1 week DR?

Kristo

Apr 23, 2005
Hi,
I'm planning to visit the DR in August. I will only have 1 week - so I wondered what would be the best things to see in that time?
Any help would be great.

RonS

Bronze
Oct 18, 2004
Hi Kriso. In order to better help, it would help if you tell us your point of entry into the country, i.e., Santo Domingo, Puerto Plata, or Santiago, and what it is you're primarily interested in doing, i.e., historical sights, beach lounging, etc.

Kristo said:
Hi,
I'm planning to visit the DR in August. I will only have 1 week - so I wondered what would be the best things to see in that time?
Any help would be great.

Kristo

Apr 23, 2005
RonS said:
Hi Kriso. In order to better help, it would help if you tell us your point of entry into the country, i.e., Santo Domingo, Puerto Plata, or Santiago, and what it is you're primarily interested in doing, i.e., historical sights, beach lounging, etc.

I'm flying into Santo Domingo and I would like a few days to relax on the beach and perhaps some scuba diving or snorkelling, but I would also be interested in seeing the sights. I wouldnt mind going outside of Santo Domingo if there was something special worth seeing not to hard to reach by public transport.

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
Kristo said:
I'm flying into Santo Domingo and I would like a few days to relax on the beach and perhaps some scuba diving or snorkelling, but I would also be interested in seeing the sights. I wouldnt mind going outside of Santo Domingo if there was something special worth seeing not to hard to reach by public transport.

Hola Kristo. THere are no beaches in santo domingo proper. You have a few choices juan dolio and boca chica are near by (search the site...you will see the pro's and cons of either place). La romana is further away...but nicer.

THere is not much nightlife in either boca chica or juan dolio (cept for the working girls in bc)....durring the day...either is fine. Juan Dolio is quieter ...not so many beach vendors trying to sell you anything and everything. (a simple no and they will leave you alone)

I live and work in a big city...so i dont have much need or desire to stay in the capital.

good luck!! search this site and will find pleanty of information!

jj :bandit: