but Brugal's 151 is harsh man! I would only recommend 151 to an enemy!

TEHAMA

Feb 3, 2004
Just keep in mind that is one of the most potent liquors and if taken with certain medicines like advil or aleve IT WILL TEAR THE HELL OUT YOUR STOMACH. There is a warning on both bottles of pain relievers.

I love rum, but 151 is pure gasoline in my opinnion.

I am not a medical professional.
TEHAMA

CanadianCutie22

Jun 1, 2002
151 is death!

A few years back when we were FINALLY legal in the states we decided to go on a carnival cruise... one of the shore excursions we went on was the dreaded "contiki booze cruise"..

After 4 hours of chugging down that nasty pink punch (made with 151) none of us remember walking back to the big ship and 3 outta 5 of us ended up yackin in their cabins all night, the other two were too intoxicated to be present at dinner!!

Thank god for the video camera or else we wouldn't have had ANY memory of that day.. lol Altho that may not have been that bad of a thing!

I wasn't one of the "sick" ones but haven't touched any kind of rum since! Even my banana mama's and pina coladas I get with vodka!!

D

cyberchunk

Aug 9, 2004
Bacardi 151

Bacardi 151 is not for everyone. Its only for the brave of heart (or the ignorant).

Im from Puerto Rico and the best rum is not Bacardi, its Don Q. They also have the 151 rum, much better than Bacardi's.

Just like Europeans and the wine, Puerto Rico does not export their best rum, that one we drink by ourselves.....hehehehehhe

Chunk

N.C.

Oct 18, 2004
Same problem

CanadianCutie22 said:
A few years back when we were FINALLY legal in the states we decided to go on a carnival cruise... one of the shore excursions we went on was the dreaded "contiki booze cruise"..

After 4 hours of chugging down that nasty pink punch (made with 151) none of us remember walking back to the big ship and 3 outta 5 of us ended up yackin in their cabins all night, the other two were too intoxicated to be present at dinner!!

Thank god for the video camera or else we wouldn't have had ANY memory of that day.. lol Altho that may not have been that bad of a thing!

I wasn't one of the "sick" ones but haven't touched any kind of rum since! Even my banana mama's and pina coladas I get with vodka!!

D

That's what I was drinking, its 151 I think with Granadine, they called that chupitos, something like that, jejeje , I drank almost 18 tequila's glasses of that, and when I got into the room I fall sleep since 7 p.m until 3 oclock in the morning :bandit:

NubeLuz

Jul 23, 2004
Suicide !!!!

The only time I drank that s**t, it got me so sick, and my stomach never burnt like that in my entire life I don't even want to think about it. I only had like 3 or 4 daiquiris. It was the first and last time I was ever sick on alcohol ...
Don't try this at home folks ... :knockedou

NubeLuz