My Thanksgiving in Sosua!!!

Jimmydr

Bronze
Apr 17, 2003
www.insearchofchicas.org
Its my third one here but the first that I hosted in my apartment. My girls cousin came over and prepared the Turkey that I purchaced from Playero. It was sort of pricy but well worth it. I invited about 10 friends over and it went very smooth. We had garlic mashed potatoes, rice with shrimp, garlic bread, brownies and alot of booze. It was a mish mash really.I was not sure if it would go over smooth but it was a success!

Figgy1020

Sep 30, 2004
I Was There Tooooo..

Hey Jimmydr...
I was in Sosua as well...my boyfriend lives in Sosua Abajo...
but for Thanksgiving we ventured over to Cafe Cito for dinner then to Crystals for some drinking and partying...
it was my first time ever away from New Jersey for Thanksgiving...it was a wonderful experience! I couldn't believe I was having dinner OUTDOORS on Thanksgiving...normally I'm wrapped in a long coat, hat, gloves, scarves, etc! it was a total treat NOT being in the cold or in New Jersey for that matter!

are you still in Sosua?? do u live there?

Jimmydr

Bronze
Apr 17, 2003
www.insearchofchicas.org
Figgy1020 said:
Hey Jimmydr...
I was in Sosua as well...my boyfriend lives in Sosua Abajo...
but for Thanksgiving we ventured over to Cafe Cito for dinner then to Crystals for some drinking and partying...
it was my first time ever away from New Jersey for Thanksgiving...it was a wonderful experience! I couldn't believe I was having dinner OUTDOORS on Thanksgiving...normally I'm wrapped in a long coat, hat, gloves, scarves, etc! it was a total treat NOT being in the cold or in New Jersey for that matter!

are you still in Sosua?? do u live there?

I am there 55-65 days a year.

Figgy1020

Sep 30, 2004
Lucky you...I'm dripping with jealousy!
I hate the cold and the winter is coming in!!! grrrrrrrr...

where are you the other 300 days of the year?

Figgy1020

Sep 30, 2004
well howdy neighbor...I live in Jersey City, New Jersey!
its nice to meet you...

were in Sosua do u live? Batey? Charamicos? Abajo???

Laurel1

Oct 24, 2004
Hey Figgy1020

My husband lives in Sosua-Abajo too...I was living there for 8 months and just came home Oct.16...We are starting his papers to come here...Who knows if we will stay here or move there later on...

He lives down street/enterance where the Las Palmas Ferrateria is...

Where abouts does your bf live...

Figgy1020

Sep 30, 2004
Hi Laurel...
Las Palmas Ferreteria is the entrace to the residential Sosua Abajo...by bf lives down that road as well...Calle #5...
I hate it down there...there is NEVER any electricity!
I just got back on 11/28 and I'll be back down on 1/7...
I've never lived down there but I've been there 5x....
I've started the papers on getting him here as well...just waiting on an interview date...

we can exchange pics if you'd like...

where u from?

Laurel1

Oct 24, 2004
Hey Figgy

Email me and I will send you my pic or better yet our wedding pics...My mother is going down on Sat but I could not get off of work...Now I have plans to go down with my Dad in Feb...I will try to go for Ricardo's birthday on Feb7...

Talk to ya soon!!

Laurel :)

Figgy1020 said:
Hi Laurel...
Las Palmas Ferreteria is the entrace to the residential Sosua Abajo...by bf lives down that road as well...Calle #5...
I hate it down there...there is NEVER any electricity!
I just got back on 11/28 and I'll be back down on 1/7...
I've never lived down there but I've been there 5x....
I've started the papers on getting him here as well...just waiting on an interview date...

we can exchange pics if you'd like...

where u from?