Beer?

solituna

Jan 26, 2004
So what about this new Ambev beer???

Does anyone have any detailed info regarding when they will launch, at what price any special marketing campaigns ???

How about what Presidente will do as far as "counter attacks"??

Johy

Sep 15, 2003
www.worldisround.com
For all the advertising we are currently seeing I assume they will soon come out to the market. All those ads on TV and the street about "TU SAAAABE" is AMBEV.

Some people say they will came out on September and that is the reason why the Festival Presidente de M?sica Latina will be held on October. Don't know if this is true but that's what I have heard.

solituna said:
So what about this new Ambev beer???

Does anyone have any detailed info regarding when they will launch, at what price any special marketing campaigns ???

How about what Presidente will do as far as "counter attacks"??

May 31, 2005
Johy said:
For all the advertising we are currently seeing I assume they will soon come out to the market. All those ads on TV and the street about "TU SAAAABE" is AMBEV.

Some people say they will came out on September and that is the reason why the Festival Presidente de M?sica Latina will be held on October. Don't know if this is true but that's what I have heard.
I heard it the other way around. I heard that it will come out on September because the Festival is in October.

Tor

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Hopefully it will getting the prices down. I realy don't understand how the Presidente beer can be so extremly expensive. (Bought in the shops/supermarkets)

Stodgord

Bronze
Nov 19, 2004
Tor said:
Hopefully it will getting the prices down. I realy don't understand how the Presidente beer can be so extremly expensive. (Bought in the shops/supermarkets)

Probably for the immediate future, because of the hype, people will be buying the new beer but in the long term Presidente will rule. There have been other beers in the Dominican market, even cheaper than Presidente and still they could not make a dent in Presidente. Cerveza Brava, Quisqueya, Bohemia and Soberana were those beers that were hyped, and people bought them but look where they are now.

May 31, 2005
Presidente is the bomb. I will drink Bohemia if there is nothing else but if I have a choice it's Presidente all the way.

samiam

Bronze
Mar 5, 2003
Best thing that couldhave happened

I have had Brahma and its good. Very refreshing and a bit lighter than presidente. By lighter, I mean its not as heavy when it starts losing temperature. Anyone who has had a Presidente turn 'sopa' knows what I mean.

I hear people talking about which beer will be best and if Presidente will remain #1 or if Brahma will compete neck to neck with dominicana's #1 brew. 'Presidente will kick their ***....blah, blah, blah" - I say: Let them kill each other!! To me it doesnt matter really since the winner in this clash of beers is me!! For years Presidente has been the only cow out in the pasture, but with steep competition, we are sure to see a boom in event sponsorships and concerts and stuff. In an era where we dont have Ramoncito's BanInter to bring LuisMiguel and sponsor half the country's cultural events, this just might be the best thing that could've happened!!

Most likely AmBev will not take more than 20%-25% of Presidente's market. But, they will likely be a pain in the *** for Presidente and 4-5 years down the line, and most likely AmBev will buy out Presidente to use it as a strong international brand. When AmBev bought out Quilmes and changed nothing in the beer. With a much more bigger market in Buenos Aires alone than in our whole country, and much like Presidente in market condition, Quilmes was transformed into a more dinamic company after the competition and buy out but the beer has stayed the same.

Tor

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Does anybody know why Beers are so extremly expensive in the DR. A normal price in supermarkets and Colmados in the Sosua area is 30 Pesos for the normal size Presidente. In many European high cost countries, you can by good quality beers at same size to below 10 pesos.
Is it the goverment tax that is so high, or is it the brewery that takes all the money or is it the shop owners who takes the big profitt ?

xamaicano

Apr 16, 2004
While I haven't tried them all, but of the latin American beers I have tried, Presidente is by far my favorite, next is Negro Modelo. Most of the others seem like variation of the same crap.

riravaga

Feb 24, 2005
I can see coming a hard fight in the market, Amveb is a large international company and Presidente has #1 in DR. Thay must be thinking in change their strategicals process for the market, the other one brew companies was weak and small, now is different.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
SABMiller, which is still a minority owner of Cerveceria Nacional, just bought Columbian beer giant Bavaria for almost $USD 5 Billion!

This creates the second largest Brewery conglomorate in the world.
I would not worry about Presidente's ability to compete with AmBev (which is now known as InBev).