Dominicans and Puerto Ricans!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cardell

Nov 22, 2004
There is something wanted to know about DR/PR. I heard there is a mix to both: African/Spanish/Indian. If someone's mom is half spanish|black, and there dad is half black|indian. Does it mean they are dominican, or puerto rican?

Chris_NJ

Bronze
Dec 17, 2003
Which island are they from? If their parents/grandparents are from Puerto Rico I would call them Puerto Rican. If their parents/grandparents etc are from the Dominican Republic than I would call them Dominican.

bochinche

Bronze
Jun 19, 2003
Cardell said:
There is something wanted to know about DR/PR. I heard there is a mix to both: African/Spanish/Indian. If someone's mom is half spanish|black, and there dad is half black|indian. Does it mean they are dominican, or puerto rican?

....it could mean they are from anywhere in the world. although no guarantee, the best bet is to look at their passport.

why have you always wanted to know this? is this part of your school homework?

FuegoAzul21

Jun 28, 2004
Cardell said:

That is an incredibly silly question .However, i tend to feel that both groups are homogenous in their in their own ways (not racially,but culturally) , but you have to remember that the terms Dominican ,Puerto Rican , are nationalities not ethnicities (according to the books) , but in general they are accepted as ethnicities , which i kinda beleive to be true .so, my belief is similar to that of CHrisNjs .

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
It "MEANS",..absolutely "NADA"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Look, "CARDELL",you tried a similar post on 22 November,and it was closed.Now,this post is also going to be closed.If you post another Fake Post,trying to "bait" people into a discussion of "race/color" it will be closed.And you will get a "vacation" from DR1!Got That??? Moderator,CCCCC

Status
Not open for further replies.