Looking for a Bus

Castellamonte

Bronze
Mar 3, 2005
Cabrera
www.villa-castellamonte.com
Hi, I'm looking for a nice used tourist bus capable of holding about 14 to 20 people. I know these things are beat to death but maybe someone knows of a popular hotel upgrading...or one that went out of business. New these things are $30K USD and that's a little pricey. Any ideas are appreciated.

Gringoloco

Feb 10, 2005
Castellamonte said:
Hi, I'm looking for a nice used tourist bus capable of holding about 14 to 20 people. I know these things are beat to death but maybe someone knows of a popular hotel upgrading...or one that went out of business. New these things are $30K USD and that's a little pricey. Any ideas are appreciated.

I think theyre a little bit more than $30k US, unless youre talking about a school type bus. Maybe Caribe Tours will sell you an old one? When I was down there I was on a practically new coach with TV's, air conditioned and all with curtains to block the sun. Nicer than alot of buses Ive been on here in the states... What are they doing with their old buses?

Good Luck.

Castellamonte

Bronze
Mar 3, 2005
Cabrera
Gringoloco said:
I think theyre a little bit more than $30k US, unless youre talking about a school type bus. Maybe Caribe Tours will sell you an old one? When I was down there I was on a practically new coach with TV's, air conditioned and all with curtains to block the sun. Nicer than alot of buses Ive been on here in the states... What are they doing with their old buses?

Good Luck.
No, I don't want something as large as a Caribe Tours bus. I'm thinking of a 14 to 20 person bus. Typically you see them in smaller hotels and the like.

Castellamonte

Bronze
Mar 3, 2005
Cabrera
JDJones said:
To be honest with you, I have never seen one for sale here. They are just too plain valuable as transport buses in Santo Domingo.
Am I to assume you are not interested in a bus like the Mitusbishi more or less 30 passenger buses like you see all over the island?
There are bunches of them for sale in Santiago, as you're leaving the city travelling towards SD.
You'll find one there faster than anywhere eise.
JD
The quote I rec'd at the Toyota dealership in Sto Domingo was about $30K or so. The reason I need a 14 to 20 person bus, not more, is because the bus won't be able to turn where I need it to. Longer buses just can't make that corner <smile>

Thanks for the tip in Santiago. I'll check into it when I'm there next week or so.