Sunshine in Sosua ?

Tor

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Could anyone please come down and bring some sunshine and good weather to Sosua ? This was the third day without any sun and almost constant rain.

DominicanScotty

On Vacation!
Jun 12, 2004
Welcome to "winter in the Dominican Republic"

Tor said:
Could anyone please come down and bring some sunshine and good weather to Sosua ? This was the third day without any sun and almost constant rain.

The Dominican Republic is having their winter right now. Expect more of this rain until April and enjoy the sunshine while it is out. I could offer you some nice freezing cold air from New York right now. I flew in from Puerto Plata yesterday and was greeted with a blasting wind of freezing cold air!

Angel_04

Sep 20, 2004
Tor said:
Today it's even worse, pretty depressing.
Hola Tor! :) Just look at it this way--at least you're not sitting there in the DR with 2 pairs of socks, long-johns (ok, so I don't wear them), turtleneck sweaters, scarves, hats, ear muffs, mittens, parkas etc... *Tor, I'm so cold right now (here in Canada) that I can barely type! My fingers are almost numb and I can see my breath as I breathe in and out!! ... Hey, I might even have frost bite on my toes from shovelling snow last night for an hour and a half!! .. :cry:
*Alright, so I am exaggerating just a bit... but I'd do ANYTHING to be in the DR right now (even though it's "rainy and depressing")... Anyone care to sponsor a hard-working teacher's trip to the DR? *uhm, did I mention that I'd do anything? :) (lol). Oh, sorry for the digression... yes Tor, cheer up, have a great weekend and smile because at least you're not being subjected to this cold, dreary Winter weather! :)

A

apostropheman

Guaranteed Sunshine Starting Tuesday!

Scott,

i will guarantee you sunshine for most of Dec 21 to Jan 4 as I am on my way! The sun follows me, really. Last January when I was there it rained once of any consequence. I'm sure it will be the same this time.

When you're at Rocky's ask Marco to introduce us.

A

apostropheman

Guaranteed Sunshine Starting Tuesday!

Scott,

i will guarantee you sunshine for most of Dec 21 to Jan 4 as I am on my way! The sun follows me, really. Last January when I was there it rained once of any consequence. I'm sure it will be the same this time.

please eliminate this double post.

Thanks

Last edited:

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Today starting off with blue sky and sunshine. Let's hope it continues.

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
apostropheman said:
Scott,

Hey, not a problem for me. I am usually doing a rain dance so my new trees and plants adjust well.

I am very much like you when it comes to being in London. I have never seen rain in London to the chagrin of many.

I look forward to meeting you. I can usually be found at the last table on the right with the laptop open like I am now at Rockys. Wireless internet is the BOMB!

Hasta Pronto,
Escott

A

apostropheman

Thanks Escott

Escott said:
Hey, not a problem for me. I am usually doing a rain dance so my new trees and plants adjust well.

I am very much like you when it comes to being in London. I have never seen rain in London to the chagrin of many.

I look forward to meeting you. I can usually be found at the last table on the right with the laptop open like I am now at Rockys. Wireless internet is the BOMB!

Hasta Pronto,
Escott

A big thanks to Scott for the airport pick-up and tour of Sosua and area. A very interest ing and enjoyable time.

thanks and I'll see you in May. I'm down May 13-23.

Jimmydr

Bronze
Apr 17, 2003
www.insearchofchicas.org
apostropheman said:
Scott,

please eliminate this double post.

Thanks

ha, whenever I was with you, it rained.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I don't think we will ever again have a sunny day on the North Coast. I was in Santo Domingo from Sunday through Wednesday and there was very little rain there. The bad weather seems to be centered in Santiago and north.

AlaninDR

Mr. Chunky Skin
Dec 17, 2002
I just heard about wagers in Sosua on the rain. Some of the people that bet it would never stop raining have already been paid by those that bet it would stop.

Tor

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
It happened something about 5 pm today. We got about 2 minutes of sun. The weather now ? Ofcourse it's raining.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Tor said:
It happened something about 5 pm today. We got about 2 minutes of sun. The weather now ? Ofcourse it's raining.

No, Scott, it is the sun. At least that is what I was told by 3 of the 5 people I asked. 1 thought it was the moon and the other swore it was a mirage.

drsandy

Apr 16, 2004
here comes the sun

We are hoping to bring the sun with us from London. Its sunny but bloody cold here. We arrive on sunday 30th, so look out for the clouds parting!

Hope to catch up with Scott, Ted and Marco at Rockys.

Sandy and Steve (the Australian and English)