help

gert51

Dec 27, 2004
hi will be visiting dr in april 05 staying at casa marina beach from 04-04 to 18-04 any problems we should be aware of any thing to avoid also what is the weather likely to be like,i am just learning to swim as my husband wants me to go snorkeling off sosua beach any comments would be welcome thank you trudy

DominicanScotty

On Vacation!
Jun 12, 2004
gert51 said:
hi will be visiting dr in april 05 staying at casa marina beach from 04-04 to 18-04 any problems we should be aware of any thing to avoid also what is the weather likely to be like,i am just learning to swim as my husband wants me to go snorkeling off sosua beach any comments would be welcome thank you trudy

Please be very careful off of Sosua Beach especially after a storm. There is a rapid drop off there and strong under currents. For someone that is not a strong swimmer such as yourself please be careful. Cabarete, although the breakers are much stronger has a shallower drop off into the depths. Again, anytime you are playing with mother nature be careful. Speak with Brad at the Northern Coast Dive Shop on Calle Pedro Clisante in Sosua. He is an expert on the do's and don'ts around these areas. tell him Scottie sent you there! He and his wife are great people!!!