Hi everybody, I'm back

chicker

Jan 1, 2002
The poster formerly known as St Louis Mike is back. What a f***in' awful year was 2004. Unemployed 7 and half months. Two "long term" contracts terminated on a couple days notice. I didn't enjoy the time off or anything. I was miserable.
But the worm have turned, finally. Got a nice job here in Knoxville, Tennessee. Not too many soccer fans here but sooner or later I'll find 'em all. But no Chelsea fans, please. Even I don't need friends that bad.
If I play my croquet right, I could be back on my beloved island this time next year. Or maybe, just maybe, I could make the Thanksgiving bash at Rocky's in Sosua. And I promise not to be such an obnoxious drunk this time around.
Promise.
Hillbilly has lifted my spirits with an occassional email, he always seems to know just the right words to say [let's face, as close to a saint as you will meet on earth is our man Hillbilly] and Jan and Anna have done their best to stay in touch, but sometimes I just didn't answer emails because I hated giving out the same bad news.
I'm gonna take a deep public breath, blow out some cobwebs and get back to the real world. I missed a whole year almost, doing who knows what, I wish I'd had more fun.
Oh well, who's president now, anyway? Is life any better after Hipo? Could it be any worse?
OK, enough of my blather. I'm back.
Somebody get me a Santo Libre.
Quick.

chicker

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Mike dear, so nice to see you posting again. Happy New Year and may the best come your way because you deserve it.

Besos y abrazos

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Amen to that Anna. Lovely to see you "on the boards" again performing your wonderous dances with words!! The illustrious Luis has given me partial info on you during the last 9 months (we 'Golf' most Sundays now) & am delighted to hear the depressing time is over!!

Sorry I can't oblige by supporting the PROPER football game - I prefer the game founded at Rugby!! (Oh, and GOLF of course!!).

Welcome home Mike - sincerely! ~ Grahame.

KenoshaChris

Jan 4, 2002
My Turn Now

Welcome back Mike. Now its my turn. I'm stepping into your shoes as 2005 looks like its going to be awful. Hopefully will make it back down soon.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
KenoshaChris said:
Welcome back Mike. Now its my turn. I'm stepping into your shoes as 2005 looks like its going to be awful. Hopefully will make it back down soon.

Chris, what is the problem???

chicker

Jan 1, 2002
BushBaby said:
Sorry I can't oblige by supporting the PROPER football game - I prefer the game founded at Rugby!! (Oh, and GOLF of course!!).

Welcome home Mike - sincerely! ~ Grahame.

Well, you know, I'm a former rugby player myself, winger. Boy, could I run fast when I was younger ~sigh~
And, unlike Association Football, in Rugby Football the wingers hardly ever touch the ball. Except to field those deep kicks from the opposition, when you're expected to stand there just as calm as if you were a centerfielder catching an easy pop fly with the bases empty. Then, just as your fingerprints make contact with the ball, you are flattened to the earth by seven or eight two-hundred-and-eighty-pound scrummers hitting you, in unison, on the dead run. Boy, them was the days.
Hillbilly has a friend, Joe, I think is his name, also a former winger. You know, we got a couple of natural props there in Hillbilly and Eddy. Me and Joe and Bushbaby in the backfield. Hollywood, there, he'd be a perfect scrum half, I think. All we need's a hooker and we got us a side. At least for sevens. Whaddya say, mates?
And I'll write us a mean Haka.
Man, I can almost taste the grass between my teeth as I write these words ~deep sigh~
Everyone, get yer boots!!!!!

chickster :)

[aside] to H'wud. I behaved myself at HB's, but I got a little out of control at Rocky's. I really did. Que pena!!!

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Come OFF it Mike, there's PLENTY of hookers around on the North Coast - just ask AZB!!! I think most of the scrum would be happy to see them too!

Sorry, my days of being anything further back than No. 8 is well past. I'll go for flanker, No.8 (ALWAYS liked Andy Ripley's approach to the game!!) or reserve scrumhalf. Joe played as something outside 'centre'??? You're joshing me? I'll check that one again on Sunday!! Ahhh the days of first weekend of May & Twickenham Sevens finals - is that where you learned to get drunk & get rowdy?? ~ Grahame.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Hey K-C.
I DOUBT there is anything I can do from down here but I send you my best wishes at getting things back on even keel & IF there is anything I can do (even if immoral support which I AM good at) then just e-mail or PM me!! ~ Grahame.

chicker

Jan 1, 2002
chicker said:
But no Chelsea fans, please. Even I don't need friends that bad.
Robert said:
I used to like you!!

Man Utd 1-2 Chelsea, bye, bye Alex.

Welcome back :)

Ah, you rose to the bait. I put that in there just for you, boss.

Evertonia!!!! :p

Jan

Bronze
Jan 3, 2002
Santo Domingo Este
www.colonialzone-dr.com
Ahhhh Mikey

Good to have you back to your old self again. I missed you. Was getting ready to send out the possy!

Funny, a friend and I here were just talking about you and then here you are. Maybe I should talk about more people and see what happens.

chicker

Jan 1, 2002
Send out the What?!?!?!?!

Missed you too, girl.
A lot.
Now answer my PM, please.

All the best,
chicker,
worst merengue dancer in Zona Colonial :)

Last edited: