Network Marketing in DR?

caribgirl

Mar 3, 2005
I would love some feedback as to what the DR culture is like with regards to network marketing. Is it a readily accepted form of business investment in the DR? What network marketing companies are currently in DR?
THANKS.

Castellamonte

Bronze
Mar 3, 2005
Cabrera
www.villa-castellamonte.com
caribgirl said:
I would love some feedback as to what the DR culture is like with regards to network marketing. Is it a readily accepted form of business investment in the DR? What network marketing companies are currently in DR?
THANKS.
I'm no expert, by a long shot, but I believe Network Marketing requires a degree of honesty that you may find generally lacking. For example, who's customer (or network node) is a person? Can they be "stolen"? How can you prevent that or detect it once it has happened? Think of every way possible to screw up the system, add five you haven't thought of, and this is what you'll be faced with.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Network , e.g. Multi Level Marketing requires a degree of honesty? One degree above absolute zero maybe. It requries deceiving people to sell overpriced goods and recruit even stupider or poorer people to help.

Jun 28, 2004
is it possible ..............

there are people more corrupt than corporate america, for innstance bernie ebbers, ken lay and oh, the ones that wont ever get caught? scale, thats the only difference

Jun 28, 2004
the post was about network marketing in the dr which led to a post about network marketing in general which led to my post about business in general.

let me know if u need further clarification

caribgirl

Mar 3, 2005
Questions are still open, and there are positives

I appreciate all the passionate replies, but the questions are still unanswered. I would love to hear from some people with actual network Marketing experience.
I understand the negative stuff about Network marketing. I must say there are also positives. Unfortunately there are also unscrupulous people who have caused others to look on the industry with a negative view.
I'm now involved in my second Network marketing company and in six months I have substituted the income from my previous job - (in my country, our economy is terrible, so its a big deal). That was not my experience with the first Net wk.co I was with. The difference this time is a product I feel very confident about and a lot of support from my colleagues right here in the caribbean.
So the questions still stand: Are there serious network marketers in DR? Anyone has a contact.

caribgirl

Mar 3, 2005
It's misunderstood

ricktoronto said:
Network , e.g. Multi Level Marketing requires a degree of honesty? One degree above absolute zero maybe. It requries deceiving people to sell overpriced goods and recruit even stupider or poorer people to help.

I understand your views becuse before understanding the industry I used to feel the same way. the network marketing industry has been around for many years and even big companies like AT&T offer some of their products through network marketing. What NW mkting does is pay the consumer to market the product instead of paying a big advertising company. So the consumer is able to purchase the goods at wholesale price and resell if he so desires, and also the company pays him to tell others about it(which he would have done anyway , without compensation). Eg.How many times do we tell others about our favorite restaurant? When they go to the restaurant ( on our recommendation) does the restaurant owner give us a % of what the person spends? No! That's how people get paid in NEtwork Marketing, by referring the products to others or inviting them to do the business as well.

maxheadroom01

Mar 12, 2005
www.geocities.com
caribgirl said:
THANKS.

Quixtar is in the DR with a limited product line, and according to the monthly newsletter I receive, there are a number of reasonably sucessful people in the DR. Just my 2 cents worth. :classic:

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
caribgirl said:
I appreciate all the passionate replies, but the questions are still unanswered. I would love to hear from some people with actual network Marketing experience.
I understand the negative stuff about Network marketing. I must say there are also positives. Unfortunately there are also unscrupulous people who have caused others to look on the industry with a negative view.
I'm now involved in my second Network marketing company and in six months I have substituted the income from my previous job - (in my country, our economy is terrible, so its a big deal). That was not my experience with the first Net wk.co I was with. The difference this time is a product I feel very confident about and a lot of support from my colleagues right here in the caribbean.
So the questions still stand: Are there serious network marketers in DR? Anyone has a contact.
I think almost anything is possible in the DR

I think that if you have the right product and develope a good strategy to keep people honest I don't see why it would not work as long as you can market your business affectable and in the proper areas within the country as well.

Castellamonte

Bronze
Mar 3, 2005
Cabrera
ricktoronto said:
Actually, it does. I think you've missed my point. The honesty factor comes to play when claiming the people "under your node" in the network. Since you, as their 'manager', are compensated for what they sell. Who is to say who actually sells it, who gets credit and where the money is finally paid? Even in the US this is very dicey but at least here we can sue anyone and everyone. In the DR it makes no sense to get into a business where you have no ability to enforce the rules. It's that simple.

Castellamonte

Bronze
Mar 3, 2005
Cabrera
maxheadroom01 said:
Quixtar is in the DR with a limited product line, and according to the monthly newsletter I receive, there are a number of reasonably sucessful people in the DR. Just my 2 cents worth. :classic:
Other companies in the DR, that I know mya or may not like being referred to as MLM companies...

Mary Key
Avon
Cutco

Moca

Jul 1, 2004
Network Marketing

The company that I work with, Jafra Cosmetics International, also has been active in the Dominican Republic for several years. At one point the lineage programs in the US and DR were linked. At present however they are not.
My wife has some friends who are District Directors in the DR. They do quite well.

Happy Marketing,

Moca

caribgirl

Mar 3, 2005
Contact for the Quixtar marketers?

maxheadroom01 said:

Thanks for the info. Is there anyway I could get a contact for the Quixtar marketers? I'd really appreciate it. Send me a private message if you dont want to post the info here.
Thanks

caribgirl

Mar 3, 2005
Castellamonte said:
Other companies in the DR, that I know mya or may not like being referred to as MLM companies...

Mary Key
Avon
Cutco

Do you have a contact for any of the marketers from those companies? I'd appreciate it.
Thanks

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Actually there's a lot of this done in The DR. I know Amway is all over the place as well as Avon and other companies. I used to teach English as a Second Language to a guy who was the manager of Avon's Caribbean Operations and he told me that The DR was one of their most profitable markets (better profit margins than The US, France, etc)...also it was very easy to recruit people as there are a lot of people looking for something to do.

caribgirl

Mar 3, 2005
Best way to recruit in Dr

suarezn said:
Actually there's a lot of this done in The DR. I know Amway is all over the place as well as Avon and other companies. I used to teach English as a Second Language to a guy who was the manager of Avon's Caribbean Operations and he told me that The DR was one of their most profitable markets (better profit margins than The US, France, etc)...also it was very easy to recruit people as there are a lot of people looking for something to do.

I am abroad. I am promoting a new product with a new company ,What do you think is the best way to get to persons who would want to become marketing associates in Dr?

jerUsna

Aug 27, 2005
First step

First step to Any MLM in the sense of finding more business partners is to find their personal "NEEDS". If there is no need in life for someone to do something then they will not proceed with anything.

Loaded1

Aug 30, 2005
www.my.ws
Hi, I am new and this is my first post. I am a successful network marketer and my company offers a worldwide opportunity. I have members from all over the world in my downline. We sell domain names and web hosting services. I have actually signed up a few from the DR already and they have been fairly successful. I am looking forward to speaking with you all. you can never stop learning and these forums are a great source of information.

Tylar