Question about the bus line

DR Rubia

Mar 12, 2005
My Sister and I are returning to Punta Cana in 3 wks and would like a little insite into traveling the bus line from Punta Cana to Santo Domingo. It will be us two and a friend from Santo Domingo. How safe are the bus lines and any other tips you can give for this trip. Thanks.

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
From Bavaro to Santo Domingo, there are express buses running at 07h00, 10h00, 14h00 and 16h00. It is an excellent service and when last I used it (3 weeks ago) I believe I paid RD$250 one way.It is about 3.5 hours and they stop to buy refreshments in La Romana for about 10 minutes. They leave from the main bus station in Bavaro. As far as safety goes, there is never a guarantee in life, but I have travelled alone on the buses many times and have never had a problem...more weirdos on the TTC!
For a bit less (approx. RD$160), you can change buses in Higuey, but you need to allow extra time. I would suggest the express service having done both!
Hope this helps! Enjoy!

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Note - the TTC is Toronto's bus and subway system for you non-Torontonians.

I didn't know we had someone other than Anna and Homer in the GTA.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Actually I don't think Guelph is part of the greater Toronto Area. :classic:

But we do have many members on this board that are from the GTA.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
DR Rubia said:
My Sister and I are returning to Punta Cana in 3 wks and would like a little insite into traveling the bus line from Punta Cana to Santo Domingo. It will be us two and a friend from Santo Domingo. How safe are the bus lines and any other tips you can give for this trip. Thanks.

To answer your question about the bus lines. I do think they are very safe. I went all over the place with Caribe Tour. Very inexpensive way to travel as well.

http://www.caribetours.com.do/