Dancehall Reggea Clubs???

palenque2012

Jan 29, 2005
Is dancehall reggea popular in the DR? I haven't heard much about that style of music there. Can anybody recomend a club in SD or around Cabarete that plays dancehall, hopefully live? THANX

Angel_04

Sep 20, 2004
palenque2012 said:
Is dancehall reggea popular in the DR? I haven't heard much about that style of music there. Can anybody recomend a club in SD or around Cabarete that plays dancehall, hopefully live? THANX

Well, reggaeton is very popular in the DR. But, as to whether pure dancehall is or not.. I don't think it is. As for finding LIVE dancehall in the DR.. i highly doubt it. It is more popular in other Caribbean islands. I have heard SOME dancehall played at a few popular clubs in the DR.. but not very often.. only the very commerical--popular songs...
have a nice day! :)

Carlito

*** Sin Bin ***
Feb 11, 2005
Angel_04 said:
Well, reggaeton is very popular in the DR. But, as to whether pure dancehall is or not.. I don't think it is. As for finding LIVE dancehall in the DR.. i highly doubt it. It is more popular in other Caribbean islands. I have heard SOME dancehall played at a few popular clubs in the DR.. but not very often.. only the very commerical--popular songs...

I never heard of that myself,

But most places played a mix of stuff,
but that sounds like specialized stuff in any case.
DR plays DR stuff and mixed varieties.

palenque2012

Jan 29, 2005
Angel_04 said:

Does anybody know of some bars or clubs in SD that might have live reggaeton? I would love a chance to catch that live. THANX

Dominican_gurl

Apr 27, 2004
Hey whats up... ill be in cabarete at the beginning of March ad if u just walk along the beach theres nuff places that play reggae, not pure dancehall but theres some.. Thers a few places like onnos and bambu. the DJ's are pretty good so you be able to bump n grinde all night.
One love

JDub

Apr 7, 2003
only clubs i ever heard play dancehall was Fusion Rose and XXO. Both are in La Zona Colonial and have hip hop nights on thursdays but they throw in some dancehall. I did alot of searching and asking around about the dancehall scene in SD, but it doesn't exist. if you do run across any, please send me a PM cause I would be very interested.

JACKIE05

Oct 22, 2005
So I Just Moved To Santo Domingo A Few Months Ago And I Want To Go To A Club That Plays Alot Of Reggaeton or atleast hip hop!! Does Anyone Know Of Any?? Where Its At Would Be Helpfull Too! =)

Last edited: