Dorado Club Hotetur

OttawaTom

Dec 15, 2002
Hi all.

I've done a search for information on this resort and haven't come up with much. Does anyone have any recent information about this hotel. good or bad?

Tom

Malibook

Bronze
Jan 23, 2002
www.yourtraveltickets.com
I was there last week.
The room reminded me of Jack Tar in that mine was one of 3 or 4 in the building.
They also have 2 level buildings similar to JT and many resorts.
The pools are nice.
One for activities and one with a bar.
The beach is way better over here than by the Paradise or Jack Tar area.
It is much wider here.
I found the beach by JT and Paradise to be ridiculously narrow.
Sometimes the waves would wash over the entire beach, which wasn't that much.
The food was not that great.
I did not try the seafood but I did try the buffet and the Jade Garden Chinese food.
The buffet is okay but quite bland and boring.
JG was quite terrible.
I found the food at Jack Tar was far better than Villas Dorada or Paradise.

Several of the people who arrived when I did did not get a room right away.
Some problem with the reservations and they were told they would have to relocate.
The resort was not nearly full and they did eventually get rooms there but what BS after getting there around 10PM.
I would have been very pissed off.

I spent most of my time away from the resort so I can't comment on much else like the shows and other activities.

Sorry, I just noticed Dorado Club and not Villas Dorada.

Check this out.
http://www.debbiesdominicantravel.com/travel44.html

Last edited:

radiogirl99

Oct 8, 2004
Hi, I was there about a year ago and had an awesome time. It is not a big resort on its own, but it is in the Playa Dorada complex surrounded by a number of other resorts. If you are looking for a smaller, more low-keyed atmosphere to relax in, this place is perfect. You can lounge by the pool area, or you can take a 2 minute walk down to the beach and lounge around there. The staff there is exceptional. The entertainment team is awesome. The food is decent. All in all it is great value for your money. If you want to see more reviews about this resort, go to www.tripadvisor.com and there are quite a few reviews about it there.

purplebunniern

May 13, 2004
Villa Dorada

I recently stayed at the Villa Dorada for one week in feb. Ive been spoiled by my past trips which have been at 5 stars. I didnt get my room right away but when I did it was clean and thats all that really matters. Paint looked a little tired and so did the bathtub. Food over all is decent, not a lot of variety but I didnt go hungry. I didnt care for the seafood restuarant but Jade Garden Chinese was good. Pretty boring drink list and it was funny, some people that I met and I were drinking vodka/ water and we wanted a piece of lime well they only had one piece so we had to share it.
Animation team did their best, didnt find alot of people participated though. Beach was wonderful, pools are nice too but it was to cold to swim in them when I was there. I would go back but no longer then one week. My next adventure is Playa Naco for two weeks - anyone have any advice for this resort?
purplebunniern:bunny:

Frank13

Mar 24, 2004
playa Naco

i've past a week there its a nice hotel but if you are able go to fun tropical for aprox the same price i prefer fun tropical food (self service) there is better and the restaurant a la carte was better too ! But if the price of the trip is more than 50-75 $ choose playa Naco...