Nice memories: S.D. Malecon obelisk Xmas 80's

CorletoLovesDR

Jul 8, 2002
Hello all,

Today I was watching a really beautiful house here in Pelham Parkway in the Bronx, NY that's very nicely decorated for Christmas. As I was admiring it, I just had the most beautiful memories of christmas times back in Santo Domingo in the 80's when I was a child.

My parents always used to take me to the obelisk in the Malecon in Santo Domingo. In the little rotary in the middle of the street they used to place a nice birthplace for little Jesus Christ, the three Kings and even live animals!!! Does anybody on this board remember those times?

If you lived or visited Santo Domingo in the 80's during Christmas times you will remember it.

My question is, why did they stop displaying it?

Happy Holidays!

Corleto

ninapup

Sep 16, 2004
I remember

CorletoLovesDR said:
Hello all,

Today I was watching a really beautiful house here in Pelham Parkway in the Bronx, NY that's very nicely decorated for Christmas. As I was admiring it, I just had the most beautiful memories of christmas times back in Santo Domingo in the 80's when I was a child.

My parents always used to take me to the obelisk in the Malecon in Santo Domingo. In the little rotary in the middle of the street they used to place a nice birthplace for little Jesus Christ, the three Kings and even live animals!!! Does anybody on this board remember those times?

If you lived or visited Santo Domingo in the 80's during Christmas times you will remember it.

My question is, why did they stop displaying it?

Happy Holidays!

Corleto
I remember my second trip to the DR, I think in '83 or '84, and the Malecon with the living cresch. I also remember that you could have your photo taken in the cresch. There was a lot of music, dancing and Presidente and everyone was having a great time. I think of it often and remember it as one of my best Christmas times. I often wondered if they were still enjoying this tradition, and if not like you would ask, why did they stop?