Barahona News

D

Doc

I am interested in the latest news on what is happening in Barahona. I have been away for awhile and hope to return either later this year or early next. Has the area finally got a decent Dive Shop for scuba diving, any new hotel developments or restaurants, etc.? The Dr1 news did mention that the local Sugar cane operation has been sold but is there any other economic developments of note. I have long term interest in this area and am interested in establishing contact with others that have found it of interest to them. I believe that there are excellent investment opportunites here in the future.

Hope to here from you all with a like mind.

kfrancis

S

sean

The Riviera Beach Resort has a great dive shop. The reefs in the Bahia de Neiba are really not at all bad, either. Development is still pretty slow. My favorite restaurant is the low-key Melo's Cafe on Anacaona, which has incredible breakfasts and delicious dinner specials. Have you been to Melo's before?

J

JenNY

The thing I love about Barahona is it's not yet such a TOURISTY area. I love the culture of Barahona, I have been going there for many years..about 8 years, and it's beautiful!

Slowly hotels are going up, and making it more and more tourist area.. Now with the airport.. etc...

Jenny