latin clubs in Toronto

naskapi

Sep 23, 2003
Hello all! Recently I went to a latin club in Toronto called La Flamingo. I had an amazing time. I just love dancing to latin music. They played a little bit of merengue and bachata, but not as much as I would have liked. Does anyone know of a club in Toronto that plays more Merengue and Bachata? Thanks for any info.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Right across the street is El Rancho. If the one you are referring to is on College St. Unless they've changed the venue they do play merengue.

Music

Bronze
Apr 19, 2002
www.flickr.com
Latin Fever on Sundays! Dominicans like to party on Sunday nights :classic:
Las Brisas on Sundays not sure how busy it gets I haven't gone in a while.

Most Latin clubs this days play a bit of everything, Salsa, Merengue, Bachata, Reggaeton and a little R&B even.

I"m always trying to find clubs to go to that play a lot of Merengue and Bachata that have a Dominican feel ;)

Marianopolita

Former Spanish forum Mod 2010-2021
Dec 26, 2003
Latin clubs in general in Toronto

Not in Toronto you will not get the right feel in my opinion. Once again my Montreal pride aside you will not find that balance in TO. My frustration is most clubs play too much salsa. El Rancho should be renamed the Salsa Palace (El Palacio de la salsa) because the music is 80% salsa.

Latin Fever out of all the clubs provides the best balance in my opinion. Flamingo is horrible in comparison to any Latin Club in Toronto and Lula Lounge seems to be getting the most attention right now. I can't speak from experience though this is what I am being told.

Check out this sight torontohispano.com for a list of clubs with reviews and commentary. The site will steer you in the right direction.

Good luck!

Music: you want a Dominican feel- Montreal is where you need to be.

LDG.

Music

Bronze
Apr 19, 2002
www.flickr.com
I agree El Rancho is mostly Salsa.
I've never enjoyed Plaza Flamingo.

Lula is up the stree from me, great because they have live bands but it's a certain type of crowd and I don't recall the few times I've been there that they play Merengue or Bachata? but i could be wrong.

That's why last sunday I had my own Doinican party in my backyard lol we were singing Frank Reyes and dancing to Merengue :laugh: my neighbours must hate me and think I'm nuts :laugh:

Yes I know unfortunalty my last trip to Montreal was for a wedding and too short but next time I'm going just to go dancing and get my Dominican fix ;)
I have no luck this year I'm away during the Domincan Festival too :cry: Next year for sure!!

Lesley D said:
Not in Toronto you will not get the right feel in my opinion. Once again my Montreal pride aside you will not find that balance in TO. My frustration is most clubs play too much salsa. El Rancho should be renamed the Salsa Palace (El Palacio de la salsa) because the music is 80% salsa.

Latin Fever out of all the clubs provides the best balance in my opinion. Flamingo is horrible in comparison to any Latin Club in Toronto and Lula Lounge seems to be getting the most attention right now. I can't speak from experience though this is what I am being told.

Check out this sight torontohispano.com for a list of clubs with reviews and commentary. The site will steer you in the right direction.

Good luck!

Music: you want a Dominican feel- Montreal is where you need to be.

LDG.

Marianopolita

Former Spanish forum Mod 2010-2021
Dec 26, 2003
Montreal anytime...

Music,

When you are ready for Montreal just let me know. You will see what I mean. You will stop going out in Toronto for sure. No comparison. Even the renowned 'salsa' clubs like Cactus are better than El Rancho etc.

LDG.

Music

Bronze
Apr 19, 2002
www.flickr.com
I'll let you know for sure! I"m sure your right I will love it!
Every time I come back from a vacation it's hard to go out to clubs in Toronto it's just not the same as the DR :cry:

Can't wait to party in Montreal now! ;)

Lesley D said:
Music,

When you are ready for Montreal just let me know. You will see what I mean. You will stop going out in Toronto for sure. No comparison. Even the renowned 'salsa' clubs like Cactus are better than El Rancho etc.

LDG.

Chiquita

Oct 3, 2004
Momentos plays a good balance of merengue bachatta salsa and reggaeton!
I agree that Las Brisas and Latin Fever are good choices as well for Sunday nite fun!

Bonita Morena

Sep 24, 2004
My friends and I have been to the dominican republic many times and enjoy the music and friendless of the dominican people so much that we try to attend dominican functions in Toronto as much as possible. In our adventures we've also discovered Las Brisas, Latin Fever Momentos and one of our favourite dominican hang outs is a fairly new bar in the Weston/Finch area called Santo Domingo. It's a small bar with huge Dominican Flavour! It reminds us of the little bars in the RD! By word of mouth I'm sure it'll pick up, on Thursday nites they have karokee and in between singers they play a great mix of merengue and bachatta as well as some reggaeton and salsa! Santo Domingo is good thursday and friday nites and sunday afternoons. On Saturday nites my friends and have discovered Privlege, it's downtown in the club district and run by Sabor Nuevo. It's a lot of fun too!