Lincoln Avenue capers

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Last night was not a typical Saturday night on Lincoln avenue. The six lanes from Pastoriza to Kennedy were jam-packed with Licey fans celebrating at well past 1:00 in the morning.

What has changed since the recent 'rooftop girly action sex show' scandal is that nudity has become the order of the day. Last night almost everyone seemed intent on getting their kits off. It was like being in the UK again, the only difference being that in the UK the urge to expose pimply buttocks to the chilly night air is usually a male preserve. Last night we were astonished to observe a young lady in engaging in that quaint British tradition - mooning out of the car window, while her friends, two females and a male, cavorted - or should I say lurched around - in the back of their pickup flashing different parts of their rather lardlike anatomy to the captive audience made up of occupants of adjacent cars. Suffice to say that they will not be getting any calls from modelling agencies. The bloke used his discarded t-shirt to cover up the licence plate, so they may have been building up to something there. Before it could get any steamier, we turned off Lincoln and took an alternative route home.

What this reflects is that the lascivious publicity given to the performing slappers has clearly started a new craze. No amount of condemnation and tut-tutting about the state of the nation's morals will prevent this from happening. On the contrary everyone seems to be jumping on the bandwagon.

There were some astute commentaries in the press over the last day or two in reaction to the jail sentences given to the Lincoln ladies. One columnist (El Caribe) said that the message this sends is that you can steal any amount of money you like, as long as you keep your clothes on. The editor of Diario Libre reacted to the preposterous sentence passed on one of the three graces, which was an order to attend her local church on a regular basis. How do they know she's not a Buddhist? :rolleyes:

Anyway, the long and short of it is that Lincoln avenue is now the place to be if you have exhibitionist tendencies, or voyeuristic for that matter. I might even join the craze myself, but I may have to wait for the weather to get a little warmer. ;)

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
Chiri, please don't ever stop writing these stories. I love to read them...living up here in the cold North, at least I can live vicariously through you and other great stories from this board.

As for:
What this reflects is that the lascivious publicity given to the performing slappers has clearly started a new craze. No amount of condemnation and tut-tutting about the state of the nation's morals will prevent this from happening. On the contrary everyone seems to be jumping on the bandwagon.
I could not agree more...it seems more and more cities want their piece of Mardi Gras or, more appropriately, Carnavale. It even came to my city during the Stanley Cup playoffs, we received world-wide press due to the antics along the "red mile" near the Saddledome (hockey arena).

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
Sounds like lots of harmless fun to me :)

I think my next trip will bring me to lincoln ave. for a night.

Why did you "turn off lincoln and take an alternative route home" before it could get any steamier as you said? Sounds to me like you were enjoying the show. You apparently paid close attention to all the details as you relayed them so well to us.....hmmmmm?

Larry

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Larry said:
Why did you "turn off lincoln and take an alternative route home" before it could get any steamier as you said? Sounds to me like you were enjoying the show. You apparently paid close attention to all the details as you relayed them so well to us.....hmmmmm?

Larry

I have a duty to my readers. It's a tough job but someone has to do it. ;)

- where did I say it wasn't interesting or amusing to observe? I repeat - they were not what you would call 'easy on the eye', or it would have been even more compelling. We abandoned the throng at that stage because it would probably have taken a good hour to get from one end of Lincoln to the other, and a girl needs her beauty sleep. :tired:

This evening I found myself driving a similar route just after the Aguilas victory, and again, Lincoln was chocka with cars and waving flags. It was much earlier in the evening, which could be part of the reason no one was engaging in anything like the previous night's amateur striptease, or could it be that aguiluchos are simply better-behaved? I certainly hope so! Bok and Mr Chiri were in Santiago for the event. Hope they manage to make it back with all the clothes they left home with.
Sounds like lots of harmless fun to me :)

I think my next trip will bring me to lincoln ave. for a night.
badpiece33 said:
Guess I have to goto the Capital next week to Lincoln avenue,I Can't wait!!!!
Glad to see I'm doing my bit for Dominican tourism. Lincoln Avenue is now officially a tourist attraction.

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
Criss Colon said:
Have You Been Peeking In My "Bachelor Pad's" windows again???

That sounds like what happened there yesterday! ;)
CCCCCCC CCCCCCCCCCCC mooning. That must be quite a site!:eek: :eek: :eek:

Jon S.

Bronze
Jan 25, 2003
Chirimoya said:
Glad to see I'm doing my bit for Dominican tourism. Lincoln Avenue is now officially a tourist attraction.

:eek: Nooooo!!!! I don't want that to happen. Lincoln Ave is the place to go after the club. Stop in La Lira right there on the corner of Roberto Pastoriza and Lincoln for the two hot dog and a soda special and ou'll be fine. There are other places to go to in the city like the Zona Colonial but for those folks that live in the city and are young and wanna see and be seen, "la Lincoln" is the place to be. Ever since they closed down Dume it hasn't been the same. I think between them and the Mexican food joint, Lincoln Road, it was what brought a bit of stability to the area. Oh well :ermm: ..............at least I won't be hearing this from the chicks towards other chicks; "y esta chopa, que hace ella aqui en la Lincoln, no sabe vestir, osea, esa ridicula salio de la casa sin sus Seven jeans y su camisa de Bebe" ..........

or this from the guys: "viejo, mira ese charlatan, maldito chopo, por eso es que este pais se eta jodiendo, dejan que todos los chopos salgan de sus barrios a hacer desorden.....mira mi BMW 645, mira las jevitas, tan mirando mucho, deja ver a cual de esas desgraciadas me levanto esta noche, a ver si me la llevo para San Isidro o el 12, vamos a la Lira a comprar un si-pack de Miller, tu sabe que uno tiene q estar en eso, o uno de Corona tambien, eso es lo que se bebe ahora viejo". I should know, people like that were former friends of mine or associates.....:ermm:

Chiri, you're casting spells of bad luck for my hang-out spots.......

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
I vote for Chirimoya and Jon S. for Pulitzer prizes after this thread. I thought Saturday mights at Lincoln Avenue was chopo night and Sundays belonged to true jevitos? Jevitos are more into drugs. They can afford it more. The barrio boys have to get naked to get a kick.
But this is not unusual at all. In the 60's Santo Domingo was just as wild. Except all these things were done at the country clubs, house parties and empty lots. I sued to go to swimming pool naked parties and pajama parties without pajamas with Trujillo and all.
Except, it was safer. Condoms were for the sissies. Sometimes we were proud to show our "ladilla" and pick them with "pinzas" then burn them with matches. They turned into mini fireballs. And screwing underage girls was a safe sport. Now I have to ask for "cedula" please?
TW

Jon S.

Bronze
Jan 25, 2003
Golo100 said:
Sometimes we were proud to show our "ladilla" and pick them with "pinzas" then burn them with matches. They turned into mini fireballs.
TW

TW, thanks for the nomination, I think the Academy will be pleased by their selection of me as the winner for this year :p. Just kidding......but that thing about ladilla, that's pretty nasty. A girl with ladilla is even worse :eek: You guys were daredevils in those days, I can't compete with you James Dean types. Iraq was enough of being a daredevil for me. Mortar Dodge, anyone?