DR1 has become so borrrring.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Thanks to you politically correct, "nice" folks, DR1 has become as entertaining as watching my neighbor (fat belly) maestro Antonio playing dominos on sundays with his chopo associates.
Everyone is afraid to post something interesting for the fear of back lashes from some old folks who eguate "having fun" to "sin". seems like you are only allowed to post the daily dollar exchange rate and open up a new birthday thread to congratulate someone. Everyday we have a silly happybirthday thread, then everyone else is compelled to write their 3 words to get it over with. Please take your girly entertainment to PM or send them those cheesy electronic post cards.
This place has become so boring that even CC and golo are refraining to post for the fear of waking up some folks in geriatric ward in he north coast.
Whats the matter with you all? Wake up and start a fight for god sake, I would hate to see this board reduce to a birthday message board.
AZB

Jersey Devil

Bronze
Jul 5, 2002
Azb

I was beginning to wonder where Cris has gone to. I didn't realize that he was self-editing. I know that many, many times I have refrained from posting due to wanting to avoid negative reactions.

I guess I am not alone on that count.

Happy Hunting,

JD

Jozee74

Sep 3, 2004
I have to agree, I havent been on this site for over a week now, it is getting boring.

A.J.

Jan 2, 2002
Come on now it can't be that boring - just wait the winter travel season is upon us the level of "Do you knows" and "Is this true love" and "how do I send money down" postings will grow allwoing for some light winter reading enjoyment for all of us.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
At least once a year for the past 5 years that I've been on here the bad boys ( no names mentioned) come out and complain how boring it's getting.

I look at it in a different way, they are in down time till the next wave of craziness . :laugh:

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Senor AZB!

AZB said:
Thanks to you politically correct, "nice" folks, DR1 has become as entertaining as watching my neighbor (fat belly) maestro Antonio playing dominos on sundays with his chopo associates.
Everyone is afraid to post something interesting for the fear of back lashes from some old folks who eguate "having fun" to "sin". seems like you are only allowed to post the daily dollar exchange rate and open up a new birthday thread to congratulate someone. Everyday we have a silly happybirthday thread, then everyone else is compelled to write their 3 words to get it over with. Please take your girly entertainment to PM or send them those cheesy electronic post cards.
This place has become so boring that even CC and golo are refraining to post for the fear of waking up some folks in geriatric ward in he north coast.
Whats the matter with you all? Wake up and start a fight for god sake, I would hate to see this board reduce to a birthday message board.
AZB
Do you have any idea why this is happening?.

NubeLuz

Jul 23, 2004
U are so right !!!

Thanks AZB for saying out loud what everybody thinks (at least I do). I guess it looks better when it's a respected gold member that posts that kind of "complaint".

And A.J. is so right. It's true that we are always complaining at these sankie, looking for, is it true love, how to send money etc, posts but we have to admit they are so entertaining !! ;)

Mi dos cheles

Nube

FuegoAzul21

Jun 28, 2004
Its true

too many people are scared to post what they want to discuss , like why dont they have a sports thread ,why? cuase its not DR related? Dr has alot goin for it in sports other than baseball , however , people are scarred , hence there is barely ever a new exciting thread .

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Back to business.

AZB said:
Thanks to you politically correct, "nice" folks, DR1 has become as entertaining as watching my neighbor (fat belly) maestro Antonio playing dominos on sundays with his chopo associates.AZB
You're ugly and your mother dresses you funny...

mobrouser

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
AZB said:
...and open up a new birthday thread to congratulate someone. Everyday we have a silly happybirthday thread....

strangely enough, i see that your name is in the birthday listings. the only way to collect this info is when people volunteer their birth dates so i must assume that you really do appreciate "girly entertainment".

mob :classic:

AlaninDR

Mr. Chunky Skin
Dec 17, 2002
mobrouser said:
strangely enough, i see that your name is in the birthday listings. the only way to collect this info is when people volunteer their birth dates so i must assume that you really do appreciate "girly entertainment".

mob :classic:
A big "girly Man" Happy Birthday to AZB. Consider this either a belated best wish for you, or one well in advance.
Wanna fight? Dave will protect me.

Marianopolita

Former Spanish forum Mod 2010-2021
Dec 26, 2003
This is just a message board...

Okay at the risk of being very blunt. ....

Are people forgetting that this is just a message board? May be there is a true underlying problem other than "political correctness" etc. as stated by one member. What I am saying is this board should not only be a source of entertainment for some. A source of information on DR related issues yes, but if you are bored then it's not DR1. You need to find another source of entertainment.

I agree the forum is slow right now but like anything in life it has its ups and downs.

Quien quiere gritar. ....que grite pero eso es la manera en que yo lo veo.

Chao,

-Lesley D

chuckuindy

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
Not a message board, a social happening!

Could it possibly be because AZB has convinced all of us that patronizing with UHB?s is not a good idea? I know for a fact that I have not eaten pork since my brief stay with him. His lack of verbal assaults on Bushbaby (who had it coming) has turned me into a pacifist.

Maybe Miguel?s has turned us all into purse carrying, door opening, kiss up?s. heck even Clipped has not chimed in with one of her absurd, 4 letter word post in so long that I can not remember the last time. As for poor CC in his last post he stated that he was having sex 3 ? 4 times per day with his wife. HIS WIFE, what kind of deal is this. I think that even Larry has bought some new shirts, and what about Scott, no additional warning points.

I think that there is probably more post being deleted before we get to see them than ever before. Sure Anna, keep all of the good stuff for you.

We definitely need more posts on sankies, UBH?s, pro child prostitution, gay bashing, geriatric bashing, whore house tales, graft and corruption stories, and AZB telling us we need to find ?white? Dominican ?good girls?, who are doctors, lawyers and engineers.

To quote Robert, ?Yawn!? DR1 is boring. Come on everyone tell us what you really think.

Charlie

CyaBye3015

Bronze
Jan 8, 2003
Marco,

I suggest you should keep the good china locked up for thanksgiving. Perhaps it could turn into a good old fashion bar room brawl.

Joe

DMAO

Oct 30, 2004
chuckuindy said:
Could it possibly be because AZB has convinced all of us that patronizing with UHB?s is not a good idea? I know for a fact that I have not eaten pork since my brief stay with him. His lack of verbal assaults on Bushbaby (who had it coming) has turned me into a pacifist.

Maybe Miguel?s has turned us all into purse carrying, door opening, kiss up?s. heck even Clipped has not chimed in with one of her absurd, 4 letter word post in so long that I can not remember the last time. As for poor CC in his last post he stated that he was having sex 3 ? 4 times per day with his wife. HIS WIFE, what kind of deal is this. I think that even Larry has bought some new shirts, and what about Scott, no additional warning points.

I think that there is probably more post being deleted before we get to see them than ever before. Sure Anna, keep all of the good stuff for you.

We definitely need more posts on sankies, UBH?s, pro child prostitution, gay bashing, geriatric bashing, whore house tales, graft and corruption stories, and AZB telling us we need to find ?white? Dominican ?good girls?, who are doctors, lawyers and engineers.

To quote Robert, ?Yawn!? DR1 is boring. Come on everyone tell us what you really think.

Charlie
Pro child prostitiution???? I hope you meant ANTI child prostitution :angry:

Rare Earth

Oct 22, 2004
Relaunch DR1 but first "ask the reader!!"

If you ask me, news should be shorter, a little bit more news (sports), an editorial could be interesting, a relevant set of changing links must be published and some discrete color and pictures are welcome......if you ask ME.

Take the time to get some consummer insight and implement changes to increase satisfaction, maybe in the future we could agree to pay a small fee for the service. (excuse me readers!)

Rare Earth

AZB said:
AZB

CyaBye3015

Bronze
Jan 8, 2003
Rare Earth said:
maybe in the future we could agree to pay a small fee for the service. (excuse me readers!) Rare Earth

Who............ the 17 members he would have left if Robert were to charge for using this forum. Remember, there are several other Dominican Republic forums.

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
If DR1 has become so boring, how come none of us ever leave? The same 20 or so people who I have seen posting over the past few years are never going anywhere. DR1 is just in a "down" cycle which recurs once in a while. It's cause is the absense of two things. The first and main one is NEWS. No earthquakes, no hurricianes, no more Hippo/Leonel elections, no major scandals to speak of, no more baseball, yadda yadda yadda. We are in a "soft spot" so to speak. The second thing we are missing is an antagonist. There always seems to be one or two people popping in here stirring up the pot. Right now, there is no one. I cannot think of anyone I really dislike (there is just "dislike" minus the "really"). So until something or someone happens, we are in a "soft spot". To me, it just feels like the calm before the storm.

Larry

Culoman

Oct 8, 2004
Are you reading this Robert? Maybe instead of just closing people's threads because the subject was discussed a couple of months ago or because YOU personally don't like the subject you should let the posters do their thing. Even if the post is controversial at least you get a discussion going with various opinions. Too bad you guys aren't into Cuba. The Green Screen is a great forum where the posters talk about everything.