Bachata= Bolero Antillano

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marianopolita

Former Spanish forum Mod 2010-2021
Dec 26, 2003
I decided to post this brief historical summary about bachata because I recently read a comment (and several by a poster) about bachata and exclusively referring to it as "chopo" music. Although this may be true all music has a history and in my esteem the history of bachata is very interesting. I think it is important especially for those who are just discovering this genre to understand and not solely be influenced by its stigmas (that is if you do enjoy bachata). I am currently re-reading Deborah Pacini Hernandez' Bachata: A Social History of a Dominican Popular Music. If I missed any detail that is important rest assured I will do a follow up post.

============

Aqu? tienen un breve resumen de su historia:

Bachata or m?sica de amargue in simple terms is a tropical rhythm (some say bolero based) unique to the Dominican Republic whose principal instrument is the requinto guitar. From a historical and social perspective this music was scorned by the upper and middle classes and typically associated with the lower class and others categorized in that social category. Although bachata recently gained popularity inside and outside of the Dominican Republic, the rhythm dates back to era of the Trujillo and was suppressed due to its associations. By associations I mean its lyrics, "who" typically listened to bachata and “where”. The lyrics were offensive against women, celebrated sexual encounters, described typically el sentimiento de un macho and was mostly heard in bars and colmados in Sto. Domingo. Bachata remained low key, exclusive and associated with one class until Juan Luis Guerra y su banda 4.40 produced what is described as bachata fina. Bachata with refined lyrics and rhythms, which was better accepted by the masses thus allowing for some diffusion in the Dominican Republic.

On an international level I would say the presence and popularity of bachata began to spread in the mid 90's and reached its peak in popularity in 2001/2002. Some claim that bachata groups like Aventura fuelled the spread with their hybrid form of bachata thus reaching out to younger and international audiences. Others may say it's attributed to the talent of great local artists like Frank Reyes, Joe Veras, and Zacarias Ferreira and other modern day performers. I purposely define them as modern day artists because in my opinion the true credit goes to those who kept the genre alive in the DR in the face of heavy discrimination, which undoubtedly paved the way for contemporary artists to produce bachata and to take the stage now. Having said this I classify some of the pillars of this music to be: Luis Segura ("el rey del bolero antillano"), Antony Santos (the one and only "Mayimbe"), Raulin Rodr?guez (a true "Cacique del amargue") and Luis Vargas, "el soberano" (although he is not one of my favorites). Also these artists are classified in street terms as los matatanes de la bachata. In my opinion bachata is like any other music when comes to preferences. Social stigma aside whether you like or not it is strictly due to tastes. All bachata music is not the same. It comes in many forms/styles i.e. “bachata fina”, “bachata del pueblo”, “bachata rom?ntica” and yes even “bachata Spanglish”.

Surely in the DR the class stigma associated with bachata is still prevalent but I do have an opinion that some of you may understand regarding the stigma. I truly believe that all music has a “sub-culture” that is associated with it. In the case of bachata the perception is: beber una cerveza y jugar al domin? en un colmado pero no se aplica a todos nosotros. Unfortunately, that image is promoted, seen frequently and therefore engrained in many people’s mind when they think of bachata music but there are many of us who like bachata for the simple appreciation of the rhythm and in many cases its heart wrenching lyrics. It’s ironic however; now that bachata has reached its highest level of popularity ever merengue has slowly been sold to the Puerto Ricans (a good theme for another thread). If bachata is what will keep the DR rhythms alive and on the map at the present time then so be it.

Believe it or not but…la bachata se ha renovado y lo bueno es que es un ritmo netamente dominicano.

-Lesley D

Sobre gustos y colores no hay nada escrito.

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2004
Thank you veyr much for the info. I think it was intresting and informative.
I didn't relize bachata was so specific to the DR.
All I know about it really is that I love it, and it was the first type of dance i learned when I was down there.
Just wanted to mention at my officec xmas party they played Obession by Aventura!!! I was very happy to hear it. first time I have heard Aventura in Canada besides out of my own CD player :)

Barnabe

Dec 20, 2002
I quite don't understand why bachata is considered as offensive against women.

At least I never heard a Dominican woman complain about that.

A bit funny, especially when you listen to regeton.

Barnab?

Marianopolita

Dec 26, 2003
Barnabe,

May be the word offensive is too strong but listen well to the lyrics of many bachatas...they usually have sexual connotations and innuendoes. I agree with you regarding "reggaeton" it is worse and it is a genre I definitely do NOT like and hopefully people are not comparing it to bachata. The two genres have nothing to do with each other. Especially their origin.

-Lesley D

Barnabe said:
I quite don't understand why bachata is considered as offensive against women.

At least I never heard a Dominican woman complain about that.

A bit funny, especially when you listen to regeton.

Barnab?

Barnabe

Dec 20, 2002
Lesley D said:
Barnabe,

May be the word offensive is too strong but listen well to the lyrics of many bachatas...they usually have sexual connotations and innuendoes

-Lesley D

They do have, yes, so what? Most of the classical bachatas I have heard-Ramon Cordero, Luis Segura, Rafael Incarnacion, Jose Luis Calderon although you might object it is not bachata, etc...- say: Porque no me amas? or: Porque me dejaste or me enga?aste? or Porque el viejo tuyo me niega tu amor? with variations around this themes.

For a Dominican the notion of sexual harassment or offense is -fortunately I would say- quite different from the North American.

Barnab?

Marianopolita

Dec 26, 2003
Barnabe,

I am PRO bachata so you don't need to justify anything about it. I could not care less what others think. I wrote the original summary from a historical to modern day point of view to balance out the "chopo" comments and to give others an understanding of the genre.

I did not understand your statement:

"Most of the classical bachatas I have heard-Ramon Cordero, Luis Segura, Rafael Incarnacion, Jose Luis Calderon although you might object it is not bachata, etc".

The music by those artists is definitely bachata and yes with lyrics that may be considered "offensive" to some even in the DR (refer back to the class associations).

Please explain that part of your post.

No entiendo lo que est?s tratando de decirme.

-Lesley D

Barnabe said:
They do have, yes, so what? Most of the classical bachatas I have heard-Ramon Cordero, Luis Segura, Rafael Incarnacion, Jose Luis Calderon although you might object it is not bachata, etc...- say: Porque no me amas? or: Porque me dejaste or me enga?aste? or Porque el viejo tuyo me niega tu amor? with variations around this themes.

For a Dominican the notion of sexual harassment or offense is -fortunately I would say- quite different from the North American.

Barnab?

Last edited:

Barnabe

Dec 20, 2002
Lesley,

My apologize if you felt uncomfortable with my post.

About my poorly stated point, let me please first tell you that english is a foreign language to me, I hope you as a linguistics expert will forgive that ;)

What I was trying to say was: bachata songs may have serious allusions to sex. But from my personal experience (and only that) this is not considered as an offense by many Dominican women.

Now you may have a personal experience or point of view. There is no offense intended by me in the debate.

Barnab?

PS: About Jose Luis Calderon I feel, like others, that it doesn't sound exactly like bachata. He is 'top of the pops' imo anyway.

guaroa

*** Sin Bin ***
Dec 13, 2004
Lesley D said:
I decided to post this brief historical summary about bachata because I recently read a comment (and several by a poster) about bachata and exclusively referring to it as "chopo" music. Although this may be true all music has a history and in my esteem the history of bachata is very interesting. I think it is important especially for those who are just discovering this genre to understand and not solely be influenced by its stigmas (that is if you do enjoy bachata). I am currently re-reading Deborah Pacini Hernandez' Bachata: A Social History of a Dominican Popular Music. If I missed any detail that is important rest assured I will do a follow up post.

============

Aqu? tienen un breve resumen de su historia:

Bachata or m?sica de amargue in simple terms is a tropical rhythm (some say bolero based) unique to the Dominican Republic whose principal instrument is the requinto guitar. From a historical and social perspective this music was scorned by the upper and middle classes and typically associated with the lower class and others categorized in that social category. Although bachata recently gained popularity inside and outside of the Dominican Republic, the rhythm dates back to era of the Trujillo and was suppressed due to its associations. By associations I mean its lyrics, "who" typically listened to bachata and ?where?. The lyrics were offensive against women, celebrated sexual encounters, described typically el sentimiento de un macho and was mostly heard in bars and colmados in Sto. Domingo. Bachata remained low key, exclusive and associated with one class until Juan Luis Guerra y su banda 4.40 produced what is described as bachata fina. Bachata with refined lyrics and rhythms, which was better accepted by the masses thus allowing for some diffusion in the Dominican Republic.

On an international level I would say the presence and popularity of bachata began to spread in the mid 90's and reached its peak in popularity in 2001/2002. Some claim that bachata groups like Aventura fuelled the spread with their hybrid form of bachata thus reaching out to younger and international audiences. Others may say it's attributed to the talent of great local artists like Frank Reyes, Joe Veras, and Zacarias Ferreira and other modern day performers. I purposely define them as modern day artists because in my opinion the true credit goes to those who kept the genre alive in the DR in the face of heavy discrimination, which undoubtedly paved the way for contemporary artists to produce bachata and to take the stage now. Having said this I classify some of the pillars of this music to be: Luis Segura ("el rey del bolero antillano"), Antony Santos (the one and only "Mayimbe"), Raulin Rodr?guez (a true "Cacique del amargue") and Luis Vargas, "el soberano" (although he is not one of my favorites). Also these artists are classified in street terms as los matatanes de la bachata. In my opinion bachata is like any other music when comes to preferences. Social stigma aside whether you like or not it is strictly due to tastes. All bachata music is not the same. It comes in many forms/styles i.e. ?bachata fina?, ?bachata del pueblo?, ?bachata rom?ntica? and yes even ?bachata Spanglish?.

Surely in the DR the class stigma associated with bachata is still prevalent but I do have an opinion that some of you may understand regarding the stigma. I truly believe that all music has a ?sub-culture? that is associated with it. In the case of bachata the perception is: beber una cerveza y jugar al domin? en un colmado pero no se aplica a todos nosotros. Unfortunately, that image is promoted, seen frequently and therefore engrained in many people?s mind when they think of bachata music but there are many of us who like bachata for the simple appreciation of the rhythm and in many cases its heart wrenching lyrics. It?s ironic however; now that bachata has reached its highest level of popularity ever merengue has slowly been sold to the Puerto Ricans (a good theme for another thread). If bachata is what will keep the DR rhythms alive and on the map at the present time then so be it.

Believe it or not but?la bachata se ha renovado y lo bueno es que es un ritmo netamente dominicano.

-Lesley D

Sobre gustos y colores no hay nada escrito.

I totally agree with you bachata is from bolero yes, when the bachata begin was pure bolero which was taken from mexican bolero and ranchera. thats why mexican love bachata and support. then change to music of chopo or naco. followed by change of mixed ballenato and bolero. now bachata found its rythem basically bolero using guitar always and a little of ballenato.

something intresting about the word bachata all of this words begin with B " bolero, ballenato, and bachata and basically bachata has both syllabal and consonent as mix or put together bolero and ballenato. la bachata, el mariachi and some type of ballenato has something in common que es musica triste y de ronpe corazones. and to the bolero is the rythem and la guitarra but in bachata is more strong the guitar.

desagree origin of bolero. the bolero was born in mexico " pure mexican" . some people say that cuban contribute to something in bolero as all latin america.

the same thing with salsa , it is from cuban but colombian, puerto rican contribute to it. especially the one that migrated to new york. then it was taken to puerto rico from new york. that is why it is called international music for latin america in new york.

Marianopolita

Dec 26, 2003
Guaroa,

Please note the fact bachata came from "bolero" is not my personal opinion. I actually read that in the book I mentioned above. As well "vallenato" is the correct spelling and not "ballenato" although it's pronounced that way by some.

-Lesley D

guaroa said:
I totally agree with you bachata is from bolero yes, when the bachata begin was pure bolero which was taken from mexican bolero and ranchera. thats why mexican love bachata and support. then change to music of chopo or naco. followed by change of mixed ballenato and bolero. now bachata found its rythem basically bolero using guitar always and a little of ballenato.

something intresting about the word bachata all of this words begin with B " bolero, ballenato, and bachata and basically bachata has both syllabal and consonent as mix or put together bolero and ballenato. la bachata, el mariachi and some type of ballenato has something in common que es musica triste y de ronpe corazones. and to the bolero is the rythem and la guitarra but in bachata is more strong the guitar.

desagree origin of bolero. the bolero was born in mexico " pure mexican" . some people say that cuban contribute to something in bolero as all latin america.

the same thing with salsa , it is from cuban but colombian, puerto rican contribute to it. especially the one that migrated to new york. then it was taken to puerto rico from new york. that is why it is called international music for latin america in new york.

guaroa

*** Sin Bin ***
Dec 13, 2004
Lesley D said:
Guaroa,

Please note the fact bachata came from "bolero" is not my personal opinion. I actually read that in the book I mentioned above. As well "vallenato" is the correct spelling and not "ballenato" although it's pronounced that way by some.

-Lesley D

that is why it is better to do more search " book" rather than website and listen some wise old people.

yes, you are right, the vallenato begin with V but people pronounce as B

yes, I agree that bachata is bolero from the one that write it.

juancarlos

Bronze
Sep 28, 2003
Oh,not again! Please people, once and for all: The Bolero was born in Cuba, in Santiago de Cuba, to be more precise. The first bolero was called Tristezas and dates back to the 1870's. The bolero went to Mexico and there it became very popular. Many bolero composers have been Mexican, but the bolero is Cuban. The same applies to the danzon, it was born in Cuba, it was popular in Cuba for many decades, almost became the national music. Today, however, it is seldom heard, danced or composed in Cuba anymore, but it is still alive and well in Mexico, in cities such as Veracruz, even Oaxaca and Mexico City they still dance it. Only three countries in Latin America have been truly prolific in music genres to the world: Cuba, Brazil and Mexico. These are the big three.

Marianopolita

Dec 26, 2003
Juancarlos,

All due respect. In my original post I said bachata is bolero based. I did not say "bolero" comes from the DR.

juancarlos said:
Oh,not again! Please people, once and for all: The Bolero was born in Cuba, in Santiago de Cuba, to be more precise. The first bolero was called Tristezas and dates back to the 1870's. The bolero went to Mexico and there it became very popular. Many bolero composers have been Mexican, but the bolero is Cuban. The same applies to the danzon, it was born in Cuba, it was popular in Cuba for many decades, almost became the national music. Today, however, it is seldom heard, danced or composed in Cuba anymore, but it is still alive and well in Mexico, in cities such as Veracruz, even Oaxaca and Mexico City they still dance it. Only three countries in Latin America have been truly prolific in music genres to the world: Cuba, Brazil and Mexico. These are the big three.

juancarlos

Bronze
Sep 28, 2003
Lesley D said:
Juancarlos,

All due respect. In my original post I said bachata is bolero based. I did not say "bolero" comes from the DR.

No, Lesley, I was not referring to you, I was referring to the person who stated that the bolero was Mexican. I understood what you said and you may be right. I am not familiar with the bachata. I guess I should have quoted the paragraph I am talking about in order to avoid confusion. I was just too hungry and it was my lunch time at work and had to leave.

guaroa

*** Sin Bin ***
Dec 13, 2004
juancarlos said:

how so sure you are juancarlos, you are wrong, dont look at web information. most of the reporters that know music are not even sure abaut the origin of bolero if from mexico or cuba. but most of the them believe that it was born in mexico for the type of music. also they believe that cuba might contribute in something in bolero. back again there is not prove of origin of bolero but the closer one is mexico. something for homework, read book from expert in music " no website maniac info" and also ask an experts from the radio.

salsa origin born in cuba but latinos in new york make as salsa like colombian, puerto rican and others.

merengue = believe to come from cuba from a similar music to puerto rico, and other latin country. then come to santo domingo make what is today merengue. so the one that contributhe to merengue was the DR such as the salsa the puerto rican.

note, it is more certain the origin of merengue than bolero origin. so dont put your hand into fire " origin of bolero " nobody knows the answer but mexico is the closer one.

juancarlos

Bronze
Sep 28, 2003
I knew the bolero was born in Cuba long before people had home computers, long before there was website info. The bolero, danzon, son, rumba, mambo, cha cha cha, were and are Cuban products. Just like the Punto and the Guajira and de Decimas are Cuban too. And this type of music is not even known outside Cuba because it is not percussion, but rather the plaintiff, sometimes melancholic, country music of Spanish origin. So Cuba has given birth to all kinds fo rythms. You are right about salsa. Actually this is a NY given name to the traditional Cuban guaracha. In Cuba it was never called salsa. Cuba has also produced a lot or romantic guitar based music, not just percussion type.

guaroa

*** Sin Bin ***
Dec 13, 2004
to juancarlos

juancarlos said:
I knew the bolero was born in Cuba long before people had home computers, long before there was website info. The bolero, danzon, son, rumba, mambo, cha cha cha, were and are Cuban products. Just like the Punto and the Guajira and de Decimas are Cuban too. And this type of music is not even known outside Cuba because it is not percussion, but rather the plaintiff, sometimes melancholic, country music of Spanish origin. So Cuba has given birth to all kinds fo rythms. You are right about salsa. Actually this is a NY given name to the traditional Cuban guaracha. In Cuba it was never called salsa. Cuba has also produced a lot or romantic guitar based music, not just percussion type.

guao, you should go to the historian to supply your infomation since they havent found the answer. but remember, you must support your details with background and history. what I know there are no record or famous cuban as bolero singer compare to mexico. can you mention the older cuban bolero as old as mexican bolero. I havent hear the older cuban bolerista as other latin countries do especially mexico. so how your back up your info about bolero history.

tell me whose music is closer to bolero. you can check that mexican music is more similar to bolero than cuban does. even ranchera " mariachi " has a lot to do with bolero.

yes, this is the one that you should talk about, the merengue is believe to be cuba and there is prove history writen on paper but bolero I dont think so.

juancarlos

Bronze
Sep 28, 2003
Again, the bolero, as it is known in Cuba and Latin America today, was born in Santiago de Cuba in the latter years of the XIX Century. Pepe Sanchez composed the first of these and its name was Tristezas. The bolero became very popular in Cuba and then in Mexico, Puerto Rico and the rest of Latin countries. In Mexico Agustin Lara and Tona la Negra, among others, popularized it even more. Guty Cardenas also. In Cuba there were many bolero singers like Olga Guillot, Blanca Rosa Gil, Celio Gonzalez, Vicentico Valdes, Maria Teresa Vera, Bienvenido Granda etc, etc. most of them dead now. The bolero has nothing to do with the Mariachi, except that in Mexico and influenced by it, something called "bolero ranchero" was born. That is different. The trova is also traditional Cuban music. Now, the merengue is Domninican, NOT CUBAN, just like the plena and the bomba are Puerto Rican and the samba and the bossa nova are Brazilian. Now, please, read the following which was published in the Venezuelan magazine Analitica:
Se acepta que el primer Bolero compuesto, fue "Tristezas" escrito por el cubano Jos? ?Pepe? S?nchez en Santiago de Cuba en 1886, aunque algunos difieren la fecha, lo importante es que esa pieza dio origen formal al g?nero y con el acompa?amiento musical que denominamos ?cl?sico? ( las guitarras y la percusi?n), as? el bolero evolucion? de m?sica de cantinas y pe?as a m?sica de serenatas, el toque rom?ntico le permiti? adaptarse a todas las clases y el avance tecnol?gico ( en este caso , la Radio) le permiti? universalizarse y luego otro prodigio de la ciencia (La Grabaci?n y el Disco de acetato y vinilo) le permiti? perpetuarse en el Tiempo.

La irradiaci?n musical de Cuba se hizo sentir, no s?lo con el bolero sino con el son, el danz?n, la guaracha, el mambo y el cha cha cha, entre otros. Los pa?ses que se ven ba?ados por el mar Caribe asumieron pronto como propio el producto que Cuba les daba de contrabando entre la d?cada de los veinte y los treinta. Eso permitir? la fusi?n y el engrandecimiento del bolero con otros g?neros musicales d?ndose como resultados los sub g?neros: Bolero ritmico, Bolero Cha cha cha, Bolero Mambo, o inclusive la Bachata (bolero Dominicano), el Bolero Ranchero (mezcla bolero y mariach? mexicano ) y el Bolero Moruno (bolero con mezclas gitanas e hisp?nicas).

If you still think the bolero was not born in Cuba, then we agree to disagree.

guaroa

*** Sin Bin ***
Dec 13, 2004
juancarlos said:
Again, the bolero, as it is known in Cuba and Latin America today, was born in Santiago de Cuba in the latter years of the XIX Century. Pepe Sanchez composed the first of these and its name was Tristezas. The bolero became very popular in Cuba and then in Mexico, Puerto Rico and the rest of Latin countries. In Mexico Agustin Lara and Tona la Negra, among others, popularized it even more. Guty Cardenas also. In Cuba there were many bolero singers like Olga Guillot, Blanca Rosa Gil, Celio Gonzalez, Vicentico Valdes, Maria Teresa Vera, Bienvenido Granda etc, etc. most of them dead now. The bolero has nothing to do with the Mariachi, except that in Mexico and influenced by it, something called "bolero ranchero" was born. That is different. The trova is also traditional Cuban music. Now, the merengue is Domninican, NOT CUBAN, just like the plena and the bomba are Puerto Rican and the samba and the bossa nova are Brazilian. Now, please, read the following which was published in the Venezuelan magazine Analitica:
Se acepta que el primer Bolero compuesto, fue "Tristezas" escrito por el cubano Jos? ?Pepe? S?nchez en Santiago de Cuba en 1886, aunque algunos difieren la fecha, lo importante es que esa pieza dio origen formal al g?nero y con el acompa?amiento musical que denominamos ?cl?sico? ( las guitarras y la percusi?n), as? el bolero evolucion? de m?sica de cantinas y pe?as a m?sica de serenatas, el toque rom?ntico le permiti? adaptarse a todas las clases y el avance tecnol?gico ( en este caso , la Radio) le permiti? universalizarse y luego otro prodigio de la ciencia (La Grabaci?n y el Disco de acetato y vinilo) le permiti? perpetuarse en el Tiempo.

La irradiaci?n musical de Cuba se hizo sentir, no s?lo con el bolero sino con el son, el danz?n, la guaracha, el mambo y el cha cha cha, entre otros. Los pa?ses que se ven ba?ados por el mar Caribe asumieron pronto como propio el producto que Cuba les daba de contrabando entre la d?cada de los veinte y los treinta. Eso permitir? la fusi?n y el engrandecimiento del bolero con otros g?neros musicales d?ndose como resultados los sub g?neros: Bolero ritmico, Bolero Cha cha cha, Bolero Mambo, o inclusive la Bachata (bolero Dominicano), el Bolero Ranchero (mezcla bolero y mariach? mexicano ) y el Bolero Moruno (bolero con mezclas gitanas e hisp?nicas).

If you still think the bolero was not born in Cuba, then we agree to disagree.

back again, I dont think that boleros are from cuba. bolero, nobody knows the origin. most historian believe to belive to be from mexico other from cuba.
the romantic bolero the cuban has nothing to do with it. since you love web info, check the history of merengue or listen the people from making comments about the history of merengue. the name was different but it came from cuba to puerto rico, and other caribbean contries and at last came to Dr which it become what is today merengue. the history of merengue it is more clear compare to bolero the one you claim. so that make me suspicious about your comment.

I do agree with the history of bachata = bolero and it might began as you say from the impact of bolero in latin country but not by the cuba. this began when argetina, mexico give the beautiful bolero that is known today.

juancarlos

Bronze
Sep 28, 2003
Ok, guraba, you may continue to believe what you believe, but contrary to what you've stated, most historians do agree the bolero is Cuban. But, anyway, if you believe otherwise it is ok too, as far as I'm concerned. I am sure you are not alone and there may be others who agree with you. Let us say that we agree to disagree on this one. Have a wonderful day!

metropolitana3

Mar 11, 2008
Info...

Bachata is a new music form developing in the 1960s which to me is bolero mixed with Puerto Rican Seis y Aguinaldo. To those that dont know Seis and Aguinaldo jJibaro is a ancient Puerto Rican form of music which still remains sort of under ground to this generation. It is played by the Puerto Rican jibaros del campo. There are lots of Styles of Sies. It is Played slow or fast. Its instruments are the Puerto Rican Cuatro, which is like a guitar, but very diferent and its from Puerto rico, a Puerto Rican guiro,not a metal guira which is a imitation to the original guiro made from a plant by taino indians brought to Puerto Rico,a Spanish guitar,and some Bongos. The closest form of Seis, to Bachata is el Seis bolero which is much older than Bachata and it is played exactly the same as bachata, except the cuatro is played a lil diferent to the electric guitar or requinto that is used to bachata. Bachata is played with a two guitars, a guira and bongos. Almost the same...One example is Puerto rican singer Odilio gonzales. Or check for ...Puertorican Music Online.com-Cuatro Puertorrique?o,Musica de Puerto Rico, Guiros, Bongo, Panderos de Plena, Libros, Videos, Accesorios, Clases de Cuatro Online, Musica Tipica, Foros. And check for ejemplos de Seis y aguinaldo , so that yall can listen to all the types of seis and aguinaldo styles. Or send me an email to Laperla787@yahoo.com and i will send u some music so that u can hear and realize what im talking about.Or check utube for Cuatro Puerto Riqueno.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.