Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Electricty Cost - Post Your Bill!

Anybody can tell me the average cost of electricity for a house with 3 bedrooms and 2 rooms in sosua ? thx, supa

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

an average Dominican house or an average American house?

Air conditioners in every room ?

At what exchange rate?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

1 Bedroom apartment with one A/C in Santo Domingo (American style) runs me around 5K-6K pesos per month. At the current exchange that's $200. This is because, here anyway, if you exceed 700 KWH per month you pay double the normal rate. After all, elecricity is a luxury, no?

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking

2 bedroom apartment, no air-conditioning (always a good breeze).
    Electricity bill: RD$5-600 monthly

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Its Ridiculous

Temperature up here in Chicago area chilly. Heat (electric forced air) is on now. I ran the air conditioning up here three to four times this summer and never at night. My electric bill up here is 30 to 50 U.S. dollars a month. Down there? Who knows? Can't get any type of a perceptive explanation. Just thinking, but maybe I'll just stop paying on everything down there. This **** is beyond ridiculous when the power bill there is more than here. Gas is more, cooking gas is more, prices are disproportionate to the dollar and criminal activity is up. Food costs more and its just going on and on. Its everything. My condominium assessments have more than doubled. I guage things as to how much a can of Campbell's chicken and rice soup costs. Three bucks???? I'm putting way way way too much money into the economy down there and getting less, less and even less. I certainly don't want to take advantage of anybody but I certainly don't want to be taken advantave of. This is only a rhetorical question but based on fact nonetheless. What do you do when your monthly condo assessments in R.D. have increased so much to where they're significantly more than you pay here in the States? My answer is to walk away if this crap keeps on. Jurisdiction is down there and not up here. Sue me!!!!!

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking

I'm Running An A/c In Every Room 3 In Total So Far Every Month 800 To 950 Pesos What's All The Fuzz Guys! Every Day I See People Talking Trash And Trash And Guess What None Of Them Live In The Island.

I Hope The Bill Be Much Lower This Month The Temperature Is Awsome Chilly At Night Warm In The Day Yeahhhhhhhhhhh Baby! Love It.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default is second that!!

Quote Originally Posted by newuser
    When responding about the cost of electricity it might be helpful if the KWH were mentioned. As an example:
    My bill was XXX.XX RD for XXX KWH

This would be helpful in determining if our bills are high compared to the rest of the board members.

It's just a thought.
    i can't seem to figure out what the cost of electricity is either. everyone is all over the place with prices. how much did you actually use and how much a Kwh?

it would be nice to divide total bill by usage to determine gross costs, after taxes, fees etc... for example, the advertised rate in Canada is .049/Kwh but is actually closer to .10/Kwh once taxes etc... are factored in.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Default I have my Oct-Nov. bill from"EDESUCK" in my hand!

fixed charge,rd .......................100.14
    energy charge:200kWhX2.87......574.00
    100kWhX3.62.....362.00
    267kWhX6.62....1,671.42

Total..2,707.56 divided by 28..=US$96.69

Big house,lots of TVs,fans,two "aircond."3 "fridges" lots of clothes washing,(Forget drying!)microwave,"Ironing",aand lets say the "juice" is only on 12 hours out ot 24.

Now here is the good part,I only have the electricity I use pass through the meter for about 7 days out of the month.I am "Off Meter"for about 23 days a month.That means that my "Real" bill would be around 12,000 pesos a month,or nearly $400 US.I spend about 5,000 pesos a month on Diesel fuel to run my "Planta"! Welcome to "Paradise"! Now you see why "Many" come,but "FEW" can afford to stay.Not counting those who "Go Native"! CCC

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Here's my bill

Some people are full of sh1t - Don't believe everything they tell you. I have a three bedroom house in Sosua (with pool) I now only run the pool pump two or three hours per day, PLUS as many people will verify the electricity is off-line and broken down here in the hills all the bloody time. Right now I've been running on generator for 12 - count 'em 12 days! So my bill should be at least the same as anyone elses but probably a lot less.

So here is a copy of my bill for October My Bill

I still have nightmares over the bill for September.

The rule is if you go over 700 kWh then you pay 7.9 pesos with no discount. If you look at the bill for the months leading to September, I was on a fixed rate scheme which has since been scrapped. - Most people fail to mention this!

As mentioned before I do have an A/C unit but it was only very recently fixed.

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

Two bedroom apartment. Two floors. No AC running. 100% legal connection.

October Bill:

Fixed charge: RD$100.14
    Energy: 193kWh x RD$2.87 = 553.91
    Finance charge: RD$4.25

Total: RD$658.30 / 28 = US$23.51

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast