Hotel Matun

May 12, 2005
Hi,I was wondering if anyone here can give me a little info on this hotel. I'll be flying into santiago and spending one day there before moving onto costa dorada. I was looking at the almirante and centro plaza, but the rates i found posted were both over $100 U.S. per night which i found to be very pricey. Is the Matun clean? cheaper than the others? I havent really been able to find any info online about it. Thanks for all of your help and info.

duhtree

Jun 2, 2003
I stayed thee once for a few days. It was the pits. Doing quasi renovations, etc. Dirty. dark. dank. And now, I hear they are much morre expensive than 1 year ago.
For 1 or 2 nights it's much simplier and cheaper to stay at a" cabana tourista". A short time love motel. Often these are very nicely finished with a/c, cable, and 24 hour room service at very reasonable prices. Depening upon what time you arrive look to pay between rd$150-500 per nite. Most are fair and definetly arree safe.

May 12, 2005
duhtree said:
I stayed thee once for a few days. It was the pits. Doing quasi renovations, etc. Dirty. dark. dank. And now, I hear they are much morre expensive than 1 year ago.
For 1 or 2 nights it's much simplier and cheaper to stay at a" cabana tourista". A short time love motel. Often these are very nicely finished with a/c, cable, and 24 hour room service at very reasonable prices. Depening upon what time you arrive look to pay between rd$150-500 per nite. Most are fair and definetly arree safe.

Thanks for the info. I was leaning towards staying in a cabana anyway. But was curious how much a decent hotel would run and was surprised at the $175 US i was quoted for the almirante.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
for just an overnignt stay

Why not go to the hotel Colonial? It's cheap= RD$510 more or less. clean and has A/C and it is centrally located.
All told you'll spend RD$960 pesos: RD$450 for the taxi to the hotel and about RD$510 for the room.

While the Gran Almirante is probably not worth that price for a be, it is the nicest place in town.

If you do a search for " Hotel Colonial" here on the board, you will find the phone number and so forth.

If I can be of further service, don't hesitate to send me a PM.

HB :p

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Hey Jimmy, Where

Did you walk in and pay $30? the Matum? I would agree w/ you there.

HB:p