Big Game fishing

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
One of my husband's co-workers is interested in visiting the DR for fishing. He's been to Costa Rica, Mauritius, Kenya and has a trip to Guatemala planned. He's expects to pay at least 500 usd/day he paid 850 a day in CR,(Guatemala is going to be even more for a top notch boat, gear and crew) , and he wants to go fishing solo. Just him and the fish. Plane tickets and accomodation he will sort out himself if he finds a good enough reason to go fishing in the DR.

He would also like to know what kind of fish he might be catching, what's in season and what are the chances of a nice catch when they are in season. He's hoping to be catching any kind of marlin, sailfish, tuna, dorado, barracuda, wahoo, etc. He would be very very very happy to catch a blue marlin. He said that would be what a hole-in-one would be for a golfer.

I know as much about game fishing as I know about atomic physics, so, you're help will be greatly appreciated.

dms3611

Bronze
Jan 14, 2002
Pib, I can't believe you are not speaking to your brother....

....on this. He is a master fisherman....and has access to a boat.......

Best Wishes and Happy Holidays,

Dave

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
Pib,
I haven't seen Tony C around here lately but I know he has a lot of experience fishing in the DR. Maybe if you shoot him a pm he can help you.

Larry

Narcosis

Dec 18, 2003
Pib said:
One of my husband's co-workers is interested in visiting the DR for fishing. He's been to Costa Rica, Mauritius, Kenya and has a trip to Guatemala planned. He's expects to pay at least 500 usd/day he paid 850 a day in CR,(Guatemala is going to be even more for a top notch boat, gear and crew) , and he wants to go fishing solo. Just him and the fish. Plane tickets and accomodation he will sort out himself if he finds a good enough reason to go fishing in the DR.

He would also like to know what kind of fish he might be catching, what's in season and what are the chances of a nice catch when they are in season. He's hoping to be catching any kind of marlin, sailfish, tuna, dorado, barracuda, wahoo, etc. He would be very very very happy to catch a blue marlin. He said that would be what a hole-in-one would be for a golfer.

I know as much about game fishing as I know about atomic physics, so, you're help will be greatly appreciated.

This time of year there is plenty of dorado (dolphin or mahi-mahi), Wahoo and maybe some sailfish. Blue and white marlin are not as plenty and are best in the summer.