High tourist Season

worldtraveler

Nov 15, 2004
I am looking at making my second trip to DR around Thanksgiving week or the 1st week in Dec. and want to possibly miss out on the tourist traffic out of Europe , Canada etc.. Is it a good time or should I wait later?

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
American Thanksgiving is busy. Canada's is over. Pre-Christmas, say before the 15th of December isn't bad. If you avoid AI's then you should be able to find a decent deal and not that crowded.

Jimmydr

Bronze
Apr 17, 2003
www.insearchofchicas.org
ricktoronto said:
American Thanksgiving is busy. Canada's is over. Pre-Christmas, say before the 15th of December isn't bad. If you avoid AI's then you should be able to find a decent deal and not that crowded.

Around X Mas time Caberete Hotels raise their prices to the $100-$300 range.

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Worldtraveler, you are pre high season until about the 15th of December. Almost all the hotels are still offering good rates and flights are still fairly reasonable. In some cases there are great flight and package deals. I think the only issue around US thanksgiving is flights, there is lots of room down here.....

Where are you from and where do you want to visit here? Be more specific and we can offer more info....

worldtraveler

Nov 15, 2004
RE: High Season Travel

planner said:
Worldtraveler, you are pre high season until about the 15th of December. Almost all the hotels are still offering good rates and flights are still fairly reasonable. In some cases there are great flight and package deals. I think the only issue around US thanksgiving is flights, there is lots of room down here.....

Where are you from and where do you want to visit here? Be more specific and we can offer more info....

I hope to visit Boca Chica, Puerta Plata and Santo Domingo over about 7-8 days.

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
a lot of travel

That's a lot of travel in 7 or 8 days... Let me know what you are looking for in the Puerto Plata area and I'll help you out......

raphster

Nov 11, 2004
I'm traveling to DR the second week of Dec.
I found the first 2 weeks of Dec to be the low season for Americans to travel.
Don't know about the Europeans though.

If you look through some of the travel sites for hotels, you can see the rates
increase from the mid of dec onward, same for airfare traveling from the US.
Once again I don't know about the europeans.

I'm hoping it's the slow season for all countries traveling to DR, I like it when it's nice and quite. Although I hope it's not SO slow that the resort will close
the pool for renovations or some other crazy thing they might do during the
slow season.

Dec 9, 2002
worldtraveler said:
Iwant to possibly miss out on the tourist traffic out of Europe
I'm "tourist traffic out of Europe" [been called a lot of things in my time, but that is a first ;)], I'll be in DR at that time - I hope I miss you too.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Las Terrenas

LT which has a mostly European clientele appears to have a pretty full booking this year until April ( the apartment hotel I am in - with 33 units is already completely booked) so if you want to come here best book early. The Euro is strong against the dollar, as is every currency. Chiao. Elizabeth

raphster

Nov 11, 2004
are the first 2 weeks considered the slow season in the DR?
I know for the americans almost no one is traveling, since it's between 2 big holidays. But what about the europeans or canadians?

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
It is still pretty quiet until the 15th of dec. That means all the tourists. The ones here are usually looking for a quieter time or have got themselves a bargain.