Can You SPOT the REAL "DR1er"?.

bochinche

Bronze
Jun 19, 2003
dr1 masons....sort of.

i'm not sure if this has been discussed before.

i know the masons have their secret greeting signals....you know, one trouser leg rolled up and a thumb in the ear...............but isn't it about time we dr1 members had our own salutory codes.

i know i have often seen a fat american in sd and often wondered if that was xxxx, or an old man blowing hot air out in the country and thought "was that xxxx?".
one dr1'er thought he recognised me whilst he was washing my car windows in prd country, but he wasn't sure.

wouldn't it be much nicer if we could dispense with the formalities and confirm our suspicions with the aid of a simple hand signal.

my suggestion is two fingers in the shape of a "V" - with the hand reversed to that of a victory sign. no outsider would ever guess the 'hidden' greeting.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
That won't work, unfortunately. Dominicans make that gesture every time they say 'dos minutos' or 'dos pesos' to a foreigner. Much to my infantile delight, I might add.

Any other suggestions?

bochinche

Bronze
Jun 19, 2003
gosh... this got relegated to the clown bin.

does that mean everything, but this, in the living forum is serious?

- oh well. i just won't post anything there anymore, which was probably the desired result anyway.

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
bochinche said:
i'm not sure if this has been discussed before.

one dr1'er thought he recognised me whilst he was washing my car windows in prd country, but he wasn't sure.

I hope you're not talking about my post in the other thread (the one about you making beggars dance on one leg for a couple of pesos)...

If I remember correctly, I said I thought it was you who went by while I had a former PRD government official wash my windows...

In terms of a secret signal/handshake I vote for the one used by Mel Brooks in Spaceballs...

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Nice one!!

suarezn said:
In terms of a secret signal/handshake I vote for the one used by Mel Brooks in Spaceballs...
Great one but I have a much better one: how about signaling to the floor with your index finger and people will automaticly know that they should start to dance. We will call that signal, "the bochinche's beggars dance". LOL.

bochinche

Bronze
Jun 19, 2003
Robert said:
Some people are so sensitive... :bunny:

it finally showed..........your apology is accepted and of course i'll post there.
i don't have enough time to start another bulletin board like any of the others.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I think This thread Belongs In The General Forum!!

And,I have the "POWER" to move it there!!

I have NEVER had any trouble "spotting" a "Dr1er" in pubic!..I mean PUBLIC!
First time I saw "Robert",I said to myself,"Self",that looks like a Robert to me! And It WAS!Those who have never met Robert,other than on DR1, can only enjoy his wit,but not his "accent"!
I think that "Escott" looks like the chef ("As Seen On TV"!)from New York,who travels the World eating in "Strange" places.Now doesn't THAT sound like "Escott"!
To those who have never seen "AZB" "Up Close,& Personal",consider yourself LUCKY!!!

Now lets breath some more life into this Thread!

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
I hope the guy I rear-ended a couple of weeks ago wasn't a DR1er. Then again, if he is, I'll say it here: you, sir, are a wanker.

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
Criss Colon said:
And,I have the "POWER" to move it there!!

I have NEVER had any trouble "spotting" a "Dr1er" in pubic!..I mean PUBLIC!
First time I saw "Robert",I said to myself,"Self",that looks like a Robert to me! And It WAS!Those who have never met Robert,other than on DR1, can only enjoy his wit,but not his "accent"!
I think that "Escott" looks like the chef ("As Seen On TV"!)from New York,who travels the World eating in "Strange" places.Now doesn't THAT sound like "Escott"!
To those who have never seen "AZB" "Up Close,& Personal",consider yourself LUCKY!!!

Now lets breath some more life into this Thread!

Hehhe. Chuckling to myself about all 3.

Larry

A.J.

Jan 2, 2002
There are some people who I know in Puerto Plata who are DR1ers. And I like to see their posts.

However whenever I am in Santiago I always wonder which one of the white guys is HB I have been curious. So HB can you please where a DR1 hat next time you are out, I feel as though with all the insight you provide I should pay homage.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
How about holding up one finger for DR.1

Let's make it the index finger as the middle one might get too much attention and it could get a reponds you may not like :laugh:

bochinche

Bronze
Jun 19, 2003
now i've been promoted from a clown to a general.

what if we put the hand in the shape of a fist, but as if we are holding an invisible banana. then move the hand vigorously up and down.
no outsider would ever guess.
if you did it with both hands.........people would know you are not only a dr1'er but you take it in 'drsol' as well.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
bochinche said:
now i've been promoted from a clown to a general.

what if we put the hand in the shape of a fist, but as if we are holding an invisible banana. then move the hand vigorously up and down.
no outsider would ever guess.
if you did it with both hands.........people would know you are not only a dr1'er but you take it in 'drsol' as well.

CLEVER bochinche!! Because you put parenthesis around it you got it accepted!! WITHOUT the parenthesis it would have changed to where we are!! I must remember you for all our code breaking & code making jobs in the future!! By the way, WebCams are being set up for you as we speak!!

Why don't we just go round saying in a loud voice "I am D.R. Juan". We may not get many takers from DR1'ers saying 'Hi', but we WILL get quite a few intersting looks!!! ~ Grahame

Last edited:

bcmike

Jan 29, 2004
A.J. said:
There are some people who I know in Puerto Plata who are DR1ers. And I like to see their posts.

However whenever I am in Santiago I always wonder which one of the white guys is HB I have been curious. .
ALL of us white guys are HB ;)