Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Norwegian murdered in Puerto Plata

To day a Norwegian was found murdered in Puerto Plata. He was tied up, and stabbed to death, so it was probbably not a normal break in. For those who understand Norwegian, here's a link to the article in the newspaper.

http://www.vg.no/pub/vgart.hbs?artid=266412

Post Thanks / Like

Default Unfortunately, I am feeling violence on the upswing

This morning a friend of ours was shot in the chest as he opened his front door

They had sent the maid out for some juice at the corner. The bell rang and he thought it was the girl returning. He opened the door and BANG, a shot from a homemade "Chagón" . His wife, right there on the stairs, saw everything. The guy said "If you don';t want to get killed too, get me the keys to your Jeepeta" He went with her upstairs, got the keys, locked her in the closet and left. The maid came home, saw the blood, heard the screams and together they called 911. He got to the clinic in time but is in very critical condition.

They live in the Cerros de Gurabo, a very up-scale neighborhood.

I'm betting the cops will catch them...

Meanwhile, when you knock at the HB Hovel, keep you hands in sight.

HB

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default I'm rude..

Crime is getting worse here.

I never answer the front gate. If people bang I figure I won't understand them anyhow and I won't give any info on the others that live here. And if its a friend of mine they will be respectful and call me on the celular first. I never answer a whistle( I'm not a god) or a bang on the gate (my friends call first)

Now I feel smart that I chose to do this.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly
    This morning a friend of ours was shot in the chest as he opened his front door

They had sent the maid out for some juice at the corner. The bell rang and he thought it was the girl returning. He opened the door and BANG, a shot from a homemade "Chagón" . His wife, right there on the stairs, saw everything. The guy said "If you don';t want to get killed too, get me the keys to your Jeepeta" He went with her upstairs, got the keys, locked her in the closet and left. The maid came home, saw the blood, heard the screams and together they called 911. He got to the clinic in time but is in very critical condition.

They live in the Cerros de Gurabo, a very up-scale neighborhood.

I'm betting the cops will catch them...

Meanwhile, when you knock at the HB Hovel, keep you hands in sight.

HB
    The worst part is that they opened fire on the guy when he answered the door. I would think criminals want to have their way with the minimum amount of noise, that they usually intimidate people with their shotguns in order to paralize them with fear and get what they want and leave. But this case went beyond that. Things are really getting out of hand over there.
    I saw in today's Hoy online that there was a demonstration by many against crime in Santiago. I think that more than anything else, effectively fighting crime should be the number one priority in the DR today.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Wish I could read Norwegian.........the case HB refers to is in several of the national papers, the victim being a well known & respected man, but I can't find any reference to the Norwegian in Dominican press yet. Am I correct in deducing this happened on the Malecon in Puerto Plata?

Post Thanks / Like

It was reported in Friday's El Nacional. It mentioned a drug connection.The report is not in the online version though.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

HB
    Hope your friend makes it. Hopefully they will catch the guy and put him away forever. Kathy

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

According to Diario Libre, HB's friend is slightly better but still in serious condition.
    http://www.diariolibre.com/app/article.aspx?id=27151
    Also read that Puerto Plata police had killed 2 men suspected of killing an 'Austrian' on Thursday...........it is just possible that the nationality was wrongly reported & these were the perps. for murder of the Norwegian.......
    http://www.elnacional.com.do/app/article.aspx?id=24683

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

It was defenitly a Norwegian. It was also on the news on national television in Norway. Just watched it on web tv.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I just read in El Nacional online edition, which Lambada posted, that police have arrested two men in Santiago as suspects in Mr. de Castro's shooting.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast