Tourist Visa vs Student Visa?

mobilejewlz

Oct 28, 2004
Previously posted to Kelly2 ........ but anyone with answers please answer...

Is there anyway for you to give the scoop on what really happens during this visa processing. I have a boyfriend in DR that is planning on applying for a visitor visa for this summer. And for some reason he is just not pressed. I keep hearing all these horror stories about how he'll never get one to the point where I am about to be really stressed. Some people have said he should try a student visa because he's a student. Are student visa's for college students only? He's not in college. It's sooooo nerve recking. Please help the couple trying to figure out the best route......

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Not sure what country you are asking about but in Canada if you want to get a student visa it means that you will be attending a college or University in Canada. You have to show immigration that you have been accepted and paid for whatever course you are taking in Canada and show how you will be supporting yourself for the time you are in school.

Here is the link

NYWELSH1

Oct 7, 2004
Visa

Have Him Inrole As A Student Over There Then Apply After A Month
Get A Collge In Canada To Sponser Him Looks Might Help !!

twincactus

Aug 9, 2004
www.dominicanstotheusa.com
mobilejewlz said:
Thanks Canada! I'm US based in New York City. What to do?......

Good luck. No offense, but your chance of a visitors visa is next to nil unless he has substantial assets in the DR. Even then, processing could take a loooooong time. My Dominican wife and I have a friend who just got hers after 5 years of waiting. She is a much older woman, and doesn't look like a supermodel, and that helps too. Enrolling in a US university can work, but the USCIS will want to see the tuition in the bank in the DR over a significant period of time, IOW, if you send it down to them, forget it. Why don't you just apply for a K1 fiance? They are processing those so fast right now I am getting jealous since we married in the DR.

-Tim

Roberto284

Jul 2, 2004
??

twincactus said:
Good luck. No offense, but your chance of a visitors visa is next to nil unless he has substantial assets in the DR. Even then, processing could take a loooooong time. My Dominican wife and I have a friend who just got hers after 5 years of waiting. She is a much older woman, and doesn't look like a supermodel, and that helps too. Enrolling in a US university can work, but the USCIS will want to see the tuition in the bank in the DR over a significant period of time, IOW, if you send it down to them, forget it. Why don't you just apply for a K1 fiance? They are processing those so fast right now I am getting jealous since we married in the DR.

-Tim

hi Tim

what's the k1 fiance??