Retreat center

stig

Oct 4, 2004
Hey everybody,

Thanx for a lot of info, which I have got from this forum, very satisfying to be a bit prepared for my first visit to dr in jan/feb. My friends and I will be staying in Sosua for a short time, and a couple of days in Santo Domingo and Santiago. We are representing an international, idealistic, voluntery, norwegian organization, planning to develope an international center a few miles south of Sosua. Rooms for 150-300 people, maybe also a farm. We?re in the very beginning. (2-3 years of ?homework? from now). Our contacts so far has been Century 21, Palm Hills and Luis Perdomo, and (we hope) we have bought some land.

We want to meet some architects. So far I have found: Lissa Feliz, hillbilly?s daughterinlaw, Paeblo at Perdomo?s, Gerardo de Lancer, Marcos Barinas, Ricardo Legorreta,. I?m not sure if all of them are suited for our purpose and wallet. J

The construction is going to be good and sound, not luxurious. The main building will be on/at the top of a hillside, nice view.

Constructors/contractors or whatevertheyare: Osvaldo De Pena, Miguel Bencosme in Moca, Mairen? Bournigal, Kuky Silverio Galan, Raphael Tatis - Pintumar in Puerto Plata, orchid bay - Donald Bergeron.

Maybe this is enough names to start with, and if they can?t help us I hope they can give us some ideas where to go.

MY QUESTION IS:
Do you think we should drop contacting some of these guys, because they are to small (or too big) for this task, or for any other reason, please tell me? And if you have other contacts you could help me with, I would be very happy.

Tons of cold regards from Norway - Stig

Missing letters - please help yourself ? abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz ,, ? I really wanted to make this short, but I failed, sorry.

Last edited:

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Just consult with those that know the area

I think that at this stage you would best consult with Manuel Duran and Maren? Bournigal. They have done this type of work, know the area, the suppliers and workers.

Then, down the line, you can see about sub-contracting, if you feel it to be appropriate.

Talk to People like Escott who knows about real estate, perhaps before you close the deal on the land.

Talk to people like BushBaby who know the people in the area and have more than a decade of experience there.

For God's sake, take it slow. Do your homework. Use common sense-which is not that common.

HB :D:D wishing you good luck

stig

Oct 4, 2004
Good day to you,

Very good, thanks a lot, HB. I will take good care of your wishes. Maybe I can tell you something about ?retreating? one day. :) I think I read a post from you about table tennis, maybe a match or two one day?

I will contact Mr Bournigal and Mr. Duran. As I already have mention we will do some homework the next 2-3 years, so I guess this is slowly. When I go into a project like this I would like to contact more then one architect, so if somebody could help me more about minimizing the amount of 400 architects I found in a DR phonebook, I will bring you a couple of buckets with snow from outside my window.

The deal on the land was closed before we discovered this forum, but we have used Luis Perdomo, so I hope we are good taken care of.

Common sense is very common in Norway. :) Stig

PS I just discovered Viseconsulado de Noruega - Maireni Natalio Bournigal Redondo, maybe thats the same person you are mentioning.