An Englishman in King Roberts' Court

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
Ok Robert, we only have a small window here to celebrate the Saaaaaaaaaaawwwx. They're as Dominican a ML baseball team can get, and the honor roll for this postseason is made up with Santo Domingo's finest.

Enough with putting them on the bottom of the news, this is top heading stuff.

This story caught my eye as one of your jolly countryman jumped the pond in his low-rise loafers to take in a World Series game.

I can assure you he didn't find any tea and bisquits in Fenway.

Alex Trickett, who was born in London, was raised on soccer and cricket, and currently covers those sports for the BBC Sport website. He took in his first World Series games at Fenway last weekend and came away a fan of baseball, as well.

There is still hope for you yet. Jolly good!

Jon S.

Bronze
Jan 25, 2003
A 'Dominican' won the MVP

And Manny won the MVP......great series, it's not like St Louis didn't try though, they just had to play against the Saawwxx!!!!! They'd better keep all those free agents. Yesterday on ESPN, they were saying that trading Nomar was the best thing that team could've done.

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
Congratulations David, Manny, Pedro...(just in case you're reading this ;) ) What a wild, wonderful ride...kudos to my fellow DR1 Boston followers who never gave up hope. I am confident this will spark a dynasty of Boston kicking some good ol' Yankee butt (weren't the Yankees looking a little CURSED! in the last four games??? I couldn't be more proud ...

PS
I sure hope this doesn't mean Francona will win Manager of the Year out of this!

Last edited:

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha...

They say: He who laughs last, laughs better and/or longer...

HA,HA,HA,HA,HA,HA.... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Manny, David and even Pedro "Who's your Daddy" Martinez...had the last laugh!!! And so did we, who believed from the beginning this was the year of the Red Sox...

CONGRATULATIONS, RED SOX NATION!!! YOU DESERVE IT...

Also to you Cleef...I know how much and for how long you and all the Sox fans have been waiting for this and how happy and proud you must feel!

Enjoy it!!! Until the last out last night WE "The Florida Marlins" were enjoying the ride!

Now the glory is all yours!!!

Go SOX!!!

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Yes, congratulations are in order for the Sox winning the "World Series"!

Does anyone have the results of the games I guess I must have missed?
Maybe the TV programming doesn't carry them in the DR.

You know, the games against the French, Russian, Japanese, Brazilian and the other 188 countries on the planet.

Victor Laszlo

Bronze
Aug 24, 2004
To quote that great statesman G.W. Bush...

Robert said:
Yes, congratulations are in order for the Sox winning the "World Series"!

Does anyone have the results of the games I guess I must have missed?
Maybe the TV programming doesn't carry them in the DR.

You know, the games against the French, Russian, Japanese, Brazilian and the other 188 countries on the planet.
Bring 'em on!