El Caucho in Boca Chica

Isus112

Jun 30, 2004
While I've only been to bc once (this past weekend) I couldnt imagine there being a better hotel to stay at, nor would I try and find one on future visits. 3 of us stayed at El Caucho for 3 nights and we all agreed to return very soon. Depending on your agenda, you might not even have to leave the hotel grounds, and I'm not joking. if you need something (anything) these guys will have it to you asap, one of my friends in fact only left the hotel twice, once to burger king and the other to the disco, and when the chicas he brought home from the disco turned psycho and wouldnt leave, the hotel manager came from his sleep and took care of the situation, there is a beach 1 block from the hotel and moto rental right down the block if you desire. the pool and the grounds are cleaned daily, the food at the italian restuarant was very good as well, and best of all were the exotic in house hostesses! my only real complaint is that we didnt get to stay longer but theres always next time. ;)

Willie

Sep 30, 2004
I can second that. I had the privelege to stay at El Gaucho in February for three nights and I had a wonderful time. Abbie and the guys went out of their way to see that all guests were well taken care of. The location is ideal, away from all the noise and bustle but still within easy striking distance of the action. The beach is just one block away.

Security is tight but very polite and non intrusive. This is still a work in progress but if they continue on their present course, this could be soon be one of the best little hotels in the Boca Chica area.

Willie

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv
Not to mention El Caucho now has wifi access point. That alone make sit my number one stop, although I do have to try the wifi at playa vista as well!
Abbey and the rest of the guys are very cool. It is like hanging with a few friends, that just happen to own the hotel you are staying at!.

Danny is the typical italian dude, always wanting to cook you something! I had dinner twice before the italian restaurant was actually open. Danny says, if he is there, he will cook! That worked out great and I didn't eat any place else while in boca.

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
rafael said:
Not to mention El Caucho now has wifi access point. That alone make sit my number one stop, although I do have to try the wifi at playa vista as well!
Abbey and the rest of the guys are very cool. It is like hanging with a few friends, that just happen to own the hotel you are staying at!.

Danny is the typical italian dude, always wanting to cook you something! I had dinner twice before the italian restaurant was actually open. Danny says, if he is there, he will cook! That worked out great and I didn't eat any place else while in boca.
How are the prices in the restaurant? I know the price for he rotisserie chickens were incredibly expensive. When they first got the rotisserie, the prices were reasonable. Then they just about tripled the price. I haven't been back since.

helpmann

On Vacation!
May 18, 2004
WiFi At Playa Vista?

rafael said:
When did Playa Vista get WiFi?

-Helpmann

helpmann

On Vacation!
May 18, 2004
El Caucho

Jaxen112 said:
While I've only been to bc once (this past weekend) I couldnt imagine there being a better hotel to stay at, nor would I try and find one on future visits. 3 of us stayed at El Caucho for 3 nights and we all agreed to return very soon. Depending on your agenda, you might not even have to leave the hotel grounds, and I'm not joking. if you need something (anything) these guys will have it to you asap, one of my friends in fact only left the hotel twice, once to burger king and the other to the disco, and when the chicas he brought home from the disco turned psycho and wouldnt leave, the hotel manager came from his sleep and took care of the situation, there is a beach 1 block from the hotel and moto rental right down the block if you desire. the pool and the grounds are cleaned daily, the food at the italian restuarant was very good as well, and best of all were the exotic in house hostesses! my only real complaint is that we didnt get to stay longer but theres always next time. ;)
The guys at El Caucho are real accomodating and run an excellent hotel.

-Helpmann

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv
I haven't tried the rotisserie chicken yet so I don't know the price. I was on a kick where I was in the mood for pasta with garlic and olive oil. I know I ate that 3 times and also had a bunch of beers and soda etc on my "tab". At the end of the 3 days I only owed 29 bucks!

I have not tried the wifi at playa vista but I believe robert posted about that here. I will certainly try it out next trip.