getting to Bayahibe (or La Romana) and a nice hotel

sorriso

Apr 8, 2005
Hi,

I am writing because I would like to travel from Santo Domingo to La Romana or Bayahibe and would like advice on how to get there cheaply and a decent hotel in either place. I lhave been living in Bonao for a while. I am having a friend visit and thought it might be nice to go to this area. I haven't been there yet.

I read in earlier posts that you can take buses from Santo Domingo area to La Romana or Bayahibe. Are these more like guaguas or are they more like a Caribe or Metro bus? Where can I get one of these buses? and how much would it cost to take it?

Thanks
Sorriso

buseouno

Feb 22, 2005
sorriso said:
Hi,

I am writing because I would like to travel from Santo Domingo to La Romana or Bayahibe and would like advice on how to get there cheaply and a decent hotel in either place. I lhave been living in Bonao for a while. I am having a friend visit and thought it might be nice to go to this area. I haven't been there yet.

I read in earlier posts that you can take buses from Santo Domingo area to La Romana or Bayahibe. Are these more like guaguas or are they more like a Caribe or Metro bus? Where can I get one of these buses? and how much would it cost to take it?

Thanks
Sorriso

The buses to LaRomana leave from next to Plaza Lama on Duarte, if your facing Plaza Lama, walk to your left and just around the corner you'll see buses, take the express for 95.00 pesos.
If you want the bigger buses, I believe you have to go one block farther to the left.
As far as hotels, it depends on what your looking for, if you want the beach go to Bayahibe, if you want night life stay in LaRomana.
Regardless, have a great time.
Ken