Guess What...

Guatiao

El Leon de los Cacicazgos
Mar 27, 2004
Some senseless news involving DR.

http://www.nydailynews.com/06-11-2004/news/col/widdicombe/story/269195p-230581c.html

Boy toy, interrupted

Cupid hasn't finished messing with us yet. Bush-twin-spinning It-Boy, Fabian Basabe, is getting married today in the Dominican Republic. The lucky (and possibly somewhat surprised) lady is Martina Borgomanero, of the family that owns luxury lingerie company La Perla.

Mingling among the shirtless waiters at Quo on Thursday for The Pump "Energy Food" book launch, Basabe told friends with a sly grin that he was "eloping."

When a pal suggested they mosey across the street to the gay night at Crobar, he begged out, saying, "I can't! I'm getting married on Saturday!"

I don't know if Star Jones and Barry Diller are invited to the wedding, but they should be.

Made me think:
1) Is the DR quickly becoming the new place to get married or divorced. Last year Luis Alfonso de Borbon gets married, Marc Anthony gets divorced, Micheal Jackson gets marry, later divorced & now some guy I never heard of is getting married. Oh well free promotions for DR.

2) How come I never hear any DR socialite gossip in DR newspapers?