rainy season?

SportsPageWV

Jun 24, 2005
As posted earlier, and I am sure some of you are getting sick of me, but my fiance and I are planning on getting married in Punta Cana in early May 2006.

I was just informed that May is the rainy season and probably the worst time to have a wedding.

All help is much appreciated!

toddking30@yahoo.com

ggn420

Brain Doner
Apr 21, 2005
SportsPageWV said:
As posted earlier, and I am sure some of you are getting sick of me, but my fiance and I are planning on getting married in Punta Cana in early May 2006.

I was just informed that May is the rainy season and probably the worst time to have a wedding.

toddking30@yahoo.com
Take a chance, I was there in May 2 years ago, the weather was great, came from Vieques, the weather was the same there. May is the beginning of the "first" rainy season, for all the fruits to grow.....and Sept.through Nov. hurricane season.

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
SportsPageWV said:

toddking30@yahoo.com

I'm sure the weather is a big concern for you and your fiance but don't fret too much. The first week of May this year was great. The weather was hot, Sunny and for the better from the 1st to about the 11th. If the same holds true next year, great for you.

Note: Most occasions the rain lasts only a short time.

I'll put an order in with the island spirits to grant you super weather on your wedding day. Please advise wedding/weather date.

Congratulations and Regards,
PJT - DR1's Bavaro/Punta Cana weather observer

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
With all the other

factors involved in planning a wedding, I wouldn't waste time and energy worrying about something as totally unpredictable as the possibilities of rain a year from now. If that is the time you have chosen, and Punta Cana is where you want to go, you just move forward with it. You could have bad weather anywhere you go, any time of year.

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004

Weather patterns have changed in the DR, and although traditionally the rainy season entered early in May, now, mostly due to ta-da, ta-da global warming, the rainy season is unpredictable.