Heading to Sousa in Feb

trishdeyar

Oct 16, 2002
www.hiddenhilltop.com
Hi there,

We are planning our next trip to DR in February and will be staying at Casa Marina Reef Resort. My question is, how far away from a town are we? Any suggestions on what we should do when we get there? We don't want to do a planned excursion or anything, I'm thinking we might just head into town one day and explore. Are there busses? or if we take a taxi what would be a reasonable amount to pay?

Thanks for your help.

Trish
(looking forward to getting OUTTA the snow!!)

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
Trish,

Casa Marina Reef is right in Sosua. You can walk anywhere (almost) in town in about 5 - 15 minutes. Rocky's, Eddy's, Britannia Pub, Super Super, Playero Supermercado, Playa Sosua, etc., etc.

Enjoy.

Gregg

trishdeyar

Oct 16, 2002
www.hiddenhilltop.com
FireGuy said:
Casa Marina Reef is right in Sosua. You can walk anywhere (almost) in town in about 5 - 15 minutes. Rocky's, Eddy's, Britannia Pub, Super Super, Playero Supermercado, Playa Sosua, etc., etc.

Enjoy.

Gregg

Thanks Wud and Gregg - I'm hoping to definitely make it to Eddy's as I have heard quite a bit of it from everyone here. Are these places easy to find, if I go "wandering" will I eventually come to them?

Trish

Manxman

Aug 14, 2003
Casa Marina

Hi Trish
First of all, have a good trip. The Casa Marina Reef is a good hotel and the food is good too. When you want to go to Eddys, outside your hotel you turn left and then second right. Eddy's is about half way up the street on the left. If you carry on past Eddy's and go to the top of the street you will find the Super Super off licence. You will also find three Banks in that area. If you then turn right it will take you to the main street, there you will find the Britannia Pub. At about 4 in the afternoon they have a happy hour and you will meet a lot of ex pats there.
If outside your hotel turn right and then first left you will find Rockys Bar, another great place to meet people. Don't be afraid to have a wander around the streets you will not get lost and it is very safe.

regards James ;) ;) ;)

trishdeyar

Oct 16, 2002
www.hiddenhilltop.com
Manxman said:
Hi Trish
First of all, have a good trip. The Casa Marina Reef is a good hotel and the food is good too. When you want to go to Eddys, outside your hotel you turn left and then second right. Eddy's is about half way up the street on the left. If you carry on past Eddy's and go to the top of the street you will find the Super Super off licence. You will also find three Banks in that area. If you then turn right it will take you to the main street, there you will find the Britannia Pub. At about 4 in the afternoon they have a happy hour and you will meet a lot of ex pats there.
If outside your hotel turn right and then first left you will find Rockys Bar, another great place to meet people. Don't be afraid to have a wander around the streets you will not get lost and it is very safe.

regards James ;) ;) ;)

Thanks James! I just gave my MC# and got the confirmation number from the travel agent so I guess it's official! Can now start to get excited! I'm looking forward to getting out and exploring a bit while we are there, the last two trips were to Punta Cana and there really isn't a lot of places you can walk to in order to explore there, so this will be a switch for us.

Trish

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Trish when in Feb? I haven't booked yet but looking at the second week in Feb. and will get to Sosua for a day trip.

OttawaTom

Dec 15, 2002
Hi Anna.

Keep an eye on Debbies. Cathy and I are going to be in POP February 8 to 22, and I'm thinking about organizing something during that time.

Tom

Anna Coniglio said:
Trish when in Feb? I haven't booked yet but looking at the second week in Feb. and will get to Sosua for a day trip.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Sounds good Tom. Let me know when you have it arranged. I will check Debbie's though.

stallion

Mr. Main Event
May 28, 2004
OttawaTom said:
Hi Anna.

Keep an eye on Debbies. Cathy and I are going to be in POP February 8 to 22, and I'm thinking about organizing something during that time.

Tom

Cool Tom, let everyone know. I plan on going to Susua in february as well.