Electrician seeks advice!

mikecurly

Apr 7, 2005
Hi I am a qualified electtrician from the uk, I will hopefully be comingb to the dr to live for at least a year in the sosua area, could anyone tell me what he job scene is like, how much money I could earn, or if anyone knows of any electricians I could contact I would be most gratefull.
:beard:

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
There are plenty of electricians/supposed electricians in the Sosua area. None make the sort of money you are used to.

Do you speak Spanish?

You best bet might be to try to get yourself established as a free lance electrician.

If you want to contact somebody, try Juan Martinez, the owner of Relectra. He speaks English. Phone and fax: 809-571-3809.

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
If you're prepared to take your year in the DR and establish yourself as a good electrician, build contacts, build a referral network and work hard at it, without requiring an income, you may make it after a year. The bad news is that you'll take six months of the year to figure out what to do with Dominican Electrics - invertors, battery banks, generators, buildings with no grounds, neutral and hot swopped around all over the place ;) and few people willing to do it right. Most everyone wanting to do it cheap!