need help with baby names!!

calala2k

Apr 22, 2005
hi just a quick note for some baby spanish names, me and my husband have just found out we are expecting again... he is over the moon as last time round he was unable to be with me through pregnancy and birth. i asked him what he was more excited about ..he replied ''watching your belly grow'' and cutting the cord!! ;)
bless him!! as i named our last child he wants to name this one.
he wants to follow the ''ros'' on if its a girl as his mothers name is 'rosalina' and his sister is 'rosauri' he says 'rosanni' but im not too keen. as my name is ria he wants to follow the spanish name beginning with 'r' or 'ros' please help!!!
also he was telling me that when he was born his mum had to choose a name from a book of babies that are born in that month, does anyone know about this book?? if so what are the names for january??? boy or girl??
im very scared this time with the pregnancy as with my son Bradley i had no cravings no sickness and just the easiest birth anyone could ask for no pain relief as i had no time... 1 hour an a half labour and 15minutes delivery.!!! wow so ok im getting sickly not sick, and i dont think im lucky enough to have it that easy again!! i thought people said it was easier second time round??? i hope so ..lol ;)
anyways sorry for boring you hope you can help me with the names or come up with some ideas,
thankyou
calala2k.

chella

Aug 19, 2004
congratulations

congratulations and u are in the same sort of situation as me we are expecting our second child in november and with the first we were not together.....
so hes having all the same fellings as your husband seeing my bellie grow and being there at the birth.
if its a girl we have decided on rosario olivia no clue as of yet if its a boy,
our first son is called jayden rafael
so any help with boys names would be great

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
Try names that can be said the same way in both English and Spanish so that everyone in both of your worlds can say them as they are supposed to.

Carina
Christian
Kaila/Keila
Karen/Keren

and like that...

calala2k

Apr 22, 2005
thanks

thankyou for replying so quickly!! chella how far are you?? and how long has your husband been in england???
ok i really get what your saying about find something that both will be able to say but its not that easy hes determined to name this one starting with a 'ros' so im just trying to find something that i like too or something we can compromise with!!! lol
i am begiining to get used to 'rosanni' but im still not too sure. help help names in spanish begining with 'R' or 'ROS'
CALALA2K ;)

Lili_Love

May 29, 2005
name

i try to found for you what you think about:

Roxana
Ryviera
Rosa Eve
Rosabella
Ramina

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Some great names there. :cross-eye

Have you tried one of those online baby name finders? you can select Latin/Spanish, first letter, no of syllables, etc. See what they come up with.

Why not just Rosa by itself, otherwise combine it with another name - Rosa Maria, Rosalia, Rosalie - plenty of scope there. There's 'Rosambar' - for a
distinctly Dominican touch.

I agree with Talldrink that it should be a name that works in both languages.

Nov 5, 2004
Would just like to say congrats!!!! :D MUCHO FELICIADADES!! :D:D

I can't think of any names of the top of my head that will fit into what you want, besides some of the already mentioned ones.

One of my favourite ones so far is Rosalie.

TorontoBlonde

Feb 10, 2005
On line baby names???

Hi All

I also have a girlfriend who is going to be a new mom very soon. Her husband is also Dominican and wants to have a "spanish name"

We both have done searches on google to try to find different websites that have lists of Spanish baby names and the meaning behind the name.

We ern't able to find any really good sites. So if ayone knows some good web sites or books with Spanish names with their meanings that would be great.

Toronto Blonde

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
TorontoBlonde said:
Hi All

I also have a girlfriend who is going to be a new mom very soon. Her husband is also Dominican and wants to have a "spanish name"

We both have done searches on google to try to find different websites that have lists of Spanish baby names and the meaning behind the name.

We ern't able to find any really good sites. So if ayone knows some good web sites or books with Spanish names with their meanings that would be great.

Toronto Blonde
My daughter's grandmother started a family tradition of making up names where one half of the name is from one person's name and the other half is from another. It really makes for some nice sounding unique names.

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
rellosk said:
My daughter's grandmother started a family tradition of making up names where one half of the name is from one person's name and the other half is from another. It really makes for some nice sounding unique names.

Isnt that what all Dominicans do in DR anyway? thats how they get those odd names in the first place. :nervous:

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
Talldrink said:
Isnt that what all Dominicans do in DR anyway? thats how they get those odd names in the first place. :nervous:
Odd, but wonderful sounding (at least to a gringo like me) names.