Dominican's travelling outside of the country

Luperonsailor

May 1, 2005
A little hepl

rellosk.
I can not figure out how to start a thread to ask a general question. Can you enlighten me on how to go about starting a new thread (post)
Luperonsailor ;)

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Click on the forum you are interested in

At the top left hand side there in a button that says New Thread.

Piece of "pud?n"

HB :D:D:D

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
A life vest and bathing suit??

Of course the OP probably waht's a serious answer.

1) Good, solid job
Bank account well established
Credit cards
Property
Family: Wife kids & responsabilities
Some reason to return

2) Passport
2a) Visa
3) Airline or boat ticket.

HB :D:D:D

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Sylvester said:
What your friend will need is a Temporary Resident Visa. You can obtain more info regarding this at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/index.html

For the "TRV" the term "visitor's visa" is the common way of referring to it.

The odds of him or her getting one is nil, zero, zilch, nada, nothing. We issued just over 200 in 2002 or 2003 for Dominicans (vs. something like 400,000 Canadians coming to the DR) . If his last name is Barcelo maybe.

Also unless they take a charter flight (unlikely as it is a backwards routing) or fly on the ($$$) Air Canada nonstop from POP to Toronto, they will have to connect in the USA and thus would need a transit visa for there doubling the odds to two times nil to obtain two visas. (The USA cancelled the ability to connect without a transit visa after 9/11 - and since you can leave any USA airport at any time after arriving, the dificulty is the same as getting a visitor's visa, e.g. they won't do it).

It is possible also to connect via Havana on Cubana - wing and a prayer time with them, IMHO, or Panama-Salvador-Toronto on COPA and then TACA.

DianaC

Jan 8, 2005
ricktoronto said:
For the "TRV" the term "visitor's visa" is the common way of referring to it.

The odds of him or her getting one is nil, zero, zilch, nada, nothing. We issued just over 200 in 2002 or 2003 for Dominicans (vs. something like 400,000 Canadians coming to the DR) . If his last name is Barcelo maybe.

Not totally true... it is possible but very difficult for a Dominican to get a visitor visa. PM me and I will give you some details.

ricktoronto said:
Also unless they take a charter flight (unlikely as it is a backwards routing) or fly on the ($$$) Air Canada nonstop from POP to Toronto, they will have to connect in the USA and thus would need a transit visa for there doubling the odds to two times nil to obtain two visas. (The USA cancelled the ability to connect without a transit visa after 9/11 - and since you can leave any USA airport at any time after arriving, the dificulty is the same as getting a visitor's visa, e.g. they won't do it).

I recently heard of a Dominican flying from POP to Toronto on AC for ~$400 Cdn one way... a bargain at this time of year. And the US did not totally cancel the ability to connect without a transit visa after 9/11.... I have family who have done it since then.... again, PM me if you want details.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Unless you charge for your services never mind PM's post it here for everyone to see.

It could be important knowledge to have on DR1.

DianaC

Jan 8, 2005
Anna Coniglio said:
Unless you charge for your services never mind PM's post it here for everyone to see.

It could be important knowledge to have on DR1.

My "services", like my opinions, are free.

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
canadiangirl24 said:
Thanks for the answer ricktoronto. Why is it so hard to get a visitor's visa??

Something about never leaving and mooching off the system and committing crimes is the usual reason. Not just Dominicans mind you.

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
DianaC said:
My "services", like my opinions, are free.

So fess up - the AC fares at times are not killers, the TWOV program is cancelled so how that is possible is intriguing, if true.

The visa won't be forthcoming - we all know that. Save the money.

May 31, 2005
canadiangirl24 said:
So I guess I won't be seeing my friend again unless I go back to the DR.
Don't give up. Do your research first. Don't listen to everything that people say. I agree that it is not easy to get but don't give up just for that fact. Go out there and see for yourself.

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
Yes sure spend that money. Post something about the friend and we can easily opine on the odds.