AA and late Baggage

acmike

Jan 11, 2005
I just returned from a trip to Santo Domingo from 4/11-4-21.On arrival at Santo Domingo I discovered AA did'nt have my baggage.They dropped it off at the hotel 1 and 1/2 days later.
On the return trip to Boston they did'nt have my luggage either.I still have'nt gotten it.They act like it's nothing to them and tell you they reimburse $25.00 a day after 24 hours.I don't feel like this is enough considering the inconvience of it all.
Has anybody had any similar experiences and is there any way to get them to do better than the $25.00 a day.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
1. Avoid checking baggage
2. Get baggage delay insurance (you may have this with a premier credit card)

Otherwise not much unless they lose it entirely.

acmike

Jan 11, 2005
Good Result

I emailed AA customer service and complained about the delayed baggage and they sent me a voucher for $100.00 for a future flight!

MaineGirl

The Way Life Should Be...
Jun 23, 2002
amity.beane.org
What is their email? My bags were stuck in an AA office in SDQ for over 24 hours last month. The guys on the phone said we were all human beings after all and they couldn't do much about it.

Jun 5, 2004
MaineGirl said:
What is their email? My bags were stuck in an AA office in SDQ for over 24 hours last month. The guys on the phone said we were all human beings after all and they couldn't do much about it.

Go to their website (aa.com) on the top right side you will see a bar which says contact aa there you will have many options to the departments you will like to contact.

GRS

Jan 2, 2002
Mine were misloaded in NY and went to Rome instead of Santo Domingo, got it four days later.

Regards,

GRS

acmike

Jan 11, 2005
Email AA

On the AA web site there are a couple of email addresses.The one I sent mine to was customer relations.
Keep in mind that I asked for a refund of the ticket price and threatened to contest the ticket charge with my credit card company and to take them to small claims court.I don't know if this made any difference to them or not but it was worth the try.

Couillard

May 10, 2005
Late baggage

The first time I made a trip to Puerto Plata, AA lost my luggage as well. It took them 48hrs to get it to me. This was a few years ago though. I have made several more trips back and have not had any other problems.

Couillard