I liked D.R. more than Brazil

bankbwoy

Mar 12, 2004
I am not saying I found love in D.R. because I never did but I had a better time in Cabarete than I did in Rio, Brazil. Maybe I am the first guy on the planet to say that but I had a better time there than Rio. For example, it seemed like I was hiting it off well in Rio until the ladies started asking me for money. I was a newbie there so thank God I had the older fellas tell me how to play the game right and not have cops or their bodyguards at my door trying to collect. One thing I learned in Brazil that nothing is for free. Even if you meet a beautiful lady who takes care of you for a few days until she realizes that you are not giving her any cash than you might hear the real truth that will upset you."I like your money before I like you." I lied and told her my money from my job doesn't get into my account until Tuesday even though I had cash in my room. I liked her but was not going to get played.

I was lucky to lie and actually found out that the fake day i told them I was leaving that 3 of them came to my apartment looking for me with friends.
In D.R. the women told me up front what was up...If they are sankies, workers, or looking for a good man. I know we all spend money but alot
of people use it to find love...so I am pretty sure in D.R. there are women that loves a man's money before them but thank God I never encountered that yet. So to make my long story short..I will be back in Cabarete before I fly back to Rio. I feel the people are kinder in D.R. than Rio and it seemed like every lady I met in Brazil loved money before a man. I rather sit down and conversate with a nice lady than find out hoow much money she needs.

Pana

Feb 12, 2005
So you liked DR more because they did not ask you for cash up front :tired: ? You blancos that travel to differnt countries get a woman of color are a joke, at least they did not lie to you in Brazil and run game on you they tell you like it is pay it up front. Keep thinking you are seeing the real DR by messing with these putas around the tourist areas.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
First of all you needed to get the hell out of Rio. Just like dominicans who think NYC is Fantasyland and the roads are paved in gold, there are those who think Rio is a lovers' playground when it is NOT. All of the gold diggers flock to Rio looking for tourists. Those girls will NEVER hang out with anyone if it's not for cash. You should have known this. Brazil is a big, beautiful country-did you get a chance to explore the surrounding areas or other towns? If you missed it go to Recife the next time you fly down there-it is a very beautiful city and very much unlike Rio.

And dominican girls are no different. Do not paint them with a different brush, brother. There are many people on this website that can tell you from VAST personal experience that 9 times out of 10 regardless of how sweet they may seem they are looking for a way out and/or a meal ticket, or the excitement of just seeing how long they can play you for a sucker.

This is how it usually works I am sure there are others who have run into this same scenario. You meet someone who treats you nice for a few days and then they start talking about their problems. You become hypnotized into thinking that good sex is love. As a nice guy you figure you will send her a little cash every month(what's $100 bucks to us, anyway?) to help her out and then it quickly gets out of hand. They need more and more and more.

Meanwhile, the tigeres that they have unprotected sex with never bother to take care of their own kids so now it becomes your responsibility. Meanwhile the money you are sending them is being spent on Brugal with Cokes at the local comedora and on some unemployed loser who agrees to lay low whenever you are in town so the charade can continue unabated.

Don't think for one second that dominican women are somehow any more virtuous than brazilian girls. They are not. Like anywhere else in the world, there are good ones and bad ones. So if you happen to have the good fortune of running into a good one consider yourself lucky. Like it or not we turistas are nothing but targets, so if you're looking for true love, good luck finding it in the DR.

easygoin

Bronze
Jan 2, 2005
recife oh my..(learn the country)

Berzin said:
First of all you needed to get the hell out of Rio. Just like dominicans who think NYC is Fantasyland and the roads are paved in gold, there are those who think Rio is a lovers' playground when it is NOT. All of the gold diggers flock to Rio looking for tourists. Those girls will NEVER hang out with anyone if it's not for cash. You should have known this. Brazil is a big, beautiful country-did you get a chance to explore the surrounding areas or other towns? If you missed it go to Recife the next time you fly down there-it is a very beautiful city and very much unlike Rio.

And dominican girls are no different. Do not paint them with a different brush, brother. There are many people on this website that can tell you from VAST personal experience that 9 times out of 10 regardless of how sweet they may seem they are looking for a way out and/or a meal ticket, or the excitement of just seeing how long they can play you for a sucker.

This is how it usually works I am sure there are others who have run into this same scenario. You meet someone who treats you nice for a few days and then they start talking about their problems. You become hypnotized into thinking that good sex is love. As a nice guy you figure you will send her a little cash every month(what's $100 bucks to us, anyway?) to help her out and then it quickly gets out of hand. They need more and more and more.

Meanwhile, the tigeres that they have unprotected sex with never bother to take care of their own kids so now it becomes your responsibility. Meanwhile the money you are sending them is being spent on Brugal with Cokes at the local comedora and on some unemployed loser who agrees to lay low whenever you are in town so the charade can continue unabated.

Don't think for one second that dominican women are somehow any more virtuous than brazilian girls. They are not. Like anywhere else in the world, there are good ones and bad ones. So if you happen to have the good fortune of running into a good one consider yourself lucky. Like it or not we turistas are nothing but targets, so if you're looking for true love, good luck finding it in the DR.

Obviously you have not seen Brazil either.RECIFE is number one in slums and crime rate in all of Brazil. Much worse than Rio overall by a longshot. Being that poverty in that area the country due to no education, work, money, you are dealing with the lowest of dirty sluts. Which I will say is everywhere in the world but in Brazil that is the bottom of the barrel. Better you than me.

Women in Brazil of class are probably the most educated of all Latin race in a Third World country. And mixed cultures make them the most beautiful women in all of the third world countries.

When I was in the DR I seen many beautiful women and know who is going to play you and who is not. It's all about where you go and what you want. The nicer the nights the higher the price it's what you pay for what you need. ;) and just remember you are the prey not them. :nervous:

bankbwoy

Mar 12, 2004
I agree

I agree with Easygoin. I did explore alot of Brazil and did enjoy the soccer games. Actually I didn't go out to Brazil to mess around all the time. Personally, and I am not speaking for everybody, that I had a better time in D.R. than Brazil.
Whats ridiculous is that Rio is place that alot of men go to for fun. They pay and the police are involved. I am not sure if D.R. is like that but I never experienced that. I am not trying to offend anybody ..I just had a better time in D.R. I enjoyed the clubs on the beach, the music, and the people. In Rio there was one big club called Help. There are other bars close to the beach but none were as big as Help.
I like a vacation that I can enjoy with no problems and had a better time in D.R. I had people in D.R. take me around to buy things. In Brazil the food I ate got me sick, I didn't care much for Samba music, and the cab driver tried to "rob" me for money.

bankbwoy

Mar 12, 2004
what money

ronaldobklyn said:
So you liked DR more because they did not ask you for cash up front :tired: ? You blancos that travel to differnt countries get a woman of color are a joke, at least they did not lie to you in Brazil and run game on you they tell you like it is pay it up front. Keep thinking you are seeing the real DR by messing with these putas around the tourist areas.

I never had a lady from D.R. ask me for any money when I was there. In Rio there are SOME women who will act like they like a gringo and then the day the guy leaves they come up to their apartment with their pimp or the police demanding money on a bill. Many Americans on the beach told me about that and i met alot of the foolish guys who got robbed like that.

If I like D.R. better than Brazil it is my opinion.

bankbwoy

Mar 12, 2004
I understand

Berzin said:

I hear what you are saying but I never go to a country looking for love or true love. However, as a Trinidadian I know how many people in countries are and act. However, I like going somewhere where I can lay on the beach, drink a few, hear some god music, and be around people that are nice.

Mar 21, 2002
Berzin said:

What girls are you hanging out with? I think any country has ghettoes and low lifes. Before you just go after the 1st pretty dr girl, how about getting advice on her reputation from some loacl yokels. There are many who would be obliged and would feel its their duty to steer away a foreigner from UN AVIONAZO.

Malibook

Bronze
Jan 23, 2002
www.yourtraveltickets.com
bankbwoy said:
I hear what you are saying but I never go to a country looking for love or true love.
Since you don't want to pay either, I would hope that you are honest with them about your intentions.

Are there really so many nice non-puta chicas in the Dominican Republic that "are looking for a good man" who simply want to hang out with you and have sex?
Perhaps they just want some practice or are you really that irresistible?

bankbwoy

Mar 12, 2004
Its a vacation

Honestly I when I am on vacation I just di what I got to do to have fun. So trying to figure out a lady I probably won't see again is not on my mind. I just try to have fun and for a guy that doesn't knw too much spanish I have hit it off with nice looking women that don't know a lick of English believe it or not.

carl ericson70

Nov 15, 2003
bankbwoy said:
I am not saying I found love in D.R. because I never did but I had a better time in Cabarete than I did in Rio, Brazil. Maybe I am the first guy on the planet to say that but I had a better time there than Rio. For example, it seemed like I was hiting it off well in Rio until the ladies started asking me for money. I was a newbie there so thank God I had the older fellas tell me how to play the game right and not have cops or their bodyguards at my door trying to collect. One thing I learned in Brazil that nothing is for free. Even if you meet a beautiful lady who takes care of you for a few days until she realizes that you are not giving her any cash than you might hear the real truth that will upset you."I like your money before I like you." I lied and told her my money from my job doesn't get into my account until Tuesday even though I had cash in my room. I liked her but was not going to get played.

I was lucky to lie and actually found out that the fake day i told them I was leaving that 3 of them came to my apartment looking for me with friends.
In D.R. the women told me up front what was up...If they are sankies, workers, or looking for a good man. I know we all spend money but alot
of people use it to find love...so I am pretty sure in D.R. there are women that loves a man's money before them but thank God I never encountered that yet. So to make my long story short..I will be back in Cabarete before I fly back to Rio. I feel the people are kinder in D.R. than Rio and it seemed like every lady I met in Brazil loved money before a man. I rather sit down and conversate with a nice lady than find out hoow much money she needs.

I'm glad you had such a good time in DR and you're correct......... you are the first individual that I've seen who prefers DR over brazil, because the later offers way more to see and do. Not to mention that the women in brazil are finer looking. One thing........... as a tourist, in both countries, you are a magnet for hookers and semi-pros, which seems to be what you ran into down there in brazil. There's no way that you can walk the streets in tourist areas of DR and brazil and not be approached by hookers. The thing that throws alot of people off is these chicas don't usually look run-down like north american hookers, for some reason.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Women in Brazil of class are probably the most educated of all Latin race in a Third World country. And mixed cultures make them the most beautiful women in all of the third world countries.

I would LOVE to show you my passport so that you can see where I have'nt been. As for educated, beautiful women, sorry brother, but Buenos Aires has Brazil beat. And as for slums, Brazil is FULL of them, especially in the cities. Who are you to say which slum is the worst? All ghettos stink-does it matter which one stinks the worst? And who are you to be the judge of this?
Besides, that was'nt even the point of my previous comments, so what are you talking about?

Keith R

"Believe it!"
Jan 1, 2002
www.temasactuales.com
carl ericson70 said:
One thing........... as a tourist, in both countries, you are a magnet for hookers and semi-pros, which seems to be what you ran into down there in brazil. There's no way that you can walk the streets in tourist areas of DR and brazil and not be approached by hookers.
I've been traveling to Brazil since 1979, during both single & married stages of my life. Tourist and non-tourist areas. I have NEVER been approached by a hooker there. Maybe because I didn't look like I was shopping for hookers...

xamaicano

Apr 16, 2004
So let me get this straight you are comparing a city that has more people than the entire DR to Cabarete, a little town only a few blocks long. That makes as much sense a comparing the women of Santo Domingo to the women in my local grocery store. Here's a clue, almost every single woman that isn't gainfully employed on that two and half mile strip on Atlantic Avenue in Copacabana is a prostitute. Every woman that is in Help is a hooker, it is the mother of all hooker bars. Dude, do really think that regular women are hanging around beaches in thongs at 3pm in afternoon waiting to hook up with foreigners to have sex? What planet are you from? Unless you speak Portuguese and plan on investing some time in the country, few women in Copa will want to be seen with you, for fear of being labeled a hooker, much less have sex with you. And if Help is best club you could find in, then you really didn't do much "exploring."

Keith R

"Believe it!"
Jan 1, 2002
www.temasactuales.com
bankbwoy said:
In Rio there was one big club called Help. There are other bars close to the beach but none were as big as Help.
I like a vacation that I can enjoy with no problems and had a better time in D.R. I had people in D.R. take me around to buy things. In Brazil the food I ate got me sick, I didn't care much for Samba music, and the cab driver tried to "rob" me for money.
Help is an infamous tourist & hooker hangout. I steer clear of it whenever in Rio (which is every yr).

I've eaten Brazilian food of all sorts -- including street food and the spiciest Bahian dishes -- since 1979. Never gotten sick from the food.

Samba, like merengue or bachata, is a lot more fun when you know how to dance it.

I have NEVER been robbed by a cab driver in the 26 yrs I have visited Brazil, whether Rio, Sao Paulo, Belo Horizonte, Ouro Preto, Congonhas, Brasilia, Vitoria, Recife, Olinda, Salvador, Porto Seguro, Ilheus, Itabuna, Petropolis, Santos, Sao Vicente etc. As a matter of fact, just the opposite. Some of them have undercharged me and one even befriended me, drove me around town for free (it was a small town in Bahia). It might have something to do with speaking Portuguese, but I like to think it's because I enjoy conversing with cabbies (which might explain why I have had similar experiences in most -- not all -- Spanish-speaking destinations in Latin America & the Caribbean).

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Different thread-how did this comment wind up here?

Onions&carrots said:
What girls are you hanging out with? I think any country has ghettoes and low lifes. Before you just go after the 1st pretty dr girl, how about getting advice on her reputation from some loacl yokels. There are many who would be obliged and would feel its their duty to steer away a foreigner from UN AVIONAZO.

Please don't get like some people on this forum that think that all of us turistas go out with ghetto low-lifes. I most certainly do not. I have met girls from all walks and funny enough I have been treated the best(with no requests for cash) by a girl who is dirt poor. So there goes your argument.

As for thinking that some local yokel is going to look out for me when it comes to hooking up with a girl, you obviously have'nt spent any time with these yokels that you so highly recommend. Thier duty is to see how much money they can get out of you so that they can stay on the corner drinking beer. Thier advice will cost you some cash-know what I mean?

The so-called good girls from good families and good schools were the ones looking to get paid so that they can keep on shopping for clothes and expensive camera-cell phones. The situation I've encountered is exactly the opposite of what you are alluding to, so what are you talking about?

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
Sylvester said:
bankbwoy said:
I never had a lady from D.R. ask me for any money when I was there.

Whats this ? Where exactly were you in the DR ?
Most likely he was not hanging around with the usual croud that most tourists target.

Oct 13, 2003
instagram.com
ronaldobklyn said:

I think the OP is from Trinidad... that and his username should alert you to he fact he might not be a 'blanco'

GET YOUR RACIST HEAD OUT OF YOUR *** for once and look before you leap.. sucker!