bank account

jannl

Jan 25, 2004
Is it possible for a foreigner to have a bank account in the DR in US$ or Euro's? And is it possible to transfer Euro's from that account to an account in Holland? If so are there extra charges as kind of taxes or extra transfer costs? Are there special banks for accounts in foreign currency and which banks offer this possibility?
Thanks for your answers

stallion

Mr. Main Event
May 28, 2004
jannl said:
Is it possible for a foreigner to have a bank account in the DR in US$ or Euro's? And is it possible to transfer Euro's from that account to an account in Holland? If so are there extra charges as kind of taxes or extra transfer costs? Are there special banks for accounts in foreign currency and which banks offer this possibility?
Thanks for your answers

From what I learned in my post 2 weeks ago. You can open a $us dollar account using your passport. I don't think they have Euro account. Just use the search button. Good luck.

mido

Bronze
May 18, 2002
jannl said:
Thanks for your answers

You can open a US$ account at almost all Dominican Banks, Euro accounts, however, are only possible at Banco Popular.