Condom Panties-Are they coming to the DR?

Miamimike

Jan 16, 2005
Saw this interesting article on this Colombian Businessman who invented "Condom Panties" and since this a subject debated frequently here this Gent may find a ready market in the DR-- figuretively and Literally. :)

New Colombian condom to help quick, safe sex
BOGOTA, May 13 (Reuters) - A Colombian condom-maker has come up with a garment to help time-pressed lovers have safe sex without even taking their panties off. The so-called Panty Condom, trumpeted as the first of its kind, consists of lacy panties, in black or white, with an opening in the crotch. A thin resin membrane stuck to the inside of the underwear stretches like a condom. Bogota-based manufacturer Natural Sensation launched the condom-with-a-difference at a Bogota hotel late Wednesday. It is set to retail in Colombian supermarkets and pharmacies for about $3.60, including two spare membranes. The membranes are made of a resin called AT-10 rather than the latex used in traditional condoms. Inventor Max Abadi said the company aimed to sell 50,000 Panty Condoms this year -- equivalent to about three percent of the national condom market. He is also eyeing what he hopes will be lucrative export markets in Central and South America.

Stephan

Jun 20, 2004
Miamimike said:
Saw this interesting article on this Colombian Businessman who invented "Condom Panties" and since this a subject debated frequently here this Gent may find a ready market in the DR-- figuretively and Literally. :)

BOGOTA, May 13 (Reuters) - A Colombian condom-maker has come up with a garment to help time-pressed lovers have safe sex without even taking their panties off. The so-called Panty Condom, trumpeted as the first of its kind, consists of lacy panties, in black or white, with an opening in the crotch. A thin resin membrane stuck to the inside of the underwear stretches like a condom. Bogota-based manufacturer Natural Sensation launched the condom-with-a-difference at a Bogota hotel late Wednesday. It is set to retail in Colombian supermarkets and pharmacies for about $3.60, including two spare membranes. The membranes are made of a resin called AT-10 rather than the latex used in traditional condoms. Inventor Max Abadi said the company aimed to sell 50,000 Panty Condoms this year -- equivalent to about three percent of the national condom market. He is also eyeing what he hopes will be lucrative export markets in Central and South America.

What a mess :cross-eye

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
Miamimike said:

If you don't have time to even take your panties off to have sex you may as well don't have any....Plus i think you would waste more time putting them on and then taking them off.. plus can you imagine if i weight more than 300 lbs the duffle bag i would have to drag arround full of these panties? Lol

DRgirlatheart

Sep 20, 2003
Nasty!

Mr_DR said:
If you don't have time to even take your panties off to have sex you may as well don't have any....Plus i think you would waste more time putting them on and then taking them off.. plus can you imagine if i weight more than 300 lbs the duffle bag i would have to drag arround full of these panties? Lol

Aw, c'mon now, there was no call to involve weight in this thread at all! I can only hope that you wind up overweight one of these days and know what it feels like to be treated like non-human scum!

jmaz98

Sep 25, 2003
Miamimike said:
The membranes are made of a resin called AT-10 rather than the latex used in traditional condoms.

Does AT-10 (whatever that is) stop the spread of HIV? Even if it does, it still seems like a ridiculous invention.

Miamimike

Jan 16, 2005
No surprise

jmaz98 said:
Does AT-10 (whatever that is) stop the spread of HIV? Even if it does, it still seems like a ridiculous invention.

The invention, coming from where it does, Bogota does not surprise me. Some Weird people there. A few years back some Gigilo(en la plaza central-Bolivar) dressed in a green Space Martien outfit convinced and seduced 27 woman there. So these condom panties surprise me? NOooooooo. :)

Jon S.

Bronze
Jan 25, 2003
Miamimike said:
The invention, coming from where it does, Bogota does not surprise me. Some Weird people there. A few years back some Gigilo(en la plaza central-Bolivar) dressed in a green Space Martien outfit convinced and seduced 27 woman there. So these condom panties surprise me? NOooooooo. :)

I thought that what happened in DR helped it qualify for 'Wonderland' status but my friend from Medellin told me things that blew my mind. Holy crappola, I still can't believe they are that crazy down there. Makes DR seem quaint by comparison. I wouldn't have believed him if he wouldn't have shown me home video.......

Jane J.

ditz
Jan 3, 2002
Are they coming to Montreal?

What needs to be clarified is, how do you get the membranes off and on? The articles says the membranes are "stuck" to the panty. I assume they are one-time use only?

Perhaps you all laughed at the sponge in the beginning, but isn't any attempt to improve the standard condom welcome? At least this does away with akward-application interruptus.

:eek:

Last edited:

2dlight

Bronze
Jun 3, 2004
Tongue-in-cheek...

Is the "membrane" a one size fits all? Does it close after use? Is it textured for greater satisfaction?

Miamimike

Jan 16, 2005
Jane J. said:
What needs to be clarified is, how do you get the membranes off and on? The articles says the membranes are "stuck" to the panty. I assume they are one-time use only?

Perhaps you all laughed at the sponge in the beginning, but isn't any attempt to improve the standard condom welcome? At least this does away with akward-application interruptus.

:eek:

Maybe they use a ring of Velcro to attach the apparatus. Hey, this could be used as a Porta-Potti also, only problem would be later, after the condom was full, it would present a rather obvious bulge in a female's lower area and could attract unwanted glances. :)

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
DRgirlatheart said:
Aw, c'mon now, there was no call to involve weight in this thread at all! I can only hope that you wind up overweight one of these days and know what it feels like to be treated like non-human scum!
Too late DRgirl, I am already in your league.
Plus if you read some of my posts you would see that i have nothing against you guys.....I am the first one to come and say that you all need some TLC just as the next person.

Miamimike

Jan 16, 2005
Googled

Anna Coniglio said:
I'm still trying to figure out how they work :eek:

Anna-I googled this and this is all I could find-they must have come to the market very recently-leave it to the Colombians to cook up something like this.:)

What's New?

Clearblue Easy Digital Ovulation Test
$40.00

Quick Find

Use keywords to find the product you are looking for.
Advanced Search

Information

Barbara's Mailbox
Featured Articles
Future Contraceptives
Prescription Contraceptives
Helpful Links
Shipping Policy
Privacy Policy
Legal Information
IUD's (Intrauterine Devices)
Tubal Ligation
Vasectomy
The Patch
Abstinence
NuvaRing
Infertility
FemCap
CervCap
Contact Us

Panty Condoms
[CMW-0005] $10.00

Panty Condoms

A group of Colombian scientists began researching the use of regular latex condoms due to the many complaints that these condoms were taking all the pleasure out of lovemaking.

They started three and a half years ago by investigating hundreds of different materials and procedures, searching for the right combination which would produce a highly durable yet ultra sensitive condom. In collaboration with the Colombian Health Ministry, which granted approval of the research two and a half years after it began, tests were conducted at the Columbia National University for tensile stress using air pressure and electronic testing. All results were conclusive: Natural Sensation condoms were superior in resistance to those made out of latex.

The Pantycondom was developed for ease of use and convenience. As with other products of this nature, it is very important that the instructions for use are carefully followed.

Advantages:

* Prevents STD?s such as AIDS.

* Ten times thinner.

* More resistant to pressure, tension and friction.

* Exclusive design.

* Anti allergenic material.

* May be used with any base lubricant.

* Ultra soft

* Transparent

* Odorless

* The panty can be used the entire day.

* Can be used by him or her.

* Can reuse the panty after taking off the condom.

* Can be used as daily protection.

The material used is called Synthetic Resin AT-10, which is specially designed to be up to ten times thinner than most reluglar latex condoms. It is made from an anti allergenic material, so stable and inert, it won't affect the user's skin.

Being completely odorless, it does not expel any smell due to friction. Also completely transparent and very soft and pliable.

Proven to be more resistant in tension, pressure and friction because of it's UNIQUE properties.

Available Options:
Please select a size: s-mm-l

Current Reviews: 1

This product was added

kjdrga

Mar 25, 2002
YES I've bought them in the DR

Ok I have to admit....I bought a pair and in fact still have them intact in my drawer in the fundita from La Gran Via. I think I bought it about 5 years ago I have scanned a picture of the packaging... they are called Female Condom - Panty Condom

Ohhhhh they expired 08-2004....too bad... it's hilarious...glad I came across this thread and they were made in Colombia. I paid RD$85 pesos bought 10/26/2000, the reciept is still attached to fundita :eek: !

Okay I can't figure out how to upload into post, will see if they will up load it onto the site ...or try this Link to the PANTY CONDOM

Jane J.

ditz
Jan 3, 2002
Hee - this is great! I can't believe we've got photos of the packaging!

Call me dense, but I still don't get the membrane attachment procedure...

Why do they have to be so prudish with the illustrations? I'm thinking it must look like a nightmare on. Ew, does the thing hang in or out??????