4 Dominicans truck drivers deported from Iraq for contraband

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
4 Dominicans from the 70 truck drivers working as truck drivers between Jordania and Iraq will be deported back to Dominican Republic for contraband.

These 3 truck drivers and a supervisor were caught illegally transporting diesel and gasoline in a reserve tank that these trucks have for the storage of water.

There is also a report on another Dominican truck driver that died by flipping his truck after falling asleep behind the wheel.

http://www.diariolibre.com/app/article.aspx?id=22790

I don?t blame them for contrabanding because if they were getting paid more than the miserable $1500 per month they are getting paid, I am very sure they would not be looking into contrabanding.

Guatiao

El Leon de los Cacicazgos
Mar 27, 2004
Corruption everywhere, damn even in the middle east, I tell you these low class Dominicans will do anything for money, where is the limit point?
Until bastards like this dont get there up coming the DR will never change. There making 1500 dollars not pesos, thats alot for Dominicans in DR, alot!!!

Peace,
Capo

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
capodominicano said:
Corruption everywhere, damn even in the middle east, I tell you these low class Dominicans will do anything for money, where is the limit point?
Until bastards like this dont get there up coming the DR will never change. There making 1500 dollars not pesos, thats alot for Dominicans in DR, alot!!!

Peace,
Capo

Yes, but they probably compared it to what their counterpart were making and probably realized that $1500 dollars was not enough money in comparison to $10,000+ that people from other countries are getting paid. And that they were been taken advantage of.

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
Mr_DR said:
Yes, but they probably compared it to what their counterpart were making and probably realized that $1500 dollars was not enough money in comparison to $10,000+ that people from other countries are getting paid. And that they were been taken advantage of.

People from other countries working alongside these guys are getting paid 7 times as much? Really?? And how did you obtain this information? Your knee jerk response is to make counter accusations and throw out figures that you pull out of your *** to support them. This is a very bad trend I notice amongst many Dominicans----to refuse to accept responsibility and blame others for the actions of Dominicans instead.

The bottom line is these guys took a chance and they got caught. Now they suffer the penalty. Nothing more, nothing less. Makes no difference that they are Dominican. I am sure there are plenty of people from other countries doing the same or worse. I don't see the need to attempt to support these guys actions by blaming someone else. Men from all cultures take chances, break rules, and sometimes get caught.

Larry

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
It does not matter if other guys were getting paid much more. They accepted a job at the rate that was offered to them.

You have those that will make 1500 while others will make much more. That is not an excuse to steal. Imagine working where the guy next to you gets paid more and does the same exact thing you do. So what? You start doing things that will cause you your job because of that?

I feel no pity for these guys. I see this as just one more reason why our people are frowned upon by so many.

xamaicano

Apr 16, 2004
The one guy from Alabama that got kidnapped and then escape was making only making $80,000 a year. Which is almost like a Dominican doing it fo $1500 a month. Not worth the risk.

Larry said:
People from other countries working alongside these guys are getting paid 7 times as much? Really?? And how did you obtain this information? Your knee jerk response is to make counter accusations and throw out figures that you pull out of your *** to support them. This is a very bad trend I notice amongst many Dominicans----to refuse to accept responsibility and blame others for the actions of Dominicans instead.

The bottom line is these guys took a chance and they got caught. Now they suffer the penalty. Nothing more, nothing less. Makes no difference that they are Dominican. I am sure there are plenty of people from other countries doing the same or worse. I don't see the need to attempt to support these guys actions by blaming someone else. Men from all cultures take chances, break rules, and sometimes get caught.

Larry

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
xamaicano said:
The one guy from Alabama that got kidnapped and then escape was making only making $80,000 a year. Which is almost like a Dominican doing it fo $1500 a month. Not worth the risk.

Why pay some guy from Alabama over 4 times as much as a Dominican? I am sure you can get more than enough people from around the globe to do it for $1,500 per month so why would they pay the guy from Alabama four times more than they had to? Obviously, they were not doing the same job.

Larry

xamaicano

Apr 16, 2004
Maybe one company chose to outsource. The point I was trying to make was Dominican are not the only ones making poor risk assessments. Compared to what the average Dominican makes $1500 a month is a lot. Compared to what the average American makes $80,0000 a year for danger duty is even worst.

Larry said:
Why pay some guy from Alabama over 4 times as much as a Dominican? I am sure you can get more than enough people from around the globe to do it for $1,500 per month so why would they pay the guy from Alabama four times more than they had to? Obviously, they were not doing the same job.

Larry

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
Larry said:

Larry

I know that these is true because I am in the military and why do you think that so many people are getting out of the military to go and work with these contractors in Iraq ? I can show you a pay list where a simple job as a dishwasher or working as construction clean up the pay is over $70,000 dollars per year.

So don't tell me I don?t know the fact.
My next door neighbor was a simple CNA (combat medic with the army and once his term was up he did not stay, instead he landed a job with one these companies and now he is making over $140,000 dollars there.

These companies are also hiring at over $80,000 per year just as a laborer helping lay down cables and you don't even need experience.

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
Larry said:

Larry

I thought you were smart and respected you until you opened your mouth and calling people name when you are really the one that don't know any of the facts.
Go and do your homework and then come and talk to me because you are wasting my time and the time of others.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
I am in middle east right now and believe me, not everyone is making 70k to 140k for washing dishes. There are guys from bungladesh and people from african countries, even palestinians who are making the same or less as the dominicans. The guys who are making tons of money are lableled contractors and believe me, they are not washing dishes along side a bungladeshi. There are security personnels who are ex-comandos or elite forces from various countries who perform high risk jobs yet they are also labaled as "contractors". There are many intelligence folks working there too who show different job titles as front. There is alot going on there then we know in USA. The point being, besides dominicans, there are plenty of other nationalities who are making the same money and performing high rish operations, but the difference is, these guys are only labors without brains. They are not even 5th grade graduate from their countries. These guys are complete brutes who were either jobless in their own countries or were making 100 dollars or less / month.
AZB

El Americano

*** Sin Bin ***
Dec 10, 2004
Carlos is not a man a man? If born healthy don't we all come with the same equipment? If that is so then why is an American life at risk compensated at a much higher rate than a DR, Mexican, Honduran, or any number of lives represented in the war? If a DR man dies is the impact any less to his widow and children than if a US man dies? Carlos do you think a US female truck driver is worth more compensation than a DR male? The more I open my eyes to the world the more I understand that being brown and being born in the U.S. is almost like hitting the lottery. My flag means that i will be given priorty in any number of situations, it means deference out of fear, it means respect even if it is given grudingly, so to me it is a untold blessing to be brown-skinned and a U.S. citizen. But these poor DR guys were trying to get a few dollars more for the risks they were bearing, maybe even the same money some US woman makes without being made to steal. I don't blame them because once dead......always dead, give your countrymen a break.

carlos said:
It does not matter if other guys were getting paid much more. They accepted a job at the rate that was offered to them.

You have those that will make 1500 while others will make much more. That is not an excuse to steal. Imagine working where the guy next to you gets paid more and does the same exact thing you do. So what? You start doing things that will cause you your job because of that?

I feel no pity for these guys. I see this as just one more reason why our people are frowned upon by so many.

Guatiao

Mar 27, 2004
I do not mean to offend you, but this post is a bunch of crap. These men except a contract for so&so amount of Dollars, they knew the risks involved, they had no right to steal or transport illegal shipments into Iraq. The man that died is sad for about a min, if he fell asleep at the wheel it is his fault, I have compansion for human life but it was not like he was killed in an ambush by Iraqians, he fell asleep.

El Americano said:
The more I open my eyes to the world the more I understand that being brown and being born in the U.S. is almost like hitting the lottery. My flag means that i will be given priorty in any number of situations, it means deference out of fear, it means respect even if it is given grudingly, so to me it is a untold blessing to be brown-skinned and a U.S. citizen.
Who said anything about color!!! Stop playing the race/color card or American card.

El Americano said:
But these poor DR guys were trying to get a few dollars more for the risks they were bearing, maybe even the same money some US woman makes without being made to steal. I don't blame them because once dead......always dead, give your countrymen a break.
Lets see in your opinion then it is okay to sell drugs, steal, corruption, etc. if your poor & have a lousy job? Is that what Im reading? Once their dead it is all forgiven, that's good news to all the drug dealers "hey your all forgiven once you die", are you serious?

Peace,
Capo

El Americano said:
Carlos is not a man a man? If born healthy don't we all come with the same equipment? If that is so then why is an American life at risk compensated at a much higher rate than a DR, Mexican, Honduran, or any number of lives represented in the war? If a DR man dies is the impact any less to his widow and children than if a US man dies? Carlos do you think a US female truck driver is worth more compensation than a DR male? The more I open my eyes to the world the more I understand that being brown and being born in the U.S. is almost like hitting the lottery. My flag means that i will be given priorty in any number of situations, it means deference out of fear, it means respect even if it is given grudingly, so to me it is a untold blessing to be brown-skinned and a U.S. citizen. But these poor DR guys were trying to get a few dollars more for the risks they were bearing, maybe even the same money some US woman makes without being made to steal. I don't blame them because once dead......always dead, give your countrymen a break.

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
AZB said:
I am in middle east right now and believe me, not everyone is making 70k to 140k for washing dishes. There are guys from bungladesh and people from african countries, even palestinians who are making the same or less as the dominicans. The guys who are making tons of money are lableled contractors and believe me, they are not washing dishes along side a bungladeshi. There are security personnels who are ex-comandos or elite forces from various countries who perform high risk jobs yet they are also labaled as "contractors". There are many intelligence folks working there too who show different job titles as front. There is alot going on there then we know in USA. The point being, besides dominicans, there are plenty of other nationalities who are making the same money and performing high rish operations, but the difference is, these guys are only labors without brains. They are not even 5th grade graduate from their countries. These guys are complete brutes who were either jobless in their own countries or were making 100 dollars or less / month.
AZB

AZB,
You probably did not check the companies like Brown and Roots/ Black Water/Gunthrup and many others...I have seen the pay lists of this jobs and believe me, many of these jobs were just laying wires in places such as Hussein's castles meaning that they were not dangerous outside jobs...I can post you guys the list if you want. I think that the people that you are referring to are people that are working for sub contracted companies that are farther away from dealing in occupied US posts since you would be required to have sensitive clearance for you to get hired by these American companies.

pasha

Sep 4, 2003
Market forces....

Larry said:
Why pay some guy from Alabama over 4 times as much as a Dominican? I am sure you can get more than enough people from around the globe to do it for $1,500 per month so why would they pay the guy from Alabama four times more than they had to? Obviously, they were not doing the same job. Larry

market forces.

For all you hand wringers, the real question is who is their sponsor in Jordan and what living conditions does he provide?

Best, P

El Americano

*** Sin Bin ***
Dec 10, 2004
Don't Check Me....Check Ya Self

Aiiight CapoDom,

No offense taken, please, I am a degreed professional with more than a singular interest in my own situation or my own ethnicity. The fact that the mere mention of race seems to spark an unwarranted accusation of playing the race/nationality card is just the type of response I was trying to provoke.

The comparison I was making goes only as far as your mind is allowed understand. If you are predisposed to believe that "everyone begins with the same chances to seize opportunity" and "if you fail it is your own fault", I would say you are limited in your understanding of social dynamics.

On the other hand, if you believe that everyone White or nearly White is joined in a conspiricy against you because you are not, you will be limited in your ability to rise above your current status due to jealousy and/or hate.

CapDom I raised the fact that a life is a life and to place different dollar/peso values on lives just because they were born on different soil means that if you (CapDom) are not American (But I am), I am worth more than you. Now CapDom is that even remotley true?

Perhaps it is just me but I have to ask you a question, what caused you to raise the issues of drug dealing, stealing and corruption? Especially considering the manner in which the question was initially raised? We were discussing how people given the same job are paid different rates, not the merits of social injustice vs. social anarchy, which is what you get if you get an excuse to steal because of being born poor.

CapDom if every life were to be accounted for on the same scale that U.S. lives are accounted for, we might not even be at war, it might be just a little too expensive.....and I am serious. The issue of labor cost vs. potential profits is a question that doesn't disappear during war, in fact to disguise it under a "pending crisis" is just the strategy to use if you do not want the people who must fight, die, and surivive in the war theater to know what the ultimate goal is.

I just think beating up on a couple of DR guys trying to get paid like the Americano/Brits/Irish and other Anglo contractors misses the entire point. Want to be mad at people who steal, then be mad at the people who short DR contractors unless you really believe an American driving a truck is worth more than a DR driving a truck. Capo when will you open your eyes to the facts? The American income is why we live so well but it is also why we lose so many jobs, so many people are willing to accept less than an American. And to make that palatable they may even say, Americans are greedy, or Americans are lazy, but the truth is we place value on life and rights, not just for the rich but even for the lowest street-walker. So until the rest of the world catches up DR, Mexicans, Hondurans, ect ect will bust their backs and people like me (Americans/Brits/Austrailians) will collect the profits. Are you so mad at me for pointing that out?

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
Why be sorry for those "comemierdas"

I don't think you people know that the drivers that went to Jordan were recommended by the so-called drivers unions(Fenatrano)in DR who are not unions at all, but businessmen in rags. Dominicans drivers are used to smuggling and selling illegal stuff, stealing cars and anything they can find. They are the scum of the earth. I was surprised anybody would pay these scoundrels $1500 dollars a month. They would not qualify for $100 pesos a day in DR. What's the risk factor. These drivers live in places like Capotillo, Los Tres Brazos, Maquiteria, Los Alcarrizos, where is just as dangerous as Bagdad. They should not have been deported back. I would have preferred a jail in Fallujah for them. I hope none of them come back to crowd or street and highways with their miserable driving habits.
TW

pasha

Sep 4, 2003
Face it....

Mr_DR said:
AZB,
You probably did not check the companies like Brown and Roots/ Black Water/Gunthrup and many others...I have seen the pay lists of this jobs and believe me, many of these jobs were just laying wires in places such as Hussein's castles meaning that they were not dangerous outside jobs...I can post you guys the list if you want. I think that the people that you are referring to are people that are working for sub contracted companies that are farther away from dealing in occupied US posts since you would be required to have sensitive clearance for you to get hired by these American companies.

you're barking up the wrong tree. AZB/Golo and a few others are spot on with their comments.

I'm dead certain that if those brain surgeons had signed up with KBR, which is the outfit that has largest driver contract, their salaries might have been marginally better, but not by much.

And, ohbytheway, when it comes to technicians like electricians, plumbers, etc, no one can beat Filipinos. No one. An absolutely first rate auto mechanic can be had in Dubai for work in Iraq, for $1000 a month. Got any super mechanics in DR?

Hope you don't compare apples and oranges so dilligently in real life...which seems to be what you're doing in this instance.

Best, P

PS - since I stuck my oar in the water think this thread will be shut soon by Robert

Guatiao

Mar 27, 2004
El Americano said:
Aiiight CapoDom,
No offense taken, please, I am a degreed professional with more than a singular interest in my own situation or my own ethnicity. The fact that the mere mention of race seems to spark an unwarranted accusation of playing the race/nationality card is just the type of response I was trying to provoke.
Unwarranted? Whatever you say. "Unwarranted"

El Americano said:
The comparison I was making goes only as far as your mind is allowed understand. If you are predisposed to believe that "everyone begins with the same chances to seize opportunity" and "if you fail it is your own fault", I would say you are limited in your understanding of social dynamics.
Everybody is born different but it is your own fault if you don't "make it". Poor will be poor if that person doesn't have the drive to either work hard or educate themselves. You have to understand many of todays sucessful people or there grandparents were once poor or in lower middle class, best examples Aristotle Onassis, Conrad Hilton, Mark Cuban, etc.

El Americano said:
On the other hand, if you believe that everyone White or nearly White is joined in a conspiricy against you because you are not, you will be limited in your ability to rise above your current status due to jealousy and/or hate.
I don't really know why you post this but, tell that to Black American Communities in the ghetto, not me.

El Americano said:
CapDom I raised the fact that a life is a life and to place different dollar/peso values on lives just because they were born on different soil means that if you (CapDom) are not American (But I am), I am worth more than you. Now CapDom is that even remotley true?
I think I'm worth more, last time I check wasn't the Dominican Republic the original America?

El Americano said:
Perhaps it is just me but I have to ask you a question, what caused you to raise the issues of drug dealing, stealing and corruption? Especially considering the manner in which the question was initially raised? We were discussing how people given the same job are paid different rates, not the merits of social injustice vs. social anarchy, which is what you get if you get an excuse to steal because of being born poor.
The initial queston was of the crime they have commited, in your post you seem to defend them for accepting a low-paying job & smuggling illegal items into Iraq. So I ask you do you feel a poor person has the right to do anything illegal just because they're poor & trying to live better?

El Americano said:
CapDom if every life were to be accounted for on the same scale that U.S. lives are accounted for, we might not even be at war, it might be just a little too expensive.....and I am serious. The issue of labor cost vs. potential profits is a question that doesn't disappear during war, in fact to disguise it under a "pending crisis" is just the strategy to use if you do not want the people who must fight, die, and surivive in the war theater to know what the ultimate goal is.
American lives are worth, yea only to Americans, the rest of the world hates the US. How much is an American worth in todays market?

El Americano said:
I just think beating up on a couple of DR guys trying to get paid like the Americano/Brits/Irish and other Anglo contractors misses the entire point. Want to be mad at people who steal, then be mad at the people who short DR contractors unless you really believe an American driving a truck is worth more than a DR driving a truck. Capo when will you open your eyes to the facts? The American income is why we live so well but it is also why we lose so many jobs, so many people are willing to accept less than an American. And to make that palatable they may even say, Americans are greedy, or Americans are lazy, but the truth is we place value on life and rights, not just for the rich but even for the lowest street-walker. So until the rest of the world catches up DR, Mexicans, Hondurans, ect ect will bust their backs and people like me (Americans/Brits/Austrailians) will collect the profits. Are you so mad at me for pointing that out?
I am steaming mad :rolleyes: , pointing what out? Your defending the poor Dominican thieves in Iraq. American income isn't that great, unless your living in DR :D & yes American truck drivers are worth more than Dominican truck drivers because Americans actually know how to read road signs :) .

I just won't get off topic & argue on a senseless topic, the bottomline these guys are to blame for their actions, their scumbags. I agree with Golo & AZB, also with Pasha I think its time to retire this thread.

It's Over,
Capo