Where should I visit

Jae Anthony

Feb 14, 2005
I'm about to take my first trip to the DR at the end of Apirl. I was trying to figure out which part of the island I should visit. I'm going with a group of friends, and where looking to party and mingle with the locals. If I could get some feedback on some good spots for fun in the sun, and places we should check out in that area, it would be appreciated.

CanadianCutie22

Jun 1, 2002
I would suggest the Puerto Plata area since you are looking for fun in the sun and partying. This includes the towns of Puerto Plata, Sosua and Cabarete all of which have various types of nightlife/bars/discos.

From what I hear Punta Cana (east coast) has next to nil in the nightlife department and I haven't been to the south coast yet so I can't comment on the nightlife there although I hear Santo Domingo is good as well.

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
Jae Anthony said:
I'm about to take my first trip to the DR at the end of Apirl. I was trying to figure out which part of the island I should visit. I'm going with a group of friends, and where looking to party and mingle with the locals. If I could get some feedback on some good spots for fun in the sun, and places we should check out in that area, it would be appreciated.

depends on what you mean by "mingle with the locals" that can mean anything in the DR.