Liat

ChicaGriega

May 15, 2005
Hi everyone!
A friend of mine and I are going to visit DR next week.
We will stay at DR for 5 days only and we decided to visit some specific places in DR: Santo Domingo, Cabarete Puerto Plata, Sosua, Las Terrenas and Samana.
Is it better to fly from Santo Domingo to Puerto Plata or it'is ok by bus?
And how much does this flight cost?
Is it possible to fly from Puerto Plata to Samana or Las Terranas?

After DR we are planning to hopping in some islands like Grenada, TnT, Barbados, St Kitts. I read in the web site of LIAT that I should book the air pass from my origin country (Greece) but this is impossible cause the dates of my staying at each destination are not fixed and not gonna be till i am there.Any suggestions...?
Thanx!!!! :)

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
If I had 5 days and wanted to do all that travel after a flight from Greece I would personally perform a labotomy on myself without annestatizing first before I would do it.

My advice is to pick for instance Sosua/Cabarete only or Santo Domingo Only or Samana/Las Teranas. Man, I just got a headache thinking about all that travel.

Escott

daydream

Bronze
Sep 19, 2004
PP to Samana

Hi ChicaGriega

I agree with Escott - that's a lot of travelling in 5 days....

To answer one of your questions - I travelled from Puerto Plata to Samana in Jan and was quoted $140 to fly and $80 by coach.......we opted for the coach option in the end and it took just over 3 hrs......

Happy travelling
Daydream ;)

Jun 5, 2004
ChicaGriega said:
Hi everyone!
A friend of mine and I are going to visit DR next week.
We will stay at DR for 5 days only and we decided to visit some specific places in DR: Santo Domingo, Cabarete Puerto Plata, Sosua, Las Terrenas and Samana.
Is it possible to fly from Puerto Plata to Samana or Las Terranas?

After DR we are planning to hopping in some islands like Grenada, TnT, Barbados, St Kitts. I read in the web site of LIAT that I should book the air pass from my origin country (Greece) but this is impossible cause the dates of my staying at each destination are not fixed and not gonna be till i am there.Any suggestions...?
Thanx!!!! :)

My suggestion is to keep it nice and simple. Just go to one place or stay for more days. If you are doing all that traveling in 5 days most likely you will not have a good time because most of the time you will be in a vehicle. Its all up to you.

ChicaGriega

May 15, 2005
Gracias, pero.....

Vale vale, teneis razon! ;)

But I don't think that's imposible to stay 1 night in Santo Domingo, 2-3 nights in Cabarete (we can go on 1 day-trip to Sosua or Puerto Plata from Cabarete) and 1 day to Las Terrenas! If it is difficult we will stay more!

Anyway, we will see!

Does anyone have any idea about LIAT?
Would we be able to buy the air pass from DR or we should book it from here?

Muchas Gracias!

Apr 26, 2002
I don't believe that LIAT flies to the Dominican Republic. I guess that means that you should do it in Greece.

And please bring some stuffed grape leaves.

daydream

Bronze
Sep 19, 2004
Porfio_Rubirosa said:
I don't believe that LIAT flies to the Dominican Republic. I guess that means that you should do it in Greece.

And please bring some stuffed grape leaves.

grape leaves?!! dont you mean vine leaves.....YUMMMMM.....now you're making me hungry!

Sorry.....back on topic....

Daydream ;)

Apr 26, 2002
Chirimoya said:
LIAT have a counter at Las Americas so I think they do fly here.

See also
www.liatairline.com/Special-Promotions/DR_package.htm
Yes, but the same website shows no destination in the Dominican Republic on the scroll down menu. The "DR_package" section shows an American Airlines connection from San Juan to Santo Domingo. Finally, I note this "
** Island Hopper packages do not include Guyana and Santo Domingo as destinations."
http://www.liatairline.com/island-hopper.htm

I believe that LIAT cancelled flights to SDQ not long ago, though it looks like they may still have some kind of cooperative agreement with AA.

I'm suprised that one of the resident obsessed maniacs with flight schedule computers hasn't chimed in on this already.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Looks like it changed recently, Porfi.

I was looking for a flight to Barbados a just couple of months ago, and LIAT via Antigua would have been one of the options. BWIA was another, and they've since left as well.

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
ChicaGriega said:
Does anyone have an answer as to how much the SDQ-POP flight costs?

DAJAO

Aug 8, 2004
LIAT does have flights from and to SDQ.

Promotions:

Introducing An Additional Non-Stop Service to Santo Domingo!

LIAT has introduced an additional non-stop service Antigua to Santo Domingo on Sundays effective September 21st.

We operate the following non-stop services:

Origin Destination Time & Date
Antigua Santo Domingo 10:25am ? 12:40pm Sat. Sun., Mon.& Thurs.
Santo Domingo Antigua 1:20pm ? 3:35pm Sat. Sun., Mon.& Thurs.

Contact LIAT at 888-844-LIAT or your Travel Agent for further details!

Apr 26, 2002
DAJAO said:
LIAT does have flights from and to SDQ.

...We operate the following non-stop services:

Origin Destination Time & Date
Antigua Santo Domingo 10:25am ? 12:40pm Sat. Sun., Mon.& Thurs.
Santo Domingo Antigua 1:20pm ? 3:35pm Sat. Sun., Mon.& Thurs.
Excellent! Chiri, you were right!

Dajao. Why doesn't Santo Domingo appear as a destination in the scroll down menu on Liat's website?

ChicaGriega

May 15, 2005
Hi again!

Muchas gracias por toda la informacion que me habeis ofrecido! :)

I Knew that Liat does not include Santo Domingo: "Island Hopper packages do not include Guyana and Santo Domingo as destinations", but I think that Santo Domingo can be "used" as a departure country for the island hopper.

I supose that nobody has an answer for what I should do with the airpass: if I should book it before I arrive in DR, or I can buy it from a travel agent or the airport of DR. (The problem is that I don't know which days I will do the hopping so as to book it now from Greece!)

:cheeky:

Jun 5, 2004
Porfio_Rubirosa said:
Excellent! Chiri, you were right!

Dajao. Why doesn't Santo Domingo appear as a destination in the scroll down menu on Liat's website?

I though LIAT gave that destination to AA?