More Help with Transportation

DrewNY

Mar 23, 2005
Hello Everyone,

Need help with transfers from resorts in different locations.
Unfortunately I did not read this forum first when booking my trip so I am staying at 3 different AI's in 3 different places.
1. Starting with the Airport in Punta Cana to Bahia Principe Resort

2. Bahia Principe To Casa Del Mar in La Romana

3. La Romana to Coral Hamaca in Boca Chica

4. BC to Santo Domingo airport( which Im least concerned being so close )

I am traveling to the Domincan Republic for the first time and I am doing so alone. That is one of the main reasons for the AI's. I read alot on the different areas and resorts and came up with these 3 based on personal preferences. Ok enuff bantering....Question...?

What would be the best form of transportation based on those locations? Taxi Service(which one) Or Public (keep in mind ive spent alot of $ already)Any advice would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks in advance
Andrew

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
1. Taxi
2. Taxi
3. Taxi
4. Taxi

Unless you have a lot of spare time to find the buses and good Spanish why bother with saving maybe $200 or so overall? Take a cab.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Just a "Feeling",but I bet Drew is "Young" and that $200 US may be important!

He may have more "Time" than "Money',I know I did when traveling South East Asia about 30 some years ago.I took the bus!Ask someone "OUTSIDE" the AI if there is a bus to where you want to go.
If you must take a taxi Drew,stay away from the "AI's" Taxi guys,they will for sure "Rip-You-Off"!
You MUST set the price BEFORE the journey,and if they try and tell you later that it took more "time,gas,food", or anything else and therefore cost more,tell them to go "PHUCK" themselves!
Or call my cell phone 975-8968,and I will be more than happy to tell them for you!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Criss Colon said:
tell them to go "PHUCK" themselves!
Or call my cell phone 975-8968,and I will be more than happy to tell them for you!!

Maybe we should all write that number down and call you when we are in need of that particular service. ;)

buseouno

Feb 22, 2005
Chirimoya said:
Maybe we should all write that number down and call you when we are in need of that particular service. ;)

Sounds good to me, I wrote it down, never know when it may be better for someone else to provide that service than doing it directly.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I Think We May Have Stumbled On a New Carrer For Me!!!!

As I have often been told,I have a nack for "Pi$$ing People Off!
I have been able to transfer that nack from my native English Language,into "Dominican" Spanish!
As My knowledge of Dominican "Cuss Words",cultural taboos,sexual pervertions,and racial prejudices have expanded,so has my ability to make Dominicans who have "wrong me",mostly behind the "wheel" of some kind of motorized conveyance,become unbelievably enraged!
Please feel free to call.
Just remember,that is my "Abuse Hotline",not "Humiliation"!(Thanks "Monty"!)
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

DR Rubia

Mar 12, 2005
HUmmmmmmmmm

Criss Colon said:
As I have often been told,I have a nack for "Pi$$ing People Off!
I have been able to transfer that nack from my native English Language,into "Dominican" Spanish!
As My knowledge of Dominican "Cuss Words",cultural taboos,sexual pervertions,and racial prejudices have expanded,so has my ability to make Dominicans who have "wrong me",mostly behind the "wheel" of some kind of motorized conveyance,become unbelievably enraged!
Please feel free to call.
Just remember,that is my "Abuse Hotline",not "Humiliation"!(Thanks "Monty"!)
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Any chance of getting some of those words and spanish meanings b4 my trip in 2 weeks?? Or should I just use the abuse hotline?? :laugh:

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"CAUTION","Do NOT Try This At Home!I AM A Professional!!

Some of the words and phrases I use are "Lethal",and should only be used by a professional!!

Stick to an occasional "Cono" and you should be OK!(Put a little "dead snake" over that "n" !)

Never,but never call somebody a "Come M*&%da"! ;)

DR Rubia

Mar 12, 2005
So.....

Criss Colon said:
Some of the words and phrases I use are "Lethal",and should only be used by a professional!!

Stick to an occasional "Cono" and you should be OK!(Put a little "dead snake" over that "n" !)

Never,but never call somebody a "Come M*&%da"! ;)

If I need some of those lethal words I need to use "THE NUMBER"?? LOL
Where do you reside in the DR?

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Las Colinas" de Arroyo Hondo Santo Domingo

Just next to the National Zoo,which many people find very appropriate!

DrewNY

Mar 23, 2005
After a long day at work, I definately appreciate the pablum Ricktoronto.

Criss Thanks for the encouragement...I can picture it now "spera uno momento " and hand the guy the phone and him handing it back saying nevermind it's on me or driving me to some remote location at gunpoint. Ill keep the number in case...

SO yeah...Does anyone know how much I should be paying, I was quoted on the net..$80.00 US from PC TO La Romana and the same from LR to Boca Chica and get this $25.00 from BC to the airpot in Santo Domingo. Ive read about considerably less expensive fares. I hate the idea of getting ripped off...Id rather save the money for extracurricular activities.

Like I said earlier Thankyou.

DR Rubia

Mar 12, 2005
So which "Animal" are you??

Criss Colon said:
Just next to the National Zoo,which many people find very appropriate!

Do you lean more towards the Chimp or more of the FOX type?? :cheeky: