Child custody in D.R

marley

Mar 5, 2005
Hi guys i am new to this page,And i also i am looking for some information on child custody in the D.R .I have a friend that is have a problem with the father of her children.She does not live in the D.R, she left the D.R to support her children because the father does not support them. they were not married but he did acknowlage the children, now that she is away he wants to take the children to live with his mother, his reason is because the mother is paying someone(a close freind of hers) to take care of the child, What is the possibility for him to gain custody.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Tricky question

The father does have parental rights, there is no way around that.
The mother is the mother, that is also a given.

It seems that if she is not physically present in the DR, then the father can do what he feels is best for the children. He cannot hide them from the mother if she wants to see them and if she wants to have "custodio" then she might have to see a judge in the Children's Court. This might get complicated.

HB FWIW

Fabio J. Guzman

DR1 Expert
Jan 1, 2002
www.drlawyer.com
The father has the right to claim custody.

Who will get it in the end, mother or father, will depend on what a Judge believes "will be in the best interest of the child.?