Is this still correct info?

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
Jul, 14-17/05 Merengue Festival 2005
Most events are centered around the Malecon of Santo Domingo, although many hotels offer live orchestras in their halls.

I'll be there from the 16th to the 21st...Is this still going on, or did they change the date?

Thanks!

MQ

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
You will miss it.

But there is always merengue action at Jet Set or one of the Ensanche Ozama-Avenida Valenzuela dance halls.

Bartolomeo67

Mar 18, 2004
starting today

Policia Nacional closed the malecon this afternoon - what a great feeling to stroll there without the constant traffic - merengue festival starts tonight at 10pm at the Obelisco, the usual place, but only lasts 4 nights.
Musicqueen, you can still catch the last 2 days if you are going to be in SD.
Saludos,
Bartolomeo back in town

riravaga

Feb 24, 2005
I hope I could go this saturday night,

thursday 14 (Obelisco Sto. Domingo)
10:00 p.m.

Sergio Vargas
Los Potros
Banda Gorda
Julian y Oro duro

Friday 15 (Obelisco Sto. Domingo)

Pochy Familia
Ramon Orlando
Fefita la Grande
Tulile

Saturday 16 (Obelisco Sto. Domingo)

Rubby Perez
Raffy Matias
Parada Joven
Krisppy

Sunday 17 (Monumento de Santiago)
8:00 p.m.

Eddy Herrera
El Prodigio
Milly Quezada
Robin y su revelacion Tipica

Sunday 17 (Obelisco Santo Domingo)

Johnny Ventura
Grupo Mania
El Jeffrey

Sanday 17 (Av. Venezuela esq. Las Americas, Santo Domingo)

Los Toros Band
Hermanos Rosario
Kinito Mendez

From Diario Libre newspaper ad.

If some of you are planing to go on saturday night let me know, maybe I could go too.

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
Mixed reviews???

Ok...am I officially going crazy now?

Which is it? This weekend or not?

If it's this weekend, that's great!!! I'll be there Saturday night around 10:30. Does this thing start at 10:00 p.m.? What time does it end?

Anyway, thanks for the info to all!!!

MQ

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
MQ there are two festivals, thus the confusion! The other one was changed to Oct. So, yes there is one this weekend. Enjoy. I wish I was in SD too. I want to go to Saturday and Sunday events - but I can't .........

riravaga

Feb 24, 2005
Will be great, the festival started yesterday, today we are having rain and I don't know if they could play tonight.

Im litter crazy too, I have to work on sunday morning so I can't go either, will try to enjoy saturday afternoon making another things after work.

Musicqueen as we are Dominican, you know our time, yesterday started 1 hr after, when I arrive home yesterday afterwork at 11:00 p.m. they was starting the show, fortunately the channer 13 is making the transmision live.

Last edited:

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
Wow, that's great!

Sometimes I love it!!! The later the better, as my plane doesn't get there until 10:20 tonight!

I plan to go see some of the groups tonight, and definetely as many as I can tomorrow night...Then Monday it's off to Samana for the rest of the week!

Did I mention that I LOVE THE DOMINICAN REPUBLIC???? ;)

Have a great weekend everyone!

I'll post as soon as I get back...with some details!

MQ