Diesel Clothing

PrincessTT

Jun 7, 2004
I will be headin to the DR in a few weeks and there are many people that want me to bring back clothes for them. I will be staying in Cabarete but alos going to Sosua and Puerto Plata. Does anyone know the best place to go and if the let you bartter with them? I usually go to the Playa Dorada Plaza and also a large clothing store downtown Puerto plata.
Thanks
Princess TT

Bartolomeo67

Mar 18, 2004
Casa Nelson

The store in Puerto Plata is probably Casa Nelson right in the center of town.
There is also a sort of 'factory outlet' store on the left hand side of the main road into POP coming from Sosua, I think it's called Dinorah's. It's just before you come to the Brugal factory near the Marapica(?) gas station.
But I doubt you will find Diesel copies there.
Bartolomeo

la flor

Jan 6, 2005
I dont think all the designer labels are all real there- a friend of mine who lives in theDR had on a pair of Guess jeans and he said they were around $20.Now here in the states I am friends with the actual owner of the Guess company, and he says this is not possible. there are knock-off all over the place with designer labels...I wouldnt be searching there for bargins.

stallion

Mr. Main Event
May 28, 2004
la flor said:
I dont think all the designer labels are all real there- a friend of mine who lives in theDR had on a pair of Guess jeans and he said they were around $20.Now here in the states I am friends with the actual owner of the Guess company, and he says this is not possible. there are knock-off all over the place with designer labels...I wouldnt be searching there for bargins.

Very true. Many of the desiner clothing lines are fake in puerto plata region. They have knock-off everything, You name it Polo, Versace, Dockers, Lancoste and many other good quality name brands.

Bartolomeo67

Mar 18, 2004
stallion said:
Very true. Many of the desiner clothing lines are fake in puerto plata region. They have knock-off everything, You name it Polo, Versace, Dockers, Lancoste and many other good quality name brands.

Off course they are fake. The way I understand the OP is that this is exactly the reason why people ask her to bring the cheap copies of the originals with her back home.