English translation of this paragraph please!

mariel

Dominisueca
Apr 7, 2004
"Mariel trabaj? en esta empresa como Asistente en el Depto. de C?mputos. Durante su estad?a [en esta empresa], Mariel se desempe?? con excelencia y responsabilidad en cada una de las tareas que le fueron asignadas."

Oh, and how do i translate "Contralor General"?

sort of urgent - thanks in advance

Last edited:

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
This is a literal translation, to duplicate the gist as much as possible:

"Mariel worked in this company as an assistant in the IT/computing department. During her time at the company she carried out her work very well ('with excellence') and responsibly in every task that was assigned to her".

"Controlador General", which is what you probably meant to say, is likely to be "general controller" but it depends on the context.

mariel

Dominisueca
Apr 7, 2004
chiri: i actually have no idea of what "contralor" is, but that's the title of my ex-boss at an advertising firma. all i know is that he was in charge of the accounting department.

mkohn

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Usually the controller is the head of accounting. So General Controller sounds right. Head Controller and Chief Financial Officer are all variations, depending on the organization.
Sounds like you did a great job.
mkohn

xamaicano

Apr 16, 2004
Not very reliable if you want to translate something important. Babelfish says, "Mariel worked in this company like Assistant in the Depto. of Calculations. During his estad?a [ in this company ], Mariel evolved with excellence and responsibility in each one of the tasks that were to him asignadas." and freetranlation.com says, "Mariel worked in this business as the Assistant in the Depto. of Computations. During their stopover [in this business], Mariel was performed with excellence and responsibility in each one of the tasks that were assigned him"

Pukie said:
Hi,

You can translate Spanish to English (and other languages ) online at

http://babelfish.altavista.com/

You can enter a block of text, or a website address.

Luke.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
xamaicano said:
Not very reliable if you want to translate something important.

Also it is totally incompetent with the standard use of Spanish with the pronouns appended to the infinitive, e.g. quiero conocerte translates as I want conocerte. You have to manually break them up into conocer and te, and it is a pain in the heinie as a result to use. For general context it is not bad though.

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
LatinoRican said:
Do a dictionary search, people.
Ut huh!
Comptroller
Main Entry: comp?trol?ler
Pronunciation: k&n-'trO-l&r, 'k?m(p)-", k?m(p)-'
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English, alteration of conterroller controller
1 : a royal-household official who examines and supervises expenditures
2 : a public official who audits government accounts and sometimes certifies expenditures
3 : CONTROLLER 1c
- comp?trol?ler?ship /-"ship/ noun
Controller.
Main Entry: con?trol?ler
Pronunciation: k&n-'trO-l&r, 'k?n-"
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English contreroller, from Middle French contrerolleur, from contrerolle
1 a : COMPTROLLER 1 b : COMPTROLLER 2 c : the chief accounting officer of a business enterprise or an institution (as a college)
2 a : one that controls or has power or authority to control <air traffic controller> b : CONTROL 3b
- con?trol?ler?ship /-"ship/ noun