White Sands Gold Course - need help please!

cal7123

Mar 21, 2005
If anyone out there could pass along the website info for the White Sands Gold Course in Bavaro, Punta Cana, I'd be very thankful. They have a URL listed on ads in the Punta Cana area and I wrote it down but have misplaced it. I can't locate it via goggle, etc. :pirate:

Thanks in advance.

Bok

Mar 13, 2004
Is this the one ?

It doesn't say 'White Sands' anywhere but 'La Cana Golf Course' instead. Did they change the name by any chance?
Anyway, judging from the pictures I think it's the same place. I haven't had the joy of playing out there yet, so I can't tell from a personal experience.

However I did check the phonenumber given to me by Fedogolf (Fedogolf calls it White Sands too) with the one in the website and they are identical: 959-4653
That's the only reason I'm posting this to begin with because I couldn't find anything (new) on Google regarding 'White Sands' golf in the DR either. Just the same old "sameold" from before 2001.
Hope it'll be possible to find updated DR-golf related stuff on DR1 some day.
What do you think uncle Rob? Is this an idea or what? :laugh:

Cheers,
Bok

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
Another example

of a high end Dominican business with an English website butchering the language. I'm not sure how you would approach it or how it would be received, but it looks to me like a business opportunity for one of our DR1r's with translation skills to help these folks out. Come to think of it, you wouldn't even need the Spanish skills to "clean up" something like this. A quick editing of the English text to rephrase awkward structure and correct spelling would work wonders.

cal7123

Mar 21, 2005
Bok said:
Is this the one ?

It doesn't say 'White Sands' anywhere but 'La Cana Golf Course' instead. Did they change the name by any chance?
Anyway, judging from the pictures I think it's the same place.

Thanks but your link is for the Punta Cana Resort & Club - which by the way has a wonderful course! It doesn't compare to White Sands! I just need to contact White Sands for other reasons.

thx

cal7123

Mar 21, 2005
Ding, ding, ding ----- We got a winner here!

aegap said:

thanks - that's the site. Too bad it's outdated and lacking in good english skills! At least it has the contact info...and it hasn't bounced back to me yet as a non-working email!

Thanks again! :)

cal7123

Mar 21, 2005
Agreed!

sweetdbt said:
of a high end Dominican business with an English website butchering the language. I'm not sure how you would approach it or how it would be received, but it looks to me like a business opportunity for one of our DR1r's with translation skills to help these folks out. Come to think of it, you wouldn't even need the Spanish skills to "clean up" something like this. A quick editing of the English text to rephrase awkward structure and correct spelling would work wonders.

I can't agree more. As a regular traveler to the DR, I am always searching out websites of businesses, etc that people pass along to me, for hopes of finding some place to visit on my next trip. I'd rather have a current site in spanish than an outdated one OR one that butchers the language so badly it doesn't project a serious business. I tried talking to someone about that while down there last time and they seemed surprised that anyone actually checked out their website and didn't think they needed to update it once it went live! There is a real opportunity here for someone to cultivate a nice little business opportunity

Bok

Mar 13, 2004
Glad you found it. Nice job Aegap.

Strange thing about that phonenumber though :paranoid:
Maybe it's the phonenumber where you book all your golf in the the Bavaro/Punta Cana area....... :cross-eye:

I'll be sure to check it out next time I go there.