Has anyone shipped boxes from Toronto to puerto Plata by cargo ship?

stallion

Mr. Main Event
May 28, 2004
I was wondering if anyone has shipped any boxes from Toronto to Puerto Plata by a cargo ship. If yes which cargo company did you use(telefone #)? How much did it cost? How long did it take to get there? and how did you go to collect it from DR customs?. I wanted to ship a few U-HAUL type boxes. Any info please. Thanks all.

stallion

Mr. Main Event
May 28, 2004
anybody got info. I need advice quick as I am making travel plans to go there and I want my stuff to arrive same time. Thanks all.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Do a search Stallion but it's like the auto thing. Most people that have gone through it say it's not worth it. Pack what you can in the suitcases and buy what you need there. Cheaper in the long run. So unless you have something really special that you absolutley can't live without, it's not worth the hassle.

Good luck ;)

stallion

Mr. Main Event
May 28, 2004
Thanks Anna,

I will be going there for a while. I know electronics are expensive there and I don't know if they have all the things I need there. And I don't like the clothes and shoes there. Most are fakes. And they don't have all the stores I shop there. I guess i will have to pay the airline excessive baggage.

Drgirl

Oct 30, 2002
stallion said:
I was wondering if anyone has shipped any boxes from Toronto to Puerto Plata by a cargo ship. If yes which cargo company did you use(telefone #)? How much did it cost? How long did it take to get there? and how did you go to collect it from DR customs?. I wanted to ship a few U-HAUL type boxes. Any info please. Thanks all.

I know of this shipping company here in Toronto, Its called Peralta Brothers shipping. Im not sure how much the cost is but i have the number and you can call and get the info you need. I know thier next shipment is in February so call and see what they say 416 722 4107 or u can try 1 809 586 6910.I hope this can help.